What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Munsters... (or not? [emoji6])

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I can't help it, I just watched the Dead flip stream on youtube and I've fallen in love with the black and white premium.
Anyone else have any thoughts on the premium?

Played it for a long time at EAG. Looks cool.

I liked it a lot... hopefully code will get a little more.. but it is fast and fun

Mini playfield is... OK ... not sure how long novelty wears off on that one.. Super Skill shot on Prem/LE is hard..
maybe some rules to make shots in sequence, get one wrong and you don’t complete mode.. needs something

I haven't played it but seeing videos of the mini playfield made me frustrated just watching it. It seems as much about luck as skill. Looks lovely and sure it would be fun but not sure it has legs for the home.

Just had a chance to play it at Tilt.

It plays exactly as it looks - like a smashed-together Class of 1812, and Medieval Madness. No bad thing at all. But a few credits won't have told me if there's loads of code to hit, and it seems there isn't. Oh well... if you like flow and repetition then you'll probably feel as I did. But if you don't it's going to be absolutely nothing new at all

Would have liked to have a version with the mini playfield but after reading other posts, I'd agree that it would slow down the game too much. The sink hole is already a slowdown shot as it is.

Met some friends & took the kids 10pin bowling earlier today. The alley has a little arcade so I asked the guy behind the counter if they ever had Pinball in. He said no, because it’s all done by a company so they don’t have any say, but that he “would ****ing love a Pinball machine”.
If he knew how much they can cost, and how much maintenance they can sometimes be, he might not have been so positive. But there’s definitely an untapped market/audience out there.
Honestly? That hits the nail on the head. RIGHT on the head. Nobody I've ever spoken to has a bad thing to say about pinball - they all loved, or at least liked it if they remember it.

But pinball machines didn't bring people to the arcades on their own anymore, that's what killed pinball ultimately. Once the numbers went down below a certain level, the costs of running pinball became just too high and then the medium supply became no supply. Once video games started going into homes, that was it. Pinball still works in the public now but there isn't oodles of money to be made anymore outside of very, very lucky locations - everyone involved runs it because they love it.

The untapped market isn't big enough anymore, really. Joe Public doesn't like it enough anymore to cover the costs.

Played munsters again today at tilt. I like it, but its sat next to Batman66 and we played loads more on that.

Not sure I'd want munsters at home but I'd definitely have a batman if I could afford it.

Played munsters again today at tilt. I like it, but its sat next to Batman66 and we played loads more on that.

Not sure I'd want munsters at home but I'd definitely have a batman if I could afford it.

Munsters is great but it isn't anywhere near as deep/complete as Batman. I think Batman might be one of my favourite machines of all time.

Hopefully over time with updates Munsters gets somewhere close tho!

Played it again when I went to pick up POTC. Just feels like a filler game, not fun in the least.

Such an odd thing to say. Of course it's fun. It's a pinball machine with loads of cool shots, toys, sounds and lights.

Is it just cool to slag off Munsters on here now or something?

Everyone has a point of view, one mans dream theme is another mans nightmare... or something like that.

Each to their own- with that being said the constant negative comments :tut:
Just a “not for me” is fine..

Everyone has a point of view, one mans dream theme is another mans nightmare... or something like that.

Each to their own- with that being said the constant negative comments :tut:
Just a “not for me” is fine..

It's a bizarre carry on.

Saying that a new pinball machine is "not fun at all" is getting quite ridiculous (especially when it is loads of fun!).

I bloody love pinball and I'll have fun on any machine I play. Doesn't mean I'd buy them tho as sometimes they'll be too hard for me or I'll dislike the theme but I always have fun on them. Going to the dentist for a root filling is the sort of activity I would reserve the "not fun at all" review for.

Btw where did you get your mods from for yours?

It's a bizarre carry on.

Saying that a new pinball machine is "not fun at all" is getting quite ridiculous (especially when it is loads of fun!).

I bloody love pinball and I'll have fun on any machine I play. Doesn't mean I'd buy them tho as sometimes they'll be too hard for me or I'll dislike the theme but I always have fun on them. Going to the dentist for a root filling is the sort of activity I would reserve the "not fun at all" review for.

Btw where did you get your mods from for yours?

Dave's mods were from https://mezelmods.com

I just think people are more frustrated with Munsters...

It was over hyped... Initially or not, I think a lot of people were let down for multiple different reasons... For me the thought of a modern haunted house of three levels of pinball fun would have been amazing...

Code is shocking at the moment... However I feel Munsters could be another GOTG... The code on that was shocking when it first came out and in the same way was extremely frustrated to play... But boom massive code update and changed the game completely... Now its one of the fun machines out there

I'm not ruling out Munsters yet... Stern have been on point with updates the last couple of years

And it’s true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom