What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 'Not Another Birthday Tournament' Tournament 2018

Moonraker

Site Supporter
The 'Not Another Birthday Tournament' Tournament

Times: Registration 10:30 for an 11:00 start. Finish at 19:00. All participants are welcome to stay for the evening birthday party at the same venue. Please make arrangements to avoid any drinking and driving.

Cost: £10 per person; children (under 16) £6.

Format: The aim is to play as many rounds as possible, up to a maximum of 25 rounds, of head-to-head games. The winner is the player with the most wins. Trophies will be awarded for the top four places. There will be tie-break game(s) if any of the four places are tied.

There is another tournament on Sunday 21st for those wishing to make a weekend of it.
http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/the-five-strike-hangover-tournament.40706/

Address: Unit 5, Loyal Trade Business Park, Stephenson Road, Salisbury SP2 7NS.
Fancy Map at: http://www.specialwhenlit.co.uk/location.php

The usual nibbles, tea, coffee and water are free of charge. Any items from the large fridge must be paid for - eg. cans of fizzy drink and chocolate, etc.

These are not for profit events for supporters of Special When Lit that help raise funds to keep Special When Lit open.

If you've never been to an event please note that everyone is welcome! We don't bite... Honest! :thumbs:

Last edited:
Visited last friday for the first time. Can confirm no biting. :rofl:

Will try to juggle my diary about and see if I can make it on the Saturday. I'll be honest though, the only machine I really know how to play is Jurassic Park... and I'm not particularly great at that either haha

Ironically he contacted me before I posted the last message and it looks like we will have what you so desire Nick...! :thumbs:

Forgive my ignorance... but 11am-7pm is a LONG time to be playing pinball for. Can people still just turn up for fun at any time or are people expected to be there the whole time? ta :)

Yes, it sounds a long time but it really does fly by... :D

Match play wise it's probably 3 games an hour with waiting periods for either your match or other matches to finish the round. During the wait most people then chat, play some of the other games or grab some nibbles.

I now have a commitment until 3pm ?

Can I still come along in the evening to play for fun or only tournament people allowed?

Thanks to Peter, Moira and Hillary for hosting this event. Me, pheebs and Effie had a great time.

Thanks also to all the other competitors who made the girls feel so welcome. I can't think of any other hobbies where 9 and 11 year old girls who don't play very often can compete with the top ranked adults in the country and feel like they have every right to be there and have a chance of winning.

They didn't win many games but their faces lit up each time they did win which made my day.

And fortunately they had 3 wins each at the end so could share the best junior trophy. ?

I'll echo Dan's thoughts and thank Peter, Moira and Hillary for the hospitality this weekend, I had a lot of fun.

The girls were awesome Dan, where on Earth did they learn their skills?

The one(only) good thing about being knocked out by mid-afternoon today was I made it home before 10pm for once!

Last edited:
Fantastic weekend of pinball, made great by the players good spirit and nice weather. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Here are the results:

Saturday:
1,Peter Blakemore
2,Thomas Evrenos
3,Rich Mallett
4, Andrew Foster
5, Ivan Miles
6, Tom Fletcher
6,Dan Williams
8,Greg Mott
8,Tim Thornton
10,Rayne Passmore