What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tilt

R

robertlucas1970

Anybody know if it's open today ? Sunday
Website says 10am, been hanging around for over a hour and still all locked up.
Many Thanks

I was just about to go home and somebody come to open it up at 12, so time on the website just needs to be updated.
Apart from that I had a nice cup of coffee, a bit of cake and sunk £30 into the pins.
Was good to play some that I have never played before such as Spiderman, game never seemed to last long, so dont think that one is for me.
Out of all the pins I like Monster Bash, Scared Stiff and Addams the best, will go there again now that I have worked out how to find the place.

Spent a happy afternoon in TILT on Saturday. All the machines I played were in good order and played well. Chap at the bar asked me to report any issues but I found none.
Played fishtales for old times sake. It's faster than I remember from the 90s but maybe I'm getting slower.
Played TAF for old, old times sake. I was a bit ****ed with all the beer by that point so the scores were a bit low.
Spent some time on Walking Dead. Wow, now I understand first hand what the excitement is about. This is a great machine - fast and hard (insert double entendre here) - you could play for hours on this one. The rule set looks deep.

Last point - my brother had a ****e game on TAF and still beat me cos he found (I think) cousin It's gold chain and got 25 million for it. I've played TAF many many times and not seen this - what's the deal there? Neither of us knew how he got it?
Beer was £5 a pint. Holy sh#t !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cousin It's gold chain and got 25 million for it. I've played TAF many many times and not seen this

It's running the Addams Family Gold ROMs rather than the standard ones. They introduced the Cousin It awards like the gold chain which give different amounts of points.

When that particular machine left my ownership it was definitely not running Gold roms! Not a fan. There's a thread about that elsewhere.

You should come down to (San Fran) Brighton ....I dream of £5 a pint .....now when they say how much it is I just put my fingers in my ears .... 'Lalalalalalalalalalal I can't hear you' and wave contactless in direction of the till :D

£3.45 for a pint of Stowford Press in my nearest nice town pub (not a Wetherspoons), and £3.85 in my nicest local. That price is pushing regulars down the road to the less-nice pub that has Shropshire Gold at £3.65 a pint.

Time to move @Sgt GrizZ ;)

£3.45 for a pint of Stowford Press in my nearest nice town pub (not a Wetherspoons), and £3.85 in my nicest local. That price is pushing regulars down the road to the less-nice pub that has Shropshire Gold at £3.65 a pint.

Time to move @Sgt GrizZ ;)
And leave the beach and the sunshine? Never! [emoji4]

TZ, never had a chance to play that yet!

And Aerosmith at Tilt at the same time as Metallica's at The Flapper, they'll complement each other nicely :)

Tilt is and always will be a craft beer driven business.

We sell pints from £4.50 to £25, just like wine and whiskey you pay for what you get.

You so happens I also like pinball, but pinball is not a business that could or ever be self sustaining.

So before you moan and try to bring down my business understand that craft beers pays to 18k rent 22k rates 70k in wages and so on.

By all means find another venue in the U.K. With the vast amount of pinball to play, but we all know that's not going to happen

We sell pints from £4.50 to £25, just like wine and whiskey you pay for what you get.

You so happens I also like pinball, but pinball is not a business that could or ever be self sustaining.

So before you moan and try to bring down my business understand that craft beers pays to 18k rent 22k rates 70k in wages and so on.

By all means find another venue in the U.K. With the vast amount of pinball to play, but we all know that's not going to happen

Your beer is excellent. Just looking at the menu was a joy. Me and my bro had a conversation about your possible overheads - it's a great location which will cost you. If paying for it means it keeps going you can rely on me.
You're staff are relaxed and friendly. Bit disappointed that my post led to a bit of negativity - cos EVERYONE should get down to TILT - a very cool place :)

By the way, next time I come you will need to sell me a TILT glass - how much are they ?

Yep. Down here in Brighton craft beer has exploded in all pubs. Never had it so good for beers, but yes quality costs. Most tend to be on the stronger side so it actually evens out as on a session there is no way I'm drinking that many 6.5% pints :)

10 years ago I used to come back from trips to the US raving about the craft beer scene, and we seem to have caught up now over here. I personally can't go back to pints of weak warm watery twig and fox based ale ... no matter how cheap it is.

Yep. Down here in Brighton craft beer has exploded in all pubs. Never had it so good for beers, but yes quality costs. Most tend to be on the stronger side so it actually evens out as on a session there is no way I'm drinking that many 6.5% pints :)

10 years ago I used to come back from trips to the US raving about the craft beer scene, and we seem to have caught up now over here. I personally can't go back to pints of weak warm watery twig and fox based ale ... no matter how cheap it is.

Not just the pubs either.... http://www.investopedia.com/news/uks-tesco-craft-beer-threatens-heineken/

Bit disappointed that my post led to a bit of negativity

I don't think it did. Maybe slightly off topic, but it was just a discussion of countrywide beer prices, not aimed at tilt in particular, and definitely not meant to 'bring down a business' :rolleyes:

tilt is excellent - love the place - but wow 100K in costs!!! at 5 quid a pint and say 50'% margin (unlikely?) 110 pints a day!!! to barely break even? i'm going to drink more next time I'm there! :)

Craft beer + Pinball = Winning.

I'm gonna have to get up to Birmingham to stay and play over a weekend. Just need to see if the missus wants to join me, unlikely but I gotta ask!

Cheers!

Vin

People need to understand the price of beer is that price for a reason. Don't forget the government takes 20% of every beer you sell and with whats left has to pay for the product itself, rent, rates, staff, insurance, electricity etc etc etc....

To put it into comparison, down here in London my beers (including the few craft beers I sell) range from £4.20 - £4.95 and I am the cheapest place in the area by far. As for Tilts cost, in comparison my rent is £38k + rates £18k + Staff £192k + Gas/Elec £20k. On top of that, stock, insurance, cleaners, health and safety, gas certification and checking, god knows how may licences a year just to trade. The list goes on........and this is with only one pinball on site. If all people desire is cheap beer, go to Tesco and drink it at home alone.

As mentioned before I have trying to get another venue down here for two years now the the costs are prohibitive.

Hats off to the Tilt guys for setting up in the first place. I've done it and it's fecking hard. Hope to get up there soon.

I thought before the VAT man took his slice there was 45.6p of every pint going to the government. They should axe it imho and give pubs etc a chance.

Get the feeling Tilt gets moaned at for its beer prices a lot. I'm not a beer guy, more for coffee - and my ability to experiment with craft beer is hampered by my drive into Birmingham - but Tilt does quality tea and coffee as well, so all covered there

Maybe people expect dingy cheap beer from an 'arcade' - which doesn't fit Tilt in the slightest?

Either way, go to Tilt. It's ace.

Reactions: JT.
Not really a beer drinker. Their bourbon tastes better than Jack.
I did wonder how sustainable tilt will be. I'm getting used to having it 25 minutes away by car. Would be a shame to see it go. It's not like there are too many places to play such verity.

Back
Top Bottom