What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Total Nuclear Anhililation

Warning: Do Not Buy This Game.

It is so good that you won't want to play any of your other games as they will seem too slow and quiet in comparison.

Ignore that.

Buy, beg, or borrow this game. Steal mine if you have to. It's that good.

Disagree on that statement,fun game but far from uber quick,even my MGOW aint far behind-an old widebody.The pop action is nice n quick on TNA tho.

IMO - PLEASE READ THAT, my opinion, before all owners get there knickers in a twist.Yes its fun,but for the price you can have waaay more fun with 4 games of the 80's

I MO

Last edited:
I’m really happy with my TNA but I don’t think there will ever be a game that is loved universally - we’’re all different and for some it just won’t click like it does for others. Life would be boring if we were all into the same things!

Personally I’m a total sucker for lightshows and I love this style of music so it works for me - and I’m a big fan of the lock stealing in multiplayer. I’m also somewhat limited by space so having a few 80s games instead would give me a big problem rather than more variety. In the end it cost me around £6.2k when all was said and done and I feel that’s quite reasonable given how much is going on under the playfield - especially when compared to the current Stern Pro pricing - but can absolutley understand why others would prefer to have a few older machines instead.

Like all games, I’d definitely recommend playing before buying, so if anyone is interested it’s worth making the journey over to Tilt for a few games before putting an order in.

Played this at Tilt last night, and I have to say I was totally underwhelmed.

I played a single player game in the League, and then after the league finished I played a 4 player game on my own. I can honestly say if I never played it again I wouldn't be sad.

It just did nothing for me at all.
First game I was trying to shoot to destroy the reactors. However, it didn't take long to work out how easy it was to get MB, and that reactors basically just got destroyed anyway. Plus the scoring for jackpots in MB is so much higher.

I also hate the fact that the flippers don't have EOS switches, as most people who have seen me play I tend to play 'on the fly' the flippers just felt soggy when trying to hit an oncoming ball.

The playfield seems barren, with the upper portion mainly wasted and not much on the lower portion anyway.

It's not that I need games to have immense rules sets to enjoy them, they just need GOOD rule sets. Given a choice between this and BlackJack (for example) I think BJ wins on pretty much all fronts.

I'm not bothered about what's going on under the playfield - the only thing that interests me is what's going on above the playfield, especially at the price it sells at, but to each their own, I suppose.

It’s a music pin at the end of the day. So needs the volume cranked up to a level where you at least feel the sub. You can only really do this in a home environment..

Got to play it a bunch for the first time and knew I’d love it . Brain dead addictive Pinball how it should be

Almost a shame I own the top 2 pins of all time or would be pulling the trigger in a heartbeat.
Oh well Tilts gain for sure

Attachments

• B73DAAEB-CE9B-4B01-8A2C-97A0022982B4.jpeg
    B73DAAEB-CE9B-4B01-8A2C-97A0022982B4.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 45
My tuppence worth. Love the light-show, thought the sound system and music were top notch, Even like fact that its retro, but it just did nothing really to stir me. And it's an awkward size in a line up :D

But I'd tire of it really quickly, not give it a second thought since I played it over at Lee's.

And it's an awkward size in a line up :D

...something tells me the size is really bugging you!

Could work stand-alone though? Especially if you stretched to the Butter cabinet.

I still need to play it at TILT (Weds 6th June evening - anyone about?)

...something tells me the size is really bugging you!

Could work stand-alone though? Especially if you stretched to the Butter cabinet.

I still need to play it at TILT (Weds 6th June evening - anyone about?)

Guilty as charged lol.

I didn't hate TNA. There was a lot to like, but just not my bag. I can't help the size thing, I prefer them all the same size or it bugs the sh1t out of me. I could make it work on it's own for sure, but wheres the fun in that. My tron is on it's own across from the pool table and it looks lonely.

Guilty as charged lol.

I didn't hate TNA. There was a lot to like, but just not my bag. I can't help the size thing, I prefer them all the same size or it bugs the sh1t out of me. I could make it work on it's own for sure, but wheres the fun in that. My tron is on it's own across from the pool table and it looks lonely.
I’m expecting it to be much more accessible to new players than TWD, or Iron Man (as tougher examples). But might get stale in the longer term as the gameplay seems to be reasonably shallow and repetitive. Will reserve judgement til played more next week. I don’t play my games anywhere near as often as some, and I’m rubbish, so it could work quite well in my situation!

I’m expecting it to be much more accessible to new players than TWD, or Iron Man (as tougher examples). But might get stale in the longer term as the gameplay seems to be reasonably shallow and repetitive. Will reserve judgement til played more next week. I don’t play my games anywhere near as often as some, and I’m rubbish, so it could work quite well in my situation!

Yeah sounds similar to me, I perhaps tinker with them more than play them, but I really enjoy that.I'm quite average as a player but like the social side too. Got some good friends through the hobby.

Jus swapped out the power supply on TNA for the fanless one - what a difference - Best mod by a mile - the one that comes with it is worse than a hoover - not so much an issue when playing but it means I never want the game on whilst I’m in the room!

cb9b30bf1ceb4e6a902d476e12a7198e.jpg

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Has the price on this gone up? Phil’s webpage now showing 7k thought it was less than that?

Bank of England stupidity driving the pound down I’d guess.

it was £6,500 but think you had to get in early.

Started off around $4,500 when released (from memory) for US buyers but you'd need to get it over plus import duty etc.

These are fully loaded with the extras (side art, shaker, plastic protectors, knocker) and yes they were £6595 when the dollar was 1.4. A few weeks back £6795 and now the dollar is 1.28 it’s £6995!

I have the first 5 on the way with only one spare....

Phil

Also. Was supposed to be 10 coming. Which means shipping costs more for 5 than 10 but there wasn’t the demand there appeared to be for this game with all the other titles coming out.

Lots of people saying got to have one... but went for somet else.

Any chance of ordering any more? I was waiting to play at Daventry before I made my mind up. Surely the demand is there if 4/5 have already sold on preorder.

Back
Top Bottom