What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress The Phantom Of The Opera Mini Shop Log

You shouldn’t be buzzing the tips. You need to set the meter to diode reading. And then probe the adjacent pins of each tip. In one direction you should read 0.5-0.7v and when reversed no reading or meter shows very high or OL.

Repeat on all adjacent pins. If anything reads below 0.5v then that is suspect. It’s unusual for all to be short so you should find one reads differently to the rest.

Use any 23-800 as long as you fit a diode in the correct orientation. Power wire (heavier) to the banded side of the diode.

yep fuse holders are very dodgy on DE pins. If you have power to some but not other coils then the relay is working fine. Probably a combination of fuse holders, blown transistors, wire off or connector needing reflowed.

The flipper board has LEDs on it to show flipper button presses, make sure they're lighting...

Have you resistance tested the non-working coils? Should have been done before the first power on...

He lives once again Q5 has done the trick. I reckon it was that kick back coil that had taken it out. I think this because Q5 has been replaced before and the burnt coil was a stern coil which would lead me to believe it's been swapped before.

Still the right sling score switch out and the right pop score switch. What I did notice when testing the right pop was when it fired 2 flashers in the back box faintly lit. Which seems abit odd to me, a potential prob?

A few lights in the backbox I still need to investigate. But I've been through all the insert bulbs and replaced any dead ones, a lot of the flashers were dead.

A question for DE owners how the hell do you get to the bulbs on the back of the pf backboard? I'm used to Williams do DE only pivot up?

I've also sealed the backglass with triple thick

I actually really like the sound on this one which is a surprise because it's DE. Even with all 3 speakers perished it's sounds great

Reactions: DRD
Yer, I'm pretty sure it's 3 the game card refers to 3 ball play.

Re. the pf pivot you need an early DE machine owner to comment, from TMNT on they changed to long support brackets that allow the pf to pull forward to get at the back.

Check the manual, it's online if you don't have a hard copy but I would expect 3 balls.

Likewise for the pf pivot. I think it's a straight upright but you may then be able to lift the playfield upwards off the pivots allowing complete removal. I'd get someone to assist you.

I'm sure I saw one on here recently although I can't find it now. What is the fix for iffy bayonet bulb holders they work if you jiggle the bulb.

No probs. I see HEP has recently unloaded a POTO for a shop out, that should be interesting.

A little bit of progress

Right sling score switch now working one end of the diode was off.

Right pop bumper score switch needs replacing its missing a leaf with a contact on.

Just discovered why the 2 organ flashers dont work the flasher holders and wires are missing which explains what the loose connector is in the loom

So now all the faults are fixed apart from the pop switch stack that needs replacing. I’ve stripped the topside. It’s not pretty several wear areas, a homemade metal bracket around the left vuk and a tonne of screw holes. I think it will clean up pretty well. For some reason all the wires to the organ flashers and the other 2 lamp holders have been cut off so I may reinstate them. Surprisingly no broken plastics just a few bent ones which I will straighten out. I think the sticky organ issue may be because it’s been greased which has gone sticky.

Filth shame it has a bobbley Mylar on it be interesting to see if the colours pop once cleaned.

3f646a7463235068e596b9c053a2477b.jpg

One thing I’m not sure about which I think is abit pointless. Why is the small metal bracket inside the organ hinged? Seems totally pointless unless they originally planned for it to do something. They could of saved abit of money if it was fixed

For some reason all the wires to the organ flashers and the other 2 lamp holders have been cut off so I may reinstate them.
Were locked on maybe, any signs of burning? You did mention several fuses blown in the bb.

Awesome pf art, shame this title missed the Diamond coating phase.

Made abit more progress today. Play field cleaned, polished and 2 coats of wax. Come up pretty good shame the camera don’t pick up the shine.

ca6c795e938be0c32b98adedba4b15c1.jpg

2691e63c62c2f8cf44147772939d0c3f.jpg

I didn’t realise someone had done a poor attempt of touching up the wear near the flippers. It hadn’t been sealed so just wiped off when I cleaned it.

Underside stripped and cleaned

238802d55c6fc2cd2f417148465404b7.jpg

95f6a65dd1b8757f3626b92f02c55fb0.jpg

Targets have been cleaned and refoamed awaiting new decals

Is there anyone with a phantom that would be kind enough to take a pictures of the underside of the organ flashers so I can see what colour wire goes where. And one of the connector so I can see the same TIA

Back
Top Bottom