What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top Trumps for Shine Charity

I’m in for a laugh! Not sure what someone’s gonna come up with for me!

I hope there aren't any disappointed people when they receive their packs. These aren't the funny ones that Matt Vince made for Flip Out London, these are real Top Trumps cards with proper IFPA stats. Wayne just got the idea from what Matt was doing.

I hope there aren't any disappointed people when they receive their packs. These aren't the funny ones that Matt Vince made for Flip Out London, these are real Top Trumps cards with proper IFPA stats. Wayne just got the idea from what Matt was doing.
Everyone I've asked for photos has been told they're not the ones Matt did.
I'm just waiting for 7 more people to send me their photos and nicknames then they go off to print.
So not a great deal of time if people change their minds and want it drop out.

The cards have now been created and sent for printing.

Apologies to those people who asked to be involved but didn't make the deck. There is only space for 30 people and preference was given to those people who responded first, and sent their photo and nickname in.

The people who did make the deck are:
1 Wayne Johns @Wayne J
2 Craig Pullen @roadshow16
3 Tim Thornton @yellowreggae
4 Nick Hamill @Nickoss II
5 Sam McCourt @Chief
6 Darren Ball @replicas
7 Terry Sullivan @Telboy
8 Paul Garner @Wizcat
9 Keith Burden @new forest pinball
10 Jack Burden
11 Courtney Blount @Courtney Blush
12 Paul Brookfield @PBrookfield
13 Shaun Harvey @Arv
14 John Bateson @Biff
15 Simon Harper @Replay
16 Dan Lewell @DanLewell
17 Matt Vince @Matt Vince
18 Nick Marshall @mufcmufc
19 Neil McRae @Neil McRae
20 Vin Jauhal @thelab
21 Steve Pagett @steve brum
22 Kate Rothwell-Jackson @Kate Rothwell-Jackson
23 John Higgins
24 Ailsa Clunie @ailsaclunie
25 Emma Oliver
26 Chris Edis @ronsplooter
27 Colin Clunie
28 Helmut Langenbruch @Helmut Langenbruch
29 Stan Simpson @bartron
30 Tim Porter @strobey

To pay you need to make a donation of £15 per deck to Matt's JustGiving Page https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/shed4shine
I have ordered 40 packs to allow for people to order more than 1 set (both my sisters want a set for their kids). Obviously preference will be given to those people in the deck, but there may be more available for others to buy a set.

I'm hoping that these will be delivered this week, so I may be able to deliver to the SW League meet, but they definitely should be ready for collection from NLP.

DISCLAIMER: While I've made every effort to ensure no typos and the data I've taken from the IFPA website is correct - if it's wrong, there's not much I can do about it now.

Great response so far, just 7 people who are in the deck left to pay (I won't publicly name and shame - yet), that will leave 4 decks for people to buy more than 1, or people not in the deck to buy a set anyway.

Worryingly, when I checked the order it said the package was 49.12 Kg:oops:, I don't remember them weighing so much when I was a kid.

Worryingly, when I checked the order it said the package was 49.12 Kg:oops:, I don't remember them weighing so much when I was a kid.
49.12kg / 40 / 30 = 40g card weight????

That would be a prodigious card thickness indeed, even if the cards were 200% oversize compared to normal, like these OS pokemon cards for example: https://www.chaoscards.co.uk/images...e-ex-jumbo-size-xy44-p118849-125486_image.jpg - for scale a standard trading card game card weight is below 2g.

I genuinely would query that order because calculating that weight as if it was four hundred decks gives a realistic 4g card weight, which is 'ultra thick' but a completely reasonable weight for custom novelty cards like this.

I genuinely would query that order because calculating that weight as if it was four hundred decks gives a realistic 4g card weight, which is 'ultra thick' but a completely reasonable weight for custom novelty cards like this.

Everything else is correct on the order - if they send 400 decks - that's their problem, only 40 have been paid for.

I think it more likely that the weight should have read 4.912 kg. Allowing for packaging, (plastic case per deck, as well as external packaging) that would be a much more realistic figure.

They've arrived.
I have to say they look fantastic.
I'll deliver to NLP, for anyone not going, I'm sure that there'll be someone who can collect for you.

Only 1 person left to pay, and then there are 4 additional packs to be purchased.153970789759963354563615186851.jpg

Back
Top Bottom