What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today I worked on......

Good luck :)

My first and only p/f swap took me between 30 -50 hours.

I put every screw into a numbered bag and photographed every single stage.

Even then, I still put a few bits back together wrong!
Thanks m8, I've been taking lots of photos. Luckily Xenon is pretty simple topside, not that many different types of posts etc. Even so I'm sure there's many headaches ahead.

Damn straight! I'm currently wondering how best to tackle it. Before starting this my plan was to undo everything, slide a piece of cardboard under it all, slide the cardboard over onto the new playfield and whip it out ...tada! simple...not! :rolleyes:. Should I cut/desolder the old ground wire and rewire with new? or is it possible to keep it all intact as in my initial plan?

Oh, and it's not just the GI uses this ground wire, it's the inserts too! :confused:
I’d do them in segments. So De-solder about five at a time, transfer them to the new playfield then do the next five etc.

Damn straight! I'm currently wondering how best to tackle it. Before starting this my plan was to undo everything, slide a piece of cardboard under it all, slide the cardboard over onto the new playfield and whip it out ...tada! simple...not! :rolleyes:. Should I cut/desolder the old ground wire and rewire with new? or is it possible to keep it all intact as in my initial plan?

Oh, and it's not just the GI uses this ground wire, it's the inserts too! :confused:
:) so glad I have finished that stage :thumbs:

Sounds about right to me because that what I did with the cardboard !
Cut the staples off and you should be fine !!

Aside from trying to figure out why the bank of 3 drop targets on my Tron sometimes gets stuck or doesn’t move (I didn’t work it out) I got around to chrome trimming two of my machines, although they both had new stainless rails on beforehand.

I’ll be listing a bunch of stuff for sale in the next month or two that includes these (stainless new lockbars and trim).

77C26226-C47C-4AED-82A2-DC508A93C769.jpeg 6A0D13C9-FD16-4884-A1E9-6D9A5212722C.jpeg

Incidentally the AFMr has a pin stadium in it, which is why it’s super bright.

Thanks m8, I've been taking lots of photos. Luckily Xenon is pretty simple topside, not that many different types of posts etc. Even so I'm sure there's many headaches ahead.

I'm sure that you will get everything back as it should be Kev but just in case I have a Xeeenon with pf out of cabinet, at the moment, so can take pics of top or underneath if needed ;)

I'm sure that you will get everything back as it should be Kev but just in case I have a Xeeenon with pf out of cabinet, at the moment, so can take pics of top or underneath if needed ;)
Thanks Steve, nice to know. I had a few hours on it yesterday and have unscrewed/unstapled about 80% of everything, nearly ready for the cardboard slide.

20180501_140725.jpg

Part 1 of the cardboard slide complete. Everything still roughly where it should be, now to slide across, do the tablecloth trick and hope for the best :)

20180502_145741.jpg

Last edited:
Part of the joy of owning them is giving them a clean and dust?! Plus they'll never get chance to be dusty!

Aside from trying to figure out why the bank of 3 drop targets on my Tron sometimes gets stuck or doesn’t move (I didn’t work it out) I got around to chrome trimming two of my machines, although they both had new stainless rails on beforehand.

I’ll be listing a bunch of stuff for sale in the next month or two that includes these (stainless new lockbars and trim).

View attachment 64326 View attachment 64327

Incidentally the AFMr has a pin stadium in it, which is why it’s super bright.
Looks nice.

Where can I get chrome trims/retrims from please? :) I'd like to treat my TZ too :)

Thanks muchly. Any preference or are they basically about the same?

EDIT: Are they particularly different to install? I've read that the side rails can require force to remove? (A hammer was pictured in one guide! :eek:)

Thanks muchly. Any preference or are they basically about the same?

EDIT: Are they particularly different to install? I've read that the side rails can require force to remove? (A hammer was pictured in one guide! :eek:)

I use a strong quality wallpaper scraper, sharp on one side, flat the other. Just work it in an move up. About half way it should just left off (1 or 2 screws front and rear) and double sided sticky tape. You can get rails off in one piece if worth saving although generally they’re being replaced because they’re shot.

I like chrome ones, some themes suit gold (which are more expensive) need matching to standard or wide lock bar.

Standard/usual are stainless steel.

D41F5816-CC1C-43FD-8483-2D6320704164.jpeg

Along with yesterday’s chrome trim came today’s mirror blades. I added pinball life’s gumball mod to the gumball machine too.

Mostly went ok, although I dropped a marble and didn’t see where it went, lodging in the fruit machine and Stopping balls get ejected for a while until I found it and fished it out.

Also ordered one of a very limited run from Dan at Tilt topper, a lovely new TZ topper with animated lcd.

74BB54FB-AC1E-4A18-B3EF-CAB201D1C8BA.jpeg
Here’s the TZ topper. Not the cheapest as it’s got a LCD display, but it beats my $30 effort :)

And the nicest I’ve seen, although there aren’t many out there.

Once they’re gone, they’re gone!

View attachment 64428

Along with yesterday’s chrome trim came today’s mirror blades. I added pinball life’s gumball mod to the gumball machine too.

Mostly went ok, although I dropped a marble and didn’t see where it went, lodging in the fruit machine and Stopping balls get ejected for a while until I found it and fished it out.

Also ordered one of a very limited run from Dan at Tilt topper, a lovely new TZ topper with animated lcd.

Are the trims polished chrome or just regular?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spent some time with WCS I recently got off eBay, the controlled lights weren’t working and were expertly solved by @pinsinthewild - who took my soldering iron for a walk. Thanks baz. Still got to clean it and put all new plastics in.

Put leds in my spidey along with a led ocd board, mirror blades and pin stadium to come maybe today. Looks great.

yeah I can see it on my laptop now but on the phone it was uncertain.

Cheers,
Neil.

Up early doors to finish off the Spider-Man I got recently. Ledded with comets, replaced all flashers, back glass trim in chrome, mirror blades, led ocd and then invisiglass on. Added a red flash on bumpers and mixed up the top of the table lighting. Also put better speakers in the back box and a thumb key.

136BFBB6-4F18-4D76-AB2A-A344DFBEC26B.jpeg

Also worked a bit on the WCS, until some tools arrive for the bloody rivets!

Also speaker lights and decals on SM and ordered a topper, that’ll be 2-3 weeks as it’s coming with the TZ. Worked out a space next to it with Iron Man and my TAF Is going in the line up with TZ, AFM and STNG.

Last edited:
Star Wars (DE) in a conservatory....
Got to 97 Fareinheit in there.
Some plastics had warped from its 5 years living in there.
Has now been relocated to the owners new basement room.

Star Wars (DE) in a conservatory....
Got to 97 Fareinheit in there.
Some plastics had warped from its 5 years living in there.
Has now been relocated to the owners new basement room.

Happened to me a few years back with a couple if my pins, I didn't realise how blustering hot it got. Going to pull the thing down and get an aircon in a new orangey :)

Back
Top Bottom