What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

I did tone it down LOL.

Sorry when you look at that supposed to be a Roadshow it looks like it was crushed by a skip, the proportions are all out. If it provides enjoyment then good but looking at it doesn't make me excited! Not meant to cause offence just state my view.

I did tone it down LOL.

Sorry when you look at that supposed to be a Roadshow it looks like it was crushed by a skip, the proportions are all out. If it provides enjoyment then good but looking at it doesn't make me excited! Not meant to cause offence just state my view.

For me it was a choice of that or playing on a standard monitor (or nothing of course). I cant play on a monitor any more, not after playing a few tables in VR so it is just a matter of the best i can do with the room and the funds i have.

That said....... i am new to visual pinball however as i suspected and the screenshot a few posts above this confirm, the aspect ratio is not quite right. i think the tables are all fully 3D modeled so it may be i can change the aspect ratio on it a bit to make it look more 3D and better proportioned.

For me it was a choice of that or playing on a standard monitor (or nothing of course). I cant play on a monitor any more, not after playing a few tables in VR so it is just a matter of the best i can do with the room and the funds i have.

That said....... i am new to visual pinball however as i suspected and the screenshot a few posts above this confirm, the aspect ratio is not quite right. i think the tables are all fully 3D modeled so it may be i can change the aspect ratio on it a bit to make it look more 3D and better proportioned.

Bigmike, I recommend trying this:

https://datastudio.google.com/u/0/reporting/13ua5g7jmoyHovP4hrqk48HBYGeQbpJ1Z/page/55yX

It's a database of all the VP tables that have been released. Each table has links to B2s files, rom files, and for those that have it available, POV files, which I believe (I don't have a cabinet) are set up files to get each table looking as good as possible full screen.

Everything you need for each table you want to add, all in one place :)

As for the other discussion - you have to bear in mind that a lot of people don't have the space and / or money to have a collection of great pinball tables. I doubt many, if any, people think that virtual pinball is as good as the real thing. I have 2 pinball tables, but I have to keep them at work. Luckily I'm self employed, so this is an option for me. But, I live in a small flat. I might have space for one of them at home, at a push, but it would likely be too noisy and annoy the neighbours too much, so I don't get to play at home in the evenings or at weekends, which is annoying for sure.

I would like to get a virtual cabinet at some point, as this would be quieter, and offers a wider range of tables to play. Yes, I know, they're not as good as the real thing, but for a lot of us the options are either playing slightly substandard versions, or not playing them at all. Getting to play them virtually, to some of us, is better than not being able to play them at all :)

There are a multitude of different visual settings to play with to make it look more realistic. Filling the whole screen looks neater, but to give it depth you need to 'tilt' it. Find a table that looks good and make a note of the settings, Terminator 2 for example.You can then apply these to your other tables.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/

http://www.monsterbashpincab.com/download-page/tables-vpx/

453ece83ae48960e7e9608ab242792e8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I didn’t like that virtual pin either dood! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A replacement trap door with attached flap for Dialed in from Jjp ( if anyone else's breaks ask Phil, apparently he has been sent a batch)

IMG_20181218_125528216.jpg

A coloured gel tree for IMDN ( thanks @Sutol)

IMG_20181218_125553853.jpg

Some quiet replacement spike fans ( thanks @Neil McRae)

IMG_20181218_125702364.jpg

And some caps to fix my BK Monolith sub

IMG_20181218_125613973.jpg

Come on how good is it?
@James - it is one awesome game - especially when you get all 6 multiballs going at the same time. The wizard modes are really tough to get. Months and years of fun. I really like it. Very pleased. Not played anything else in my line up since I got it.
I'm sure I'll go off it a bit - it is just new and exciting still.

@James - it is one awesome game - especially when you get all 6 multiballs going at the same time. The wizard modes are really tough to get. Months and years of fun. I really like it. Very pleased. Not played anything else in my line up since I got it.
I'm sure I'll go off it a bit - it is just new and exciting still.

You say that.. every time I play my collection TWD has the first and final word - some games just click. It’s great that the NIB leap of faith worked out. I remember getting my first new car. It was incredible. So getting a new pinball machine! Wow...

Well coming tomorrow to be fair

Martin bringing this beauty .

Never even played one . What should I expect ? Who are the boob watch fans on here?

View attachment 76362

Fantastic game - the theme may divide folk, but people are beginning to realise what a solid player this is. Fantastic unique playfield layout, soooooo many shots, seriously entertaining and challenging modes, looks great, the dots are just epic.

Highly recommend installing Chads revised code ......a lot of great tweaks and serious game changing stuff - like getting rid of the always ready multiball, the Shark awards now work properly etc

Did you do a build log? Would be great to see.

I didn't mate no. I had planned to video the whole process for my Youtube but was so keen to get it done quickly I decided not to bother. I will do a vid with an overview of the cab and how I built it and where I got all the stuff for it from soon though

Very nice and looks a lot tidier than my self built setup. I could not do without trackball support myself however . Fab work tho.

Thanks dude. The art came from a really good supplier, really pops in person. Trackball isn't something I really need tbh, it'll be mainly a fighting cab, maybe one or two shmups as well ?

Back
Top Bottom