What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Total Nuclear Anhililation

I saw it mentioned earlier in the thread that the game uses the P3-ROC board, but what drives this board (and the monitor)?

Thr p-roc board is an io controller that only knows what to do with switches, coils and lamps. To do anything useful it needs to be connected to a computer. This holds the game code that ‘talks’ to the proc and monitor and also for tna the segment displays. As technology evolves the computers get smaller. The current computer in use on tna is a new small rpi sized footprint device called an up board

Ignore that. Buy, beg, or borrow this game. Steal mine if you have to. It's that good.

Please dont forget to leave your security system unset next time you go away, leave your keys under the mat (as not to make a mess), and provide dates you are "absent" and no family/friends are anywhere near the house ;)

Warning: Do Not Buy This Game.

It is so good that you won't want to play any of your other games as they will seem too slow and quiet in comparison.

Ignore that. Buy, beg, or borrow this game. Steal mine if you have to. It's that good.

You sold Metallica for TNA....? If so, do you have any regrets?

You sold Metallica for TNA....? If so, do you have any regrets?

Met and TNA are totally different games. MET needs a whole lot of work before it starts to get interesting, and at the end of a game the last thing you want to do is start all over from the beginning, I found.

TNA is the crack cocaine or the fixed odds betting terminal of pinball, totally addictive and makes you want another hit instantly. Interestingly the points are irrelevant - all you want to do is get one more reactor than last time. It might get boring, but it hasn't yet! I found I wasn't playing MET much at all so might as well let someone else enjoy it.

Warning: Do Not Buy This Game.

It is so good that you won't want to play any of your other games as they will seem too slow and quiet in comparison.

Arrggghhh!! Ages until mine comes - this post is NOT HELPFUL at all.... :confused:

I had half a dozen or so games.Liked it but didn't blow me away,overall look is good aesthetically.Nice sound,but in all honesty robo war and tx is waay better sound.Like action and placement of the popper,flipper action was pretty good,still need to learn it more.Initial thoughts,good just not £6k good.Overhype may have caused some of those thoughts.

I had half a dozen or so games.Liked it but didn't blow me away,overall look is good aesthetically.Nice sound,but in all honesty robo war and tx is waay better sound.Like action and placement of the popper,flipper action was pretty good,still need to learn it more.Initial thoughts,good just not £6k good.Overhype may have caused some of those thoughts.

Definitely not over hyped, everyone has loved it in Tilt!

Correct cos everyone has different opinions,life would be cack if we all like the same stuff

But that’s not what you said :)

you qualify your position by adding a monetary value to it!

either the game good or it’s not or you like it or you don’t! Or maybe I’m simple :)

Neil

But that’s not what you said :)

you qualify your position by adding a monetary value to it!

either the game good or it’s not or you like it or you don’t! Or maybe I’m simple :)

Neil

If you are buying summat it has to be related to what you think it's worth.It is a good enough game for me to pay for it in an arcade,but not to buy it for £6k so I guess you are simple

Code update:

"Hey there!!! Another TNA code update is here! This is a short, but good one.

I have fixed a few bugs and added what I like to call “Speed Runs” to kill each reactor. What do I mean you ask? The game now displays reactor uptime on the display telling you exactly how many seconds each reactor has been online for. The timer starts as soon as the reactor start scoop has been hit and stops when the reactor is destroyed. These speed times are stored in the high score table as “Reactor X Speed Run Champ”. There are 10 of these. One for each reactor and one for Total Annihilation!

Every second counts when battling these reactors so be sure to skip the reactor startup animation and be sure to skip the bonus count at the end of your ball. Your reactor uptime pauses if another player is up, but the timer does not pause until after the bonus count.

Have fun everyone!

Change Log:
v1.2.1 – 05/22/2018 – Scott Danesi

## Bugs Fixed ##
– Skillshot light stuck on is now fixed.
– Reply info in attract mode now says replay for credit and Extra Ball when award is an extra ball
– Tilt during multiball trough issue fixed

## Features Added / Modifications ##
– Added reactor uptime champs to high score boards
– Added reactor uptime to display while reactor is running
– Random performance enhancements
– Co Op now can be enabled if you forget to enable it on adding player 1

## Download Link ##
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11iirLZAPz0k-yNbEmt8AguLAuMOqbGbX

Code Update Procedure:
WARNING: Updating code on your game will reset your audits and settings on the game after the update procedure. However, these audits and settings are automatically dumped to the USB stick as a backup for your reference. I am planning to add functionality to save audits within the game in the future.

Step 1: Download the latest “pkg” file from the link above.
Step 2: Copy the “pkg” file to a USB flash drive. Do not change the name of the file, should be named “tna-gamecode.pkg”.
Step 3: Power off the game and remove the backglass.
Step 4: Insert the USB flash drive into an open USB port on the PC located on the right side within the backbox.
Step 5: Power on the machine, a message should appear saying that the software is updating.
Step 6: Once the code update is complete, remove the USB flash drive and restart the machine."

Scott Danesi

Interesting page of comments this one, with Poibug's comments suggesting most of all to me that TNA seems to be working as a 'gateway' for people that may have never truly 'gotten' the older games.

Means I will probably love TNA when I get to play it though!

well there are so few of them around for people to play. Scott is pretty specific in saying those games influenced him for the project from soup to nuts.

well there are so few of them around for people to play. Scott is pretty specific in saying those games influenced him for the project from soup to nuts.
VERY good point - hence my support for things like The Pinball Arcade. TPA is about to be mutilated by the lack of Williams license but I'm glad I was able to look past the issues with the game + physics because it introduced me to so many varying types of pinball it was dizzying. The fact that all of my experiences were reflected in reality when I finally started playing tables in person made me really love that thing.

I'm trying to convince my wife that we absolutely need a trip to Birmingham Bullring tomorrow, so I can detour to Tilt... lol

Interesting page of comments this one, with Poibug's comments suggesting most of all to me that TNA seems to be working as a 'gateway' for people that may have never truly 'gotten' the older games.

I agree! I would consider owning an older Bally now if there were some games with gameplay of the same style.

Back
Top Bottom