What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Shadow Shop Log

ronsplooter

Site Supporter
Alias
Chris
After just finishing my STTNG shop out I wasn't going to start on TS for a while but it was a choice between doing some gardening or breaking down TS.....and I'm not much of a gardener
biggrin-1.png

It's been shopped by Phil at PH at some point in it's life so it's in pretty good nick already. Just needs a good clean, one broken plastic replacing and maybe a load of Sir Squires LED's (really pleased with how these look in STTNG). I'm also thinking about getting the wireforms re-plated in brass and the gun re-chromed....has anyone ever had this done before and can give me the names of some recommended places and an idea of cost?

Initial pics of the teardown to follow.....

Pf strip down is complete, already pretty clean and in good nick without me touching it. Some pics......

[attachment=1311:IMG_1154.jpg]

[attachment=1312:IMG_1155.jpg]

[attachment=1313:IMG_1156.jpg]

If you get hooked on shopping I have a star wars a Robocop and STTNG need dooing

The worrying thing is that last time when I ran out of pins to shop I started looking for another one to buy, so I think I'm already hooked
biggrin-1.png

I'd not done much with my Shadow shop out recently so thought I better get it done so I can play it again. I'd finished cleaning all of the various parts with one exception....the Battlefield. So I decided that I'd do that tonight...how long can it take :noidea:

It's now 10:45, I've not had any tea and I've got a kitchen side full of bits and a wiring loom. I'm taking time out to order a pizza but at this rate it's going to take me until the early hours to get it all cleaned and back together. I don't trust myself to leave it in bits all over the kitchen sides as I'll probably lose something or forget how it goes back together so it's going to be a late one. Why did I decide that tonight was a good time to do this :frusty:

Know the feeling - Just spent the night Rebuilding pop bumpers and replacing Plastics etc on MM - Cant find my drivers tho (lost in the depths of the garage somewhere!), so it's been a struggle. Maybe i can dig em out tomorrow and finish the job!!! And have just sat down with a cuppa... and no food (other than a biccy!)

Tbh I haven't followed up on this too much but from what I understand it's not cheap.

I expect you'd pay around £100 caroming has gone up a lot recently as the govt have cracked down on how the players get rid of the waste which is pretty nasty stuff

it'd be worth giving bill caulton a call (07751 544523). He's the polisher who's doing all my polishing and plating for the TOM. I'm having, among many other things, 2 wireforms plated. Its hard to give a cost for just those 2 bits as im having so much done but i cant imagine a polish and plate job being much more than £60. It tends to be cheaper if you get a few more bits done as the plater works in batches. Maybe you "need" chrome plated power boxes for the cabinet?? :biggrin1:

On the Shadow there are 5 wireforms that need plating so that might work better in terms of getting them done in a batch. They need brass plating rather than chrome though which I'd heard is more expensive. I think I'm going to wait on the plating until you can get a full repro plastic set for Shadow and then do both things together ;)

On the Shadow there are 5 wireforms that need plating so that might work better in terms of getting them done in a batch. They need brass plating rather than chrome though which I'd heard is more expensive. I think I'm going to wait on the plating until you can get a full repro plastic set for Shadow and then do both things together ;)

Plating company round the corner from me quoted about £35 for one wireform ....but that was their start price for *any* job , if doing a batch then each additional piece would be cheaper than that. Seemed quite reasonable I thought. As usual I haven't done anything about it :hippie:

It's finished :bounce: Finally got The Shadow put back together.....

P1030133.jpg P1030135.jpg P1030141.jpg

P1030143.jpg P1030144.jpg

Dirty Harry is next :)

Awesome job as always mate. It's never ending isn't it. I'm intending on tearing down the earthshaker but I can't motivate myself at the moment.

Very nice. I like the purple posts that almost match the colour of the modes or whatever they're called.

Whatcha reckon you put in per shop job, ten hours? Twenty? More?

Looks awesome. Always a relief to get it back together ;)

I have been so slack with shop jobs this year -eg Dr Dude ......decided I was gonna strip it down but 6 months on and all I have done is apply half of the decals to the mixmaster, and halfheartedly clean bits of playfield I can easily reach :redface:

Cheers guys, I'm really pleased with how this one has come out....the pics don't do it justice :)

Whatcha reckon you put in per shop job, ten hours? Twenty? More?

I have no idea mate but it's definitely more than 20 hours although spread out over weeks (or in this case months). It's probably best I don't keep track of the time tbh ;) I know I'm probably going to far when I'm cleaning nuts and bolts in the sink with a nail brush but it's worth it in the end. DH shouldn't take as long hopefully as I don't think it's got as much stuff to strip down and clean.

Great job, she looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet !
There must be loads of man hours you put into that. Does it play even better than before ?

Does it play even better than before ?

It was fast before but now it's just crazy quick :rockon: It really punishes any missed shots and if the ball gets out on control then it can drain in the blink of an eye. I'm going to have to relearn how to play it :biggrin1:

Matt Adams is selling an alternate translite on eBay at the moment. If you weren't keen in the stock art work, it looks pretty cool.

Not too keen on the alt translite, it just looks odd with the speaker panel imho. Don't mind the original trans, even with the Baldwin face :) Can't stop playing Shadow now it's back working again, got 3 shots away from completing Final Battle today 😢

Not too keen on the alt translite, it just looks odd with the speaker panel imho. Don't mind the original trans, even with the Baldwin face :) Can't stop playing Shadow now it's back working again, got 3 shots away from completing Final Battle today 😢

I'm with you on the translight Chris. I can't see a problem with the original.
Good luck on achieving the final battle.

Top restoration, I like the purple rubbers and the inserts all look nice and bright.

You must be very happy with that Chris, it looks amazing. I will be dropping over at some point to play your collection. :hand:

I will be dropping over at some point to play your collection

Your always welcome mate :thumb: Nearly got a 4th last night, came close to picking up that BSD off ebay but it went just over what I wanted to pay....good job really as I would have had no idea where to put it. However, if anyone is looking to move on a BSD or knows someone who is....let me know :)

Back
Top Bottom