What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The new forum "how do I" Thread....

Secondly -

navbar.jpg

This is at the top right of the main page.

I would suggest on first visit clicking on "Mark Forums Read" - this will mean that you dont have hundreds of posts to read to get up to date ;)

Thirdly -

startconvo.jpg

This appears at the bottom of every message. It's an easy way to start a conversation with the poster of that message (useful in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum...)

More to follow....

More -

Avatars seem grainy, and the reason for this is that on the old forum they are smaller - and by them being larger in this skin it blows them up, making them pixelated. If you re-upload by clicking on your picture from anywhere, and then clicking on it again, you can upload a new one...

How do you change the order in which replies to posts are viewed so that newest reply is shown first?

Is there a way to edit existing posts - I don't see an obvious edit button. Also, any options to like/thanks others' posts?

For me an edit button appears in the bottom left row of options inside the posted window on the same row as the Like Reply options to the right. Does it appear for you or is this a Mod feature.

JT,
Logged in as you, and yes i can see the problem you have. Investigating it now :) (Calimori, check the top of the page "login as user" ;) )

I thought about that option yesterday and promptly forgot about it this morning.

Paul, that option gives me too much power but is very cool for trouble shooting.

Err wheres the Gallery gone?

The gallery is now in the "Media" Menu at the top. Unfortunately the pics there were unable to be transferred.

If you could upload them again that would be great. If you cant I can transfer them for you, however may take a while as i have got other things i need to sort out here first.

There are currently no individual "user" galleries - they will be along soon.

Apologies
Paul

Images....

Ok so some seem to be having issues with uploading images, and how to get things "inline" with posts (a la shop log style).

So here's a quick but very IMPORTANT tutorial...

So - when you go to make a post... at the bottom of the post you have this :
1.jpg

so to upload a pic you click on "upload a pic"....
Once this has uploaded, it looks like this :

2.jpg

So as you can see, there are two options - Thumbnail or Full image. In fact there are three...

1. If you dont click either, the images appear as attachments.
2. If you click "thumbnail" it displays a small copy of your image, where you have to click on it to be able to see it properly
3. If you click "Full image" it displays a big copy of the pic

REMEMBER - these are attached inline whenever you click the button - so you can upload lots and then go through your post, position the cursor there you want the image, and then just click on either Thumbnail or Full image to insert it where your cursor is....

3.jpg

Paul

Back
Top Bottom