What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress The Phantom Of The Opera Mini Shop Log

Oh I didn’t think of looking in there. That’s not the right ones tho it’s the 2 that are on top of the organ they have been totally cut off. Annoys me when people do that when it could of just been unplugged

Well the set up will be very similar, two red wires to the outside tab, single wire colour banded to the inner tab. I'd check the manual for wiring colours.

Last edited:
All the mechs are now rebuilt apart from the organ motor as I’m waiting for a new switch due to the wrong one being fitted which was fouling the arm.

All the pop bumper light sockets were very worn so I bought a set of the lamp holder with cable legs thinking they would be a suitable replacement. I was wrong the wire is way to thick I would of had to drill the holes out. They also didn’t sit right. So instead I decided to replace only the contacts. I cut open the new connectors removed the contacts, removed the wire and added the correct thickness. Added to the old sockets and put a blob of hot glue on the base incase the connectors decide to move

00f76fd09d55bb226b79c934bd2bcacd.jpg

7f24e6d75dfe2d924b8d72b84e542403.jpg

Does anyone know of a source of decent thickness mylar? Last lot I managed to get was really thin which to me seems abit useless. Ive applied a new magic mirror decal which is supposidle ultra tough. I dont buy that tho it scratched just getting air bubbles out. So I thought it may be worth covering it with mylar

IMG_7320.JPG

Right guys I need some help I’m not quite sure how these pop bumper switch stacks should’ve set up they don’t look quite right to me.

One of the old switches which I’ve not adjusted at all

Replacement for the broken one

Now the top 2 leafs should the shorter one be being hit buy the yoke or the lower one is the one that moves?

I thought it might of been because the new fibre yokes come to a point rather than a flat edge like the old ones. But I’m sure they were catching before the rebuild. I’ll see if anyone else chimes in otherwise I’ll give them a flat edge

I thought it might of been because the new fibre yokes come to a point rather than a flat edge like the old ones
Could be, in your first video of original the scoring switch never seems to open. POTM uses old B/W pop switch stack, unlike later games like Hook, saying that the original yokes on my Hook were flat - I think you can guess which from this pic vs new from Andy

WP_20150502_20_00_07_Pro.jpg

According to the pinrepair guide, POTM is Rev 2b, the next game BTTF is Rev 3 which introduced special coils including pops are cpu controlled = only the trigger spoon switch on the stack, no second switch like yours. (This explains why POTO needs those extra fuses back right of the backbox).

Can the switch stack adjust back slightly keeping the activation pin centred on the spoon?

Last edited:
Referring to your picture (upside down)

Bend Both blades upwards and so that they still make contact when the bump pulls in.

Then at rest the yoke should clear the end of the fixed shorter blade and push open the longer blade opening the switch.

You’ll also see this angle in the picture astyy linked to.

Thanks guys so they were wrong to start with ha I’ll have a fiddle tonight. Didn’t think they looked right I just couldn’t remember how they should of been.

Would one of you kind gents be able to take a pic or tell me how the arm attaches to the motor. One of the few bits I didn’t take pics of.

This bit
516a86e482b1870b6504dc529763dd35.jpg

I'm back at the unit Monday and can get to the spare one . Just not there this weekend . Do you know anyone going to Blackpool next weekend as could drop off all the spare phantom parts .

It’s ok Steve I don’t need anymore spares Daz sorted me out and I’ve ordered the u shaped ball guide. I just can’t rem how the organ arm connects. I’m sure it connects to the back of the motor arm and the spring goes on the front one just not 100% sure

I realise im prob being a numpty but ive forgotten how the kick baack and out hole ball return is wired. Am I right in thinking the thicker wire goes on the side where the diodes band is?

Did you sort? If not all shown on Pg 42-43 of manual :thumbs:

Oh cheers funny how you can’t see for looking sometimes lol. So I was right the thicker wire goes on the banded side I’m sure I’d read it recently but wasn’t 100% [emoji106].

Also got pics for how the organ fixes to the motor now

Is Phantom the best looking of any DE game of all time?

DE ain't my preferred Pinball ecosystem, but Phantom has to be a contender. The Simpsons maybe. Dunno what else would be in the mix ?

Back
Top Bottom