What's new

Tommy can you play me ?!! NEW CODE released v5.0 :D

Woooooooo - just got Pinball Wizard mode for the first time on 5.0 :D

The scoring balance on the game is just soooooooo much improved.

Besides the buffed mode scoring opportunities I'm loving how the end of ball Bonus is now potentially a major player in the game :D

End Of Ball Bonus

Original: Left Ramps are worth 100K. Right Ramps are worth 200K. Modes started throughout entire game are worth 600K. Multiplied by the Bonus Multiplier. This bonus and the multiplier are reset at the beginning of each ball.

Update: Left Ramps are worth 500K. Right Ramps are worth 1M. Modes started throughout entire game are worth 1.2M. Multiplied by the Bonus Multiplier. This bonus and the multiplier are reset at the beginning of each ball.

These changes to scoring may not seem that big a deal at first glance .... but the ramps are now worth 5x what they were, and the completed modes 2x . So a successful ball or 2 when you have hit 10+ ramps and nailed a few modes means that bonus can start adding up. And combine this with the extra ways in 5.0 of increasing the Bonus Multiplier - Ramp Skill Shot now increase multiplier, shots to captive ball during Holiday Camp now also increase multiplier, Mystery award 8x Multiplier - and the Bonus multiplier is starting to really come into its own. I have on quite a few occasions had a 100+ Mill bonus, the highest being 190 !!

Previously the bonus was tbh small change in the game . The Captive Ball which advances the multiplier is a risky shot and with little reward there was no incentive to go for it. That has all changed now with 5.0. A few small changes have really opened up this aspect of the game :clap:

I'm assuming that's been programmed in by Chad ?

Payment for testing his rom ... nice

Yep ! A nice surprise for me :cool:

Even better was finding this as one of the other default scores. Chad knew I had been involved raising money for cancer thru pinball - in memory of my late Dad , who used to love playing my machines, coming to pinshows etc.

Unknown to me he had done a little detective work, and decided to also put my Dads name ...Ed .....on the high scores as a little tribute to him. What a fantastic gesture. I have to admit I had a tear in my eye when he told me about this. There are some good guys in the pinball world :thumbs:

This one's for you Dad ! :)

IMG_0041.JPG

Big thanks to @Paul for sorting me out with some new ROMs. Got it installed last night and after a few tweaks this evening to get my Tommy playing nicely I've managed to have a few games. Really impressed with the updates, especially the bigger use of the blinders in multiball :D

Big thanks to @Paul for sorting me out with some new ROMs. Got it installed last night and after a few tweaks this evening to get my Tommy playing nicely I've managed to have a few games. Really impressed with the updates, especially the bigger use of the blinders in multiball :D

Glad they worked!! :D Cheers @ronsplooter !!!

Cheer to @Paul for the roms and @Sgt GrizZ for the hook up, I swear tommy plays so much better! Its weird, but it seems genuinely faster, I've never had air balls until now, the game flowed better, could this be the code or just a coincidence but normally Tommy feels slow compared to Tron (similar layout) but now its just as fast and I'd rank them dead equal side by side...

Cheer to @Paul for the roms and @Sgt GrizZ for the hook up, I swear tommy plays so much better! Its weird, but it seems genuinely faster, I've never had air balls until now, the game flowed better, could this be the code or just a coincidence but normally Tommy feels slow compared to Tron (similar layout) but now its just as fast and I'd rank them dead equal side by side...

Glad you're enjoying 5.0 :thumbs:

Can't really see how the code has changed 'flow' in any way tbh. Some of the modes are slightly extended time wise but beyond that....no. The major changes are in the score balancing.

Glad you're enjoying 5.0 :thumbs:

Can't really see how the code has changed 'flow' in any way tbh. Some of the modes are slightly extended time wise but beyond that....no. The major changes are in the score balancing.
I though as much, I probably just played it for longer and was seriously in the groove to the point that I questioned if the new code gave more power to the coils!

Had also moved to rose wine as out of red so will have to see if there is a correlation there with more, errr...'experimentation'?!:thumbs:

The code is on Chads website, or Paul and others to burn them
http://www.pinballcode.com/downloads/

Am envying you guys and cant wait for the Hook update - the conversation about the bugs and improvements on pinside is brilliant.

I though as much, I probably just played it for longer and was seriously in the groove to the point that I questioned if the new code gave more power to the coils!

Had also moved to rose wine as out of red so will have to see if there is a correlation there with more, errr...'experimentation'?!:thumbs:
I'm loving nailing the orbit shots now and sending the flashers into overdrive :-D

Just one of the cool little lighting tweaks.

Oh and careful with that rose, next thing you'll be on white wine spritzers... homeless, in the gutter.... It's a slippery slope ;-)

A poster something along those lines could be useful in Daventry, maybe also with basic instructions (press start once for one player, twice for two players etc)

That poster could be wilfully 'misunderstood' by some as "limit your play to one particular game" as an excuse for hogging

Back
Top Bottom