What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tilt

Another downside is the better people get, the less money the machines take.......

Will be going as soon as Aerosmith is there.

I have the feeling this game will be top earner for a while!

I'm going again this Saturday - let me know if u r there and you can spend a couple of hours beating me at pinball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the music pins that have been in there before have never been great earners
Will be interesting to see. New screen is really good.
Toy box is a great toy.
And most people in US who play it seem to enjoy it .
Looking forward to put my money into it;)

May I say thank you to Tilt.

I flogged my wpt via Gumtree yesterday to a first time Pinball buyer.

He had been playing the games in Tilt and that catalysed his interest in owning one.

Old thread but I'm going again next week, which is a 5 hour trip for me so the beer and pins make it worth it. I am a craft beer ****** so trying all the beers plus losing too much money on the games is something I look forward to.

I must be the ideal customer, if only I lived closer, crap at pinball but can't stop playing it and can drink an awful lot. I too would be interested in a TILT glass. Regarding beer costs, that's just how much these beers cost, maybe it's not a terrible idea to carry some cheaper lager bottles, even if it's just BrewDog. I certainly wouldn't want a tap to be wasted on Carling or whatever.

I don't even drink beer and was pointed at the most inoffensive beer in the list when asked which one a wuss would be able to withstand easiest - I felt that I was being a spoilsport not partaking when such a range was available.

I thought it was worth the cash! If beer is your thing, not sure why you'd have complaints for craft beer in the middle of Birmingham!

IMG_0195.JPG IMG_0196.JPGJust got highest score of the day on Dialed In at Tilt. Happy with that being only my fourth game.

It’s disgusting. Work in Birmingham and haven’t made it to tilt yet. Will see if I can drag the team over for a night sometime soon!

Just spent the weekend in Birmingham and managed to spend an hour and a half at Tilt (With the wife who doesn't and never has played pinball :eek:)
Got there around 3.30pm and it was quite packed, but still managed to get straight on a game.

Played AS, DI and the Hobbit. Hoped to play GOT as well but had to leave.

AS, seemed good but couldn't hear any of the music/call outs so didn't really appreciate it. Had good flow though. The owners may want to check the settings as put a £1 in and got 4 games.
DI, had a few games and quite enjoyed it even if I didn't know what was going on. Got on the today's high score for 1 & 3
The Hobbit,didn't really gel with it even though I seemed to have a few good game. Seemed to have muliball after multiball. Just seems to be a Huge open playfield with everything located around the edges.

Didn't play Star Wars as I have one but wanted to try the pro. One thing I would comment on though following the comments at the recent event in Manchester is that most of the other machines seemed to have more attention than DI. Only saw 3 people on it for a quick go the whole time I was in there. I would expect themed machines grab the attention of non pinheads over gameplay and rules. Saying that though MM seemed to be being played the whole time. Would be interesting to see the audits from the machines at Tilt or a leader board for which games get played most.

Will look out for a DI or AS in a few years on the 2nd hand market to try in a home environment.

I turned the daily scores off my DI, gets annoying having to put your name in so iften. I can see it being good for a sited machine though.

Me and my boy visited tilt for the first time tonight
Its only a 15 min train ride from where i live so now i know its there we will be visiting a lot more often

Sadly Cant say that we enjoyed the newer pins as much as the older stuff
I was dissapointed with gb and i wanted to like it
Only complaint
Would be that the volume is set too low
On most of the machines which kind of spoils the experience a bit

We are both noobs though played a lot at shows and arcade club but no real pinball skills
Which may make a difference with the newer machines deeper rulesets

Last edited:
GB is an aqcuired taste in my view - I hated it when I first played it but after persevering with it - I love it too 5!

Neil

I had around six or seven plays on it but i am planning on going back next week
I will give it a few more plays
Nice looking machine and the theme is awesome

The pins there are proberbly in the best condition that i have played on site in the uk nice to have everything working

Going to the electic circus for the first time this weekend
Love me some system 11

Last edited:
I've only been there once and couldn't hear the machines which kills it for me too, I guess it's a coffee shop first and foremost so a balancing act. It wouldn't hurt to ask them to turn them up slightly, they can only say no. GB has fantastic sound, playing it without is pointless to me.

To be honest this applies to most shows, meets & bars where 2 or more games are running in close proximity with competing audio. It’s a double-edged sword.

They say, if we turn one up, we'll have to turn another up, so it won't make any difference, there will just be a massive noise with no clearly distinguishable sounds!

Back
Top Bottom