What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

IMG_6929.jpg

WIll be needing this

IMG_6928.jpg

Went to a boot sale - picked this up for £10 - happy with that will put polishing disc on it.

Today I received a very special item from Phil at Pinball Heaven................

Holy smoke Batman :D :clap:

BE08DABC-F90B-4C6C-8E14-A37C3BCBFC67.jpeg
7B5FE400-5942-4D51-81B4-684E2A50B996.jpeg

It’s totally awesome, said goodbye to the yellow brick road to get it but totally the right thing to do. I think the license is coming to an end so if you’re considering it get in there before it’s too late you will not be disappointed . Fantastic sounds and flow and the video clips are epic :clap:

Thanks Phil

Thanks to @ronsplooter for letting this baby go. It is a weird Bally-Williams hybrid, launched the year after Williams acquired Bally.

The boardset is System 11, but you can see some Bally bits in it like the slingshot mechs, the weird head design, the pop bumpers ....

A relatively rare game with only 859 produced. Folk are now producing some spares for it, otherwise I would not have risked buying a low volume title like this.

Never used before in the UK Pinball league, but it will be on parade in January for the meeting here.

IMG_20180916_1635454.jpg
IMG_20180916_1636017.jpgIMG_20180916_1636080.jpg

If anyone is passing my place on the A1 they are welcome to give her a go.

Transporter is a pretty standard system 11. Hit the 6 drops to lock a ball. Then again for ball 2. Hit the transporter shot for the multiball. The jackpot grows the more games are played before scoring it.

No modes, so like all the system 11s before Whirlwind (?) the gameplay is therefore limited.

Besides some of the best System 11 artwork, what makes it special for me is the Transporter ramp, which is a bit like the side flipper on roller games, but along a special elevated ramp into a bowl. The cleaner you hit it, the more rotations in the bowl and that builds towards a million, timed, standup shot after you hear "beam me up Bally!"

The big points in this game are therefore multiballs and the transporter shot

There is a sneaky hidden skill shot, but it is like scared stiff (spider shot from plunge) where you can just keep going until you hit it. A bit daft

Kickback and a very cleverly designed centre post. You can let the ball run down the inlane, it hits the post and jumps onto the other flipper !

It also has fabulous sounds. The starting sequence is as good as it gets. Mixing morse code for S-O-S with computer voices that really suit the outer space theme.

IMHO the game is far, far better than its production figures suggest. Not as good as Whirly or ES to play but up there with the B list system 11s

Until I played Chris's game, the last time I had seen one of these in the flesh was in 1990 in a London University Hall of Residence. The bar where it lived had an (unused) tampon stuck to the ceiling, along with a load of other detritus. Those London School of Economics folk actually made the nerdiest of Pinball geeks look cool.

Last edited:
3D64F185-C895-4455-9C6F-D9385F380B56.jpeg

Quite a bit all pinball related today - got the clear water decal slide paper arrive today along with some UV activated resin and a UV light and a pack of pipettes to drop it in with - going to try some tests and see how clear and hard it sets but have heard good things on Pinside for it so here is hoping.

A shaker motor for TWD - very happy about that. Will install later. I hear like go fast stripes make your car faster (every XR3i had ‘em - (so my dad told me) so must be true) I hear this will improve my playing ability :,)

Lastly a thermostatic heater for the summer house - aiming for a constant 12 over the winter...

Looks a great game @DRD. Really surprised it didn't get a longer run. I love system 11 games. Just good solid fun
Does rarity equal price in this case or is it on the cheaper end of the s11 games?

If a decent condition B-Lister like F14 is 1200 and A-listers like Earthshaker and Whirly are 1500 plus, I guess that Transporter is towards the upper end of this. The art, theme and sounds are well above average for a System 11. The previous owner had done a full strip down, flame polish, rebuilt flippers, xpin led alpha numeric displays ....

Being rare does not automatically mean that a game is valuable. Some rare games were crap (Beat the Clock), others were too expensive to manufacture (Banzai). Beat the Clock is really rare (500 made versus 3500 plus for many SS Ballys) but nice examples change hands for less than B-listers like Paragon and Medusa etc.

If a decent condition B-Lister like F14 is 1200 and A-listers like Earthshaker and Whirly are 1500 plus, I guess that Transporter is towards the upper end of this. The art, theme and sounds are well above average for a System 11. The previous owner had done a full strip down, flame polish, rebuilt flippers, xpin led alpha numeric displays ....

Being rare does not automatically mean that a game is valuable. Some rare games were crap (Beat the Clock), others were too expensive to manufacture (Banzai). Beat the Clock is really rare (500 made versus 3500 plus for many SS Ballys) but nice examples change hands for less than B-listers like Paragon and Medusa etc.
I think a few might disagree with your thoughts on A list and B list games.
They are highish on the system 11 list, but A list games ???

Today I received a very special item from Phil at Pinball Heaven................

Holy smoke Batman :D :clap:

View attachment 70893
View attachment 70892

It’s totally awesome, said goodbye to the yellow brick road to get it but totally the right thing to do. I think the license is coming to an end so if you’re considering it get in there before it’s too late you will not be disappointed . Fantastic sounds and flow and the video clips are epic :clap:

Thanks Phil

Congrats! Epic game one of Sterns best and much more still to come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks to a very kind person on this group (you know who you are) I was put in touch with someone selling this beautiful Stargate. So far it has only got as far as my garage. At 300 lbs it’s quite a challenge to move. I arrived home with it in the van and my wife appeared to be hiding. For someone who goes to the gym 5 times a week and is a former international squash player she pretends to be very weak when Pinball’s are around. Luckily our village is popular with ramblers and a I stopped a passing group and made them lift it out of the waggon for me. ‘Oh look it’s a space invaders machine’ one of them shouted. Anyway they did a good job and my team of strongmen arrive tomorrow to do the rest...getting it in to the basement.7AA90053-4877-4461-8B0A-E1865F228669.jpeg

Awesome, glad you were able to get it! What sort of shape is it in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
It looks absolutely mint (bear in mind that’s a novice’s opinion). Everything works perfectly, cosmetically it is fantastic, previous owner had bought lots of new parts including the expensive rope light. It still has Martin Ayub as the high score from when it was use during for a local meet. I’m going to post some photos of the malarkey of getting in to the gamesroom in a separate thread. Very very grateful for the lead.

Thanks to @ronsplooter for letting this baby go. It is a weird Bally-Williams hybrid, launched the year after Williams acquired Bally.

The boardset is System 11, but you can see some Bally bits in it like the slingshot mechs, the weird head design, the pop bumpers ....

A relatively rare game with only 859 produced. Folk are now producing some spares for it, otherwise I would not have risked buying a low volume title like this.

Never used before in the UK Pinball league, but it will be on parade in January for the meeting here.

View attachment 70983

Nice buy David, surprised Chris let it go after the 'voyage' to get hold.... I shout dibs !! :D:D

Some decent Allen keys. My plumber uses these. Specially profiled heads to give extra torque. About £25 a set. Imperial on the right

20181011_180125.jpg

Despite the slightly misshaped box, this arrived today!
35e790b5dc69176ff22683c156c3a5e3.jpg

Make sure it’s set to 220V it’s on the part of the PSU facing the back of the machine - use your phone to take a picture :)

Yeah too l late. I did think about it but then forgot and just turned it on. I assume since it didn't go pop it's ok?

Back
Top Bottom