What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Theme or game play?

I think gameplay has a lot to do with it but for me it has to be nice to look at aswell,inc good art work and nice playfield.I know some people like certain eras like 60s or seventies but i find them boring.I personelly only go for pins from 1991 onward.I think addams family is well over rated and priced and although a good game i dont like the walking dead one.Bit too gory for me and not enough colour.

I think gameplay has a lot to do with it but for me it has to be nice to look at aswell,inc good art work and nice playfield.I know some people like certain eras like 60s or seventies but i find them boring.I personelly only go for pins from 1991 onward.I think addams family is well over rated and priced and although a good game i dont like the walking dead one.Bit too gory for me and not enough colour.

TAF and TWD are good polar opposites in my book.
TAF is great for nostalgia, very approachable with easy to grasp rules and relatively simplistic gameplay by modern standards. Good for the casual player. I sold my lovely condition machine as it was there as a trophy, with everyone else except me playing it.
TWD is not very approachable thanks to the brutal nature of the gameplay, a few cheap tricks on drains (one for the nudgers) can be really frustrating, but it's a fantastic game with hidden depths, great audio & dots. I sold an LE, but i'd like a Pro to replace it. one day. I hate the theme though.

Back
Top Bottom