What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Time Machine £750

JWG9999

Site Supporter
Alias
John Gardiner
I'm getting pin-restless. I've had this 9 years and loved it to bits but it's time for a change. Not sure if I can face ebay but if this suits someone here then that would be great.

It's fully working and has been pretty reliable for me.

Cab is solid. The black has been touched up with acrylic, especially around the back box, and in harsh light it shows - I've taken one photo with the pin dragged into bright sunlight to show this - but in "normal" games room lighting it's a smart pin. It's had new chrome legs at some point which helps:

Backglass has a patch of paint rubbed off in the centre just below the displays:

And it has some small damage to plastics towards top centre of the playfield:

Even so, it looks good. It's fully working, it's great fun and it plays fast. Maybe a bit too fast, I tend to get air balls off the centre ramp which (I've read) is normal for this pin, plus occasionally the left ramp doesn't register (even though I put a new switch in) - I think the ball just flies over the top of the switch:

More photos:

79803 79804798057980679807798097980879810

Cons:

Acrylic touch-ups to cab
Small damage to plastics
Mark on backglass
Air balls off ramps

Pros:

Actually very bright and smart for an older pin.
Strong flippers, plays fast.
Fully working including super-loud knocker and chime box, and bright displays (I put a new board in when I got the pin).
It's all LED'd
Comes with a full manual, a real one with proper pull-out full-sized circuit diagrams.

Finally:

This is an old pin - if you're a newbie tempted by this then bear in mind it'll need work sometimes, and it may not like being moved either.

It's got a German rom installed - the only effect is when you change the batteries the pin initially boots in German. It's a simple user setting to switch it to English.

Located 10 miles north of Plymouth.

You weren't joking about the flipper strength, are you sure those are the correct coils? ball is rocketing around, especially off the right flipper.

A great game at a great price.
This would look good next to my Laser war but unfortunately not the time for me to be buying a pin.

I get plenty of airballs too and my Laser war has Data east coils in it.

Nice! I'm pin spent out for a while otherwise I'd have been really tempted! Good luck with the sale!

Back
Top Bottom