What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "What is this part/Where is this from" Thread..

Indeed Ian.
1st test game and ball heads for the right, bat ted it away and a piece of plastic from the flipper scored a six...
These flippers only go to horizontal. I will put this on tech help thread.

hi all,

i've been working on a zaccaria shooting the rapids for about 4 months now and have almost brought it back to life. I'm now down to the last few things and they're all pcb repair work. i know what i need but i dont know what the parts are called! trying to find something on farnell or rscomponents without a name is a bit heavy :D

so, can any of you good folk tell me what they call these display ribbon cable pcb terminals? the ones i'm replacing have 19 pins but thats not too much of an issue. it looks like just a standard display ribbon connector wire to pcb.

here's two pics of what i need:
s10.postimg.org_53qw41sl1_IMAG1824.jpg
s10.postimg.org_iagc3koad_IMAG1823.jpg

and a link to what i can replace it with (the blue connector):
s10.postimg.org_unt6ahdyt_IMAG1825.jpg

Any help or a link to it on rscomponents site would be a big help :)

And another pic just for the crack:
s29.postimg.org_vtpbgwd9f_IMAG1826.jpg

thanks!

that's the one, Paul, thanks...see...ive spent about 2 hours trying to find this! this sounds like a really dumb question but what did you serach for to find that?

and just like that there it is...unbelievable. i reckon if i knew the proper words for what i was looking for i could have shaved 1 month off this resurrection :D thanks!

What are these off and which plastics are the none sling ones. Outlanes maybe

Thx in adavance ColBD71CBD1-8855-44A7-AEFA-A4940883ADEA.jpeg

Found this in my Star Trek pro cab the other day and can't see where it came from. Also everything works fine. I know I've seen one of these before but can't think where. Anyone?

a.jpg

Thanks Andy, I'll check that now. What are the consequences of not having that fitted? I understand EOS not working correctly on modern machines doesn't lead to burnt out coils? or does it?

Ha! in this case the EOS actuator being broken off really did make zero difference, it's off the upper flipper and there is no EOS switch to actuate! :D

b.jpg

@Sgt GrizZ So the 3 square ones go in front of the drops that block Itchy & Scratchy.

The circular one looks like a covering for this portion of the playfield but I have no idea why, seems out of place. But clearly it's the back of this ladies hair and the base of the Jebediah Springfield statue.

@Sgt GrizZ So the 3 square ones go in front of the drops that block Itchy & Scratchy.

The circular one looks like a covering for this portion of the playfield but I have no idea why, seems out of place. But clearly it's the back of this ladies hair and the base of the Jebediah Springfield statue.

View attachment 85656
Cool. Well spotted. Yes that's a weird place

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

View attachment 85656
Oh.... did some TSPP have option of a center post?? [emoji848] This would cover the unused hole maybe. Not sure positioning is right - just a wild guess

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom