What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

Bit late posting this as it was last week and some of you will already be aware that I managed to get my hands on my grail last week. I'm so made up with it!

I was so excited I could barely sleep the night before collection day, I always get anxious before picking up machines as you never know what to expect, however I'd soon discover that any worrying was all in vein.

We had agreed to meet at @chris b 's place at 11am so I set off at 8am as it was approximately 2.5 hours from me (hopefully leaving enough time for a coffee and sausage & egg mcmuffin) ;)

On arrival Chris was waiting to greet me in his workshop, the machine was switched on and I was told to play as many games as I liked not only on the Tron but also the other games in his collection. Chris gave me a quick tour of his workshop showing me a few of the projects that he was working on for people.

I think it has been said before that Chris undersells his machines and I would have to agree, the Tron was much nicer in person. There had been a reset issue mentioned in the for sale thread however Chris had sorted this out for me for me which turned out to be a dry solder joint, he also threw in two sets of brand new pinballs, some apron cards and a new lock for the coin door :thumbs:

Once I said I was happy Chris packed up the machine and loaded it into my car for me, I paid him the cash and drove away a very happy boy. An absolute pleasure and I hope to deal with him again in the future.

Thank you Chris!

imageshack.com_a_img923_3347_k67hsM.jpg

I've never felt so conflicted in my life. So happy that the parts have finally arrived, and so sad that i've got to give money to HMCE in order to get them.

Ahhh well, at least the rebuild can continue now :)

Back
Top Bottom