What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Total Nuclear Anhililation

Any chance of ordering any more? I was waiting to play at Daventry before I made my mind up. Surely the demand is there if 4/5 have already sold on preorder.

I’d just order now mate :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

it was £6,500 but think you had to get in early.

Started off around $4,500 when released (from memory) for US buyers but you'd need to get it over plus import duty etc.

It was >$6000 when released in the US

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got in at £6595. There is no doubt NIB prices are a huge amount of money upfront. The way I justify it is the cost per day to own. If you pay £6595 and keep it for 2 years, including the 2 year warranty you shouldn't need to spend any more on it. Let's say you sell it after 2 years for £5200?, it has cost you less than £2 a day to own. Most people could find that by adjusting what they spend e.g. skip or reduce the Costa/Starbucks Coffee, shop sandwiches, booze, cigarettes. Take your own dinners to work and you'd easily save that much. If you buy nearly new then the first buyer has already taken the biggest hit so the daily cost is even less.

I appreciate this won't work for everyone but it makes me part with my money a little easier :)

Not long to wait now :clap:

I got in at £6595. There is no doubt NIB prices are a huge amount of money upfront. The way I justify it is the cost per day to own. If you pay £6595 and keep it for 2 years, including the 2 year warranty you shouldn't need to spend any more on it. Let's say you sell it after 2 years for £5200?, it has cost you less than £2 a day to own. Most people could find that by adjusting what they spend e.g. skip or reduce the Costa/Starbucks Coffee, shop sandwiches, booze, cigarettes. Take your own dinners to work and you'd easily save that much. If you buy nearly new then the first buyer has already taken the biggest hit so the daily cost is even less.

I appreciate this won't work for everyone but it makes me part with my money a little easier :)

Not long to wait now :clap:

Wish everyone thought like you Martin

The difficult part is finding that £6k+. If you buy the right Pin at the right time then it may cost you nothing. I'm sure the buyer of my HUO minty Walking Dead LE could easily sell it for what he bought it for, if not more.

i play it almost every day.

I hear the word linear and in my view I can't find a pinball machine that isn't linear...

This game has one aim and its a tough one that you have to do 9 times, each time it gets progressively harder.

Neil.

i play it almost every day.

I hear the word linear and in my view I can't find a pinball machine that isn't linear...

This game has one aim and its a tough one that you have to do 9 times, each time it gets progressively harder.

Neil.

Well I guess there are games without such a defined order of play. Maiden you could build your loops ramps pops etc, head towards either Mummy or Trooper multi ball or get a mode of some sort going and then mix these together. LOTR has similar freedom to it no?

It’s linear in the same way something like an old video game is linear; you do the same thing but it’s fun and becomes more of a challenge as you go through so keeps you coming back for more. Galaga or DK come to mind as some of my favourite videos that are like that. Love me some TNA!

progressing from one stage to another in a single series of steps; sequentially - so I guess you could argue that pinball machines have more than one series of steps but in my view all pinball machines are linear, by the very nature that the switches and layout are fixed makes it hard to be anything but linear. you can jump off and on but to complete the modes in most games you do the same thing over and over. until its complete. Does that make LOTR non-linear i.e. not sequential , I'm pretty sure that it is sequential.

on you point about getting to the end goal, well yes its a more fixed path because its the only thing to do in the game, but you can take that path via multi ball or complete the reactor charge in a few different ways, but yeah iron maiden has more to do on the game but I still think its linear, maybe too many late nights at MIT.

Cheers,
Neil.

progressing from one stage to another in a single series of steps; sequentially - so I guess you could argue that pinball machines have more than one series of steps but in my view all pinball machines are linear, by the very nature that the switches and layout are fixed makes it hard to be anything but linear. you can jump off and on but to complete the modes in most games you do the same thing over and over. until its complete. Does that make LOTR non-linear i.e. not sequential , I'm pretty sure that it is sequential.

on you point about getting to the end goal, well yes its a more fixed path because its the only thing to do in the game, but you can take that path via multi ball or complete the reactor charge in a few different ways, but yeah iron maiden has more to do on the game but I still think its linear, maybe too many late nights at MIT.

Cheers,
Neil.

I guess there are degrees of linearity and fixed path is just another name for it! I'm not necessarily saying linearity is always a bad thing. When it comes to video games I always preferred a 2D side scroller to some huge open world, this may be an age thing!

Those ordered from Pinball Heaven were shipping week beginning 20th August I believe. Did you order direct with Spooky?
Direct, possibly under the misguided notion that since I ordered on 20th Feb mine would actually be here before orders placed much later...

TNA is a linear game as I understand it.

You have to do reactors 1 - 9 in order - linear.

Maiden is non linear in that you don't have to do things in order to get the number of the beast mode. Multiple paths and directions.

That's my take anyway.

One thing to note folks.

TNA is a light pin but the back box is quite heavy, so it has a tendency when moving it to roll towards the backbox. Just bear this in mind when you are unboxing or moving it around.

Neil

Container is on hold in the port where it has sat for the last 10+ days.

Driving me crazy.

Back
Top Bottom