What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Total Nuclear Anhililation

There is a 2M high score with TOM on it - not sure who that was.

In my somewhat limited experience, it doesn't seem that number of reactors necessarily correlates to high scores. The furthest I've got is Reactor 5, but that game resulted in my third highest score so far - my best score of around 2.7 million came from focusing on destroying reactors at 3x value in multiball.

Got another ten or so games in last night and already looking forward to getting home tonight to play some more. It's very addictive.

In my somewhat limited experience, it doesn't seem that number of reactors necessarily correlates to high scores. The furthest I've got is Reactor 5, but that game resulted in my third highest score so far - my best score of around 2.7 million came from focusing on destroying reactors at 3x value in multiball.

Got another ten or so games in last night and already looking forward to getting home tonight to play some more. It's very addictive.

yes agreed, 2x3x4x is the way to go both with multi ball jackpots but also with reactor jackpots, i.e. start the reactor then just keep hitting the dialpad and then blow the reactor.

Wow, we have a few OCD types on here, I can't believe some of you won't own it because its a different size or shape to other machines in your line-up. I probably won't own one because it's £6600. If it was £5k ( in my dreams ) I'd already have one.

I am also somewhat perplexed on all the cabinet size talk. :hmm:

Having helped scott on this from the beginning the concept was to make an 80s type bally pinball be brought up to date, but to keep the feel of the earlier single level bally games. Games like, fathom, centaur, eight ball deluxe, medusa, paragon, nitro ground shaker, kiss, harlem globetrotters etc etc The cabinet sizes are copied from a bally dolly parton which the prototype uses and if you see pictures of TNA lined up next to this era of game it is the same. Maybe there is some confusion here, as this is the first new 80s style game to be manufactured in recent times, (though there have been other older type games made to like big juicy melons to) To put an 80s style game into a 2018 cabinet would be a huge mistake and the same no no as removing the segment displays..

Here is a pic of underside of the game. Not very 80s here!! Fully loaded. There are 21 drives used iirc before you add a shaker on

IMG_1458.JPG IMG_1459.JPG IMG_1460.JPG IMG_1461.JPG IMG_1462.JPG

Last edited:
What happened to the rubber stopper that is missing from the support rail?

Don’t know I have one in mine!

Installed these- was worried about the e-paper whine but when you tighten the screws it’s disappears - result!

Also put in the target decals!

Just waiting on KT sending the speaker lights!

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180421_7ad9eb3b21099a5482762a525020aeb4.jpg

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180421_63a49d86e918878055a11aa3bf7eed5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What happened to the rubber stopper that is missing from the support rail?

Don’t know I have one in mine!

Installed these- was worried about the e-paper whine but when you tighten the screws it’s disappears - result!

Also put in the target decals!

Just waiting on KT sending the speaker lights!

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180421_7ad9eb3b21099a5482762a525020aeb4.jpg

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180421_63a49d86e918878055a11aa3bf7eed5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Left the building now and on its way to TILT. Had a blast with this. You need to play well to get far on this game! If you play poorly you will be punished!! I only got to reactor 4 but it felt good. I'm hoping scott adds some mini wizard modes in for getting half way on the reactors. This is included in my list of notes to him. I don't think i'll ever near a reactor 9 destroy, not in this lifetime anyway ...

IMG_1521.JPG IMG_1524.JPG

I agree Jim, this game is all about good shots. it has no "cheap drains". If you lose the ball, its your fault!

Finally played it this morning (thanks Lee) nice! Still hankering on a lotr, GOTG le or other later in the year. Got too much to do right now with 2 toms, my WCS and a ton of mods for those I have.

what’s it like to replace a light bulb in these? presume they are multi-pin RGB or RGBW type bulbs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't seen TNA leds but they tend to be small boards with surface mount leds on most new machines, I would expect they'd be the same.

I'm hoping scott adds some mini wizard modes in for getting half way on the reactors. This is included in my list of notes to him
Be interested to know what comes of your feedback, as i'm aware you have a name credit on the game and really know your onions on this pinball designing stuff.

Last edited:
I saw it mentioned earlier in the thread that the game uses the P3-ROC board, but what drives this board (and the monitor)?

looks like a Raspberry pi type board with a large heatsink. see where the yellow cable goes on the backbox.

12-pinball-life-party-2017.jpg

Back
Top Bottom