What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today I worked on......

Thanks to Neil McRae
Received the LED OCD Board today
Put it in. Haven’t got a clue how to configure it. Does anyone have the settings they use to hand so I can copy that?

Largely speaking defaults should be ok. Theres not a lot of effectual settings.

Dave - Can you tell it’s installed? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

New playfields in the cab now, underside done. Started building up the topside. Whole thing taking a while as only working on it a few hours a week when I have time. I thought this was a cpr playfield but it has a genuine Bally sticker on it so I guess it's not? Or do cpr get to put these stickers on as they're licensed to make them? No sign of CPR name on it anywhere....

20180527_163247.jpg20180527_162736.jpg

Started stripping The Getaway playfield over the weekend ready for a deep clean, rubbers, led's and some new plastics.

33807322_10160526662525472_6246016354109882368_n.jpg

Test fitted the playfield protector which looks really good. Waiting on a few more parts but hoping to have it finished over the next couple of weekends. :)

33965326_10160526655115472_8112497626420609024_n.jpg

For spiderman with LED's its a must have install. Purely for the dimmed lights that signal modes which is the one few times you can notice LEDOCD. If you don't do that you can't see progress. For all the other flash smoothing I struggle to see the difference.

A very small thing as none of my games really need any attention currently, but fitted this nice 3d printed Mount Doom replacement for the backpanel art to LOTR. Took 10 minutes to install and lights up via a small LED in the top. Big improvement over the art. Bought from Pinside, apparently the first in the UK!

MmLTpUL.jpg

Received this rotating light today from amazon US, it's to create a flame effect inside carved pumpkins for merikans.
20180614_153729.jpg

My use to Install it behind Hook topper and we have a moving flame effect, before/after pics below. Sh*t I'm getting in too deep here:cuckoo: but it does look good:rofl:
1528990789116.png

I have some friends round on 7th July for a weekend of footgolf, bbq, beer and pinball, so I wanted to get both pins up and as good as I could, that meant NF would need a good clean (I haven't fully stripped since getting it) re rubbering, which I now realise with NF, is slings and the outlane essentially, I have these on order from PH, as well as some other fun bits :p. The spinner is shoddy, a circle one with a printed out sticker of the skull, I have ordered a square one and the decal for that too. Anyway...

Ramps, like everything were filthy... out everything came.

IMG_6459.jpg

Came up good though with a bit of a clean.

IMG_6460.jpg
Under the ramps... well....
IMG_6447.jpg
IMG_6448.jpgIMG_6446.jpg

You get the idea... it was a bit of a mess. So with some serious elbow grease.

IMG_6451.jpg

I thought it came up a treat.

The skull also sounded like it was grinding its teeth when it spoke, so that came apart, complete clean down, including the solenoid internals, cotton bud WD40 onto the pivot of the jaw either side and put back together.

I always moan when I wax a playfield, but as I was in there, i redid the whole thing (it had been Novus'd too, so needed doing). Adjusted sling switches after them, the switches were green, yummy.

This is my favourite picture though I took once everything was going back on, love the yellow posts, although left them off the mountain as thought that would look odd.

IMG_6463.jpg

All back together and playing FAAAAASSST

Smashed this score out on it too, trust me when I say this game is playing fast. 6.5 incline but that Playfield is glass, outlane a nats nut off fully open (may well be actually)

6D024078-764B-49A6-B446-95AD4986EFF6.jpeg

Last edited:
It's alive! I finally finished the Xenon playfield swap started at the begining of May. It went well at first as I was off work but once back to work progress slowed to a crawl, and then the weather got really nice so my attention switched to cleaning, fixing and staining my decking. Anyway, it's all done now bar for a few rubbers as I ran out of the right size in white.20180711_124737.jpg20180711_124729.jpg20180711_124747.jpg20180711_124722.jpg20180711_124633.jpg

It's alive! I finally finished the Xenon playfield swap started at the begining of May. It went well at first as I was off work but once back to work progress slowed to a crawl, and then the weather got really nice so my attention switched to cleaning, fixing and staining my decking. Anyway, it's all done now bar for a few rubbers as I ran out of the right size in white.View attachment 67835View attachment 67836View attachment 67837View attachment 67838View attachment 67839

That looks beautiful ! Nice job

A busy afternoon and evening in the pinball workshop aka conservatory...
- Coin mech installed (now takes new £1 coins, when not in freeplay)
- Subway plastic cleaned (it was almost opaque black with soot/dirt)
- Fixed dodgy "Power shed" switch (CHAOS mode now works)
- Most of the bulbs have now been replaced with Noflix Plus LEDs on and under the playfield with the exception of the GI bulbs which require the removal of the surface plastics.
- Replaced one of the pillars by the raptor enclosure with a genuine part (previously someone had "fixed" it with just a regular bolt and a rubber sleeve).

Current issues:
- Some of the new LEDs aren't lighting at the back (the egg, raptor jackpot arrow, O & S). This is probably due to old rusty/corroded sockets. I'll try a bit of alcohol to clean first but I'll replace if need be, they aren't expensive.
- I miscalculated the number of LEDs as I wanted to tweak the suggested colours from PinballCentre and will need to order a couple more, particularly white wedge ones as useful for spares.
- The service switch has decided to play silly buggers and won't go into Audit/Adjustment mode only Diagnostics. I'll check it out when its daylight. It might just be dirty.
- Dot Matrix Display has a couple of flaky lines. I have some silver electrically conductive epoxy which I'll try to repair it with at some point but this isn't a priority.
- The End of Stroke (EOS) switch on the right flipper is broken causing irregular flipping. I'll need a replacement leaf switch.

pKi5lmH.jpg

I've just LED'd the playfield inserts on my Xenon. On the whole I'm pro LED but I don't usually see the need on older machines. However the inserts on the CPR playfield I fitted to this machine are really see through, you can clearly see all the bulbs through them which leads to all the colours being very pale. Anyway, I thought I'd try colour matching the inserts with comet LED's after buying and fitting the Siegecraft classic stern/bally LED adapters. Without these adapters LED's flicker like crazy on these old machines, from what I understand using these is basically the same as soldering a resistor to every lamp holder, just much easier. I'm very happy with the result ( probably annoyed @DRD though ;) )

20180727_161950.jpg20180729_155539.jpg20180804_225446.jpg

Put the cliffys on my D.I today.. was fiddly and hard work in 33 degree heat. But a big improvement in hitting the phone scoop and ball drops into the subway easily now
Good effort. I've not worked on my JP for almost 2 weeks because of this relentless heat!

Kudos for doing it over the weekend. I got my tools out to start taking off my Tron ramps, but was already sweating before I started so gave up before I'd even started. :(

So... tomorrow NF leaves and I pick up TWD, I said to the buyer if they pay for the flipper kit, I will rebuild, so I did...

Off to pick up the van and then one last flip... does anyone else feel sad when a pin goes?

62608256-7230-487D-A9D9-D086743FB9B5.jpeg

Its my first pin that’s mainly the reason I think - anyway all ready to go in the morning now...

I've just LED'd the playfield inserts on my Xenon. On the whole I'm pro LED but I don't usually see the need on older machines. However the inserts on the CPR playfield I fitted to this machine are really see through, you can clearly see all the bulbs through them which leads to all the colours being very pale. Anyway, I thought I'd try colour matching the inserts with comet LED's after buying and fitting the Siegecraft classic stern/bally LED adapters. Without these adapters LED's flicker like crazy on these old machines, from what I understand using these is basically the same as soldering a resistor to every lamp holder, just much easier. I'm very happy with the result ( probably annoyed @DRD though ;) )

View attachment 68824View attachment 68825View attachment 68826
Been looking for them for a bit now where did you buy them @kevlar

Been looking for them for a bit now where did you buy them @kevlar
Directly from Seigecraft Electronics Carl. I had trouble paying through the website, contacted them and they billed me directly through paypal. I got caught for import duty but worked out about £62 total. Depending on what machine you want to LED and how much of it you may also need the aux lamp driver board kit. I only wanted to LED the inserts though, not the GI or the backglass so the standard $45 kit was all I needed. They're very easy to fit.

62608256-7230-487d-a9d9-d086743fb9b5-jpeg.69002

James,

Is the used EoS switch an older high-current switching type, with large tungsten contacts and a 3rd tensioning blade? If so, that 's another possible mark against the seller

No they were the right ones - pretty sure factory originals :p

Back
Top Bottom