What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TOTAL ANNIHILATION - (No AFM HERE)

No question this looks loads better than a Stern copy/paste job.

I really love the gameplay and the music, someone please sort out a UK distributor deal!

I asked phil a while ago about distributing this machine, he said the main hurdle was their machines not being CE ( or something similar ) approved?

I wouldn't think it's worth the time and effort to be a distributor as how many do you think you would actually sell the ce is a problem for a business as if it catches fire and burns someone house down you would be liable
Realistically you probably wouldn't sell more than 3 in the uk and shipping just 3 is expensive when my friend asked to buy one they where hopeless about shipping the it could have been so easy to just ship it to jjp but they refused point blank to ship to a competitor a nail in there coffin I think
After playing a rz several times I think most people would be bored out of there mind after 10 games
Must say the tech support side is second to none though

Even if CE, I wouldn't take this one (distributorship). Got enough going on (now we added American Pinball - Houdini), have to balance support etc with hours in the day!

If anyone brings that game in when its not CE certified to resell... they are nuts.

Even if CE, I wouldn't take this one (distributorship). Got enough going on (now we added American Pinball - Houdini), have to balance support etc with hours in the day!

If anyone brings that game in when its not CE certified to resell... they are nuts.
Great news re Houdini as that game is shaping up to be pretty good.

Why does not having CE matter if selling to non businesses i.e on here for example? Just curious as was thinking about TNA. I thought the main risk of not buying a game that doesn't have CE is customs?

if the person selling IS a business then without CE thats very stupid, think about those chinese hoverboards that burnt everyones houses down last xmas..... (the kind i fell off 3 weeks ago and still have backache!)

if a fire occurs and its NOT CE then its down to the person who sold it, not made it, whereas CE is down to the MFR not reseller.

No way would I touch a non CE marked game, nor would any other business unless they had nothing to lose like ltd with £1 assets and just didn't care.

Phil

I can see why you wouldn't touch a non CE game as just read you could get sued big time!

I think the main risk as a private individual is that if you own a non CE game and it was the cause of a fire, the insurance company would not pay out.

Guessing Spooky not currently doing CE as process probably a right pain to do.

Even as a small trader I wouldn't buy a spooky pinball to sell it only takes a pist customer and a clever solicitor and you are in the **** with massive legal costs and law suits on the other hand this I very unlikely to happen although they are people on this group willing to take legal action even on the odd seller

Spooky will have to embrace CE eventually as they grow if they ever want to export to Europe. I guess after leaving the EU the uk will probably still stick with CE? ( easier to?)

No CE marking isn't that big a deal I could even do that myself if needed and having had a look at Rob Zombie only one thing would need changing on it to make it CE.

CE itself though these days is a paperwork exercise - the Chinese flout CE continually and there is jack **** you can do about it - the CE goons don't give a ****.

But I'm not a pinball disty and frankly wouldn't want to be as its a hard job and a lot off running around for primadonna's like us lot!

I have a US address I can get this shipped to and then I can forward it myself.

If it goes wrong though it's just like having a Stern!

Cheers,
Neil

Well said and result on your address forwarding. Absence of CE marking is unlikely to affect your home insurance cover either. Never come across an insurance policy wording stating that in over 30 years, as I've said before, totally impractical to enforce. Anyone got that clause then I'd like to see it.

If it goes wrong though it's just like having a Stern!

Cheers,
Neil

Spooky have so far used the Pinheck system, which is open source, instead of paying £258 to SWAP a faulty Stern node board, you could order a new board for less than £100, or get one made yourself using the gerber files that they provide.

The Total Annihilation prototype was done with P-ROC boards, so not sure if the production one will be PinHeck or P-ROC, either way, you can just buy your own P-Roc boards if something went wrong

Even as a small trader I wouldn't buy a spooky pinball to sell it only takes a pist customer and a clever solicitor and you are in the **** with massive legal costs and law suits on the other hand this I very unlikely to happen although they are people on this group willing to take legal action even on the odd seller

Think we both know who you mean chris but probably unlikely however both he and his 'litigating mate' are capable of threatening to sue and also suing fellow forum members and others so who knows?

I was less worried about the boards, more the play fields, the cabinets and all the other fail that you get with a stern.

Looks great, although initially i thought "Star Galaxy"... :eek:

They've borrowed loads of cool bits from different era's, and i really like the style. Looks like a £4k game!

Looks great, although initially i thought "Star Galaxy"... :eek:

They've borrowed loads of cool bits from different era's, and i really like the style. Looks like a £4k game!

I thought so also but some things bump the price - real backglass and the laser side armour and seems like a lot of money is under the p/f.

It looks packed!!

55.jpg

From watching vids, this game looks like it might play like IM on steroids......which is a good thing:D

Ok, I'm trying to work out the cost of getting one of these over to England, and this is where I'm at so far. If I'm missing anything obvious I'd appreciate it if someone could point it out!

The game costs $5995, which is around £4535.

Or you could just ask Lloyd off ukvac to have one shipped to him and then pay him £395 to put it on his next container over here.

http://www.ukvac.com/forum/topic358541.html

From the link in Jonathan's above post (thanks for that - very useful) I gather that the £395 covers the shipping and the import duty up to the value of $1500. Therefore I would have to pay further duty of 20% of $4495, which is $900 or around £680.

Therefore, my limited understanding of the logistics of importing a game from the States gives me a figure of around £5610 to get the game to the UK - which given the price of a NIB Stern Pro doesn't actually seem too bad.

Am I missing anything here?

Strictly speaking it is more than that, I think.

£395 shipping. Say $500.

So total cost $6500 @1.30 = £5000

Then 20% Vat = £1000.

So, £6000.

Might be wrong but I couldn't believe they add VAT onto shipping!!

Therefore I would have to pay duty of 20% of $4495
20% is the VAT and Customs Duty will apply depending on its classification 5-9% typical.

Edit. I've just read that you pay VAT on the Customs Duty too!

Thanks, thought I may have been missing something as it seemed less than I expected. The info in the link Jonathan provided says...

'The fee covers you for a complete USA to me delivery for games upto a certain value - this is roughly $1500.00 USD - anything much over that will incur the difference in duty being paid - for example. If your game was $1700.00 you'd have to pay 20% on the UK equivalent of $200.00 (about £30 extra).'

Which is how I worked out the above. Is this info then missing customs duty?

Back
Top Bottom