What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Munsters... (or not? [emoji6])

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
32 here and as much as I like some of the nostalgic themes I used to watch with my dad (BM66) I’m desperate for some slightly more modern or at least nostalgic themes that are/where more popular!

When the **** are we going to get a new and great playing back to the future pin?

Give me Bond, Fast and the Furious, John Wick, Jaws, how about another Avengers pin thats worthy of the licence Infinity War made $2 billion + worldwide at the boxes and then destroyed digital and home sales records over Xmas, compared to Munsters that did what over Xmas, made a fiver? :hmm:

Got to agree with this @J85M
A fast and furious pin could be a winner. Surely the license for these type of themes can't be that expensive. Despite being a multi million pound franchise.
I was just thinking after watching the John Wick 3 trailer, how cool a pin would be of that.

I heard Stern tried to sort Fast and Furious some time ago but negotiations fell through, although this was around the time they where being cheap asses so money could have been the issue. John Wick could be fairly cheap to make licence can’t be hugely expensive and the game doesn’t need to be overly complex, something like Ironman that’s constantly fighting you would fit the theme perfectly.

Licences seem to be getting more and more disappointing with each release, BM66 had a sentimental nostalgia which made that a winner but other than that there hasn’t been a knock your socks off licence/game combo in ages.

SW is a turd! GOTG is another great licence but a turd of a game. JJP is one disappointing licence after another and Spooky has been a continual letdown, where’s the classic horror licences from Spooky - Halloween, Friday the 13th, SAW (could be a phenomenal licence for mechs and toys) Scream, Nightmare on Elm St, Hellraiser, Poltergeist the list is endless.

Wouldn't it be amazing though to instead get hold of some young, talented graphic artists, visual djs, music producers, and creative writers to produce something wildly unique?

I'm sure you could find some amazing talent kicking around that would would completely blow the tired b/w rerun footage and uninspired photoshopping out of the water. I bet their fee would be a pittance compared to a license too.

32 here and as much as I like some of the nostalgic themes I used to watch with my dad (BM66) I’m desperate for some slightly more modern or at least nostalgic themes that are/where more popular!

When the **** are we going to get a new and great playing back to the future pin?

Give me Bond, Fast and the Furious, John Wick, Jaws, how about another Avengers pin thats worthy of the licence Infinity War made $2 billion + worldwide at the boxes and then destroyed digital and home sales records over Xmas, compared to Munsters that did what over Xmas, made a fiver? :hmm:

Well, Deeproot supposedly are doing BTTF, along with the Bible game, Alice in Wonderland, Magic Girl and Retro Zombies.

The problem is that Stern are selling tons of games with nostalgia at the heart of their strategy.

Have Stern got Jaws? Seems pretty likely, with all the various hints.

JJP - Willy Wonka doesn't appeal to me. Toy Story - it will sell well. GNR - not really sure how that will do.

So, Stern have BK3000, Superman 78, James Bond, Jurassic World, Godzilla, Beetlejuice, Bon Jovi. All rumoured so not facts!

Spooky may have Stranger Things.

Stern are still King! .... but those new targets show how they keep taking stuff out of games:rolleyes:

Fast and Furious was a great franchise, especially with the new LCD. Maybe it will still happen?

I'm not sure how a James Bond license would work, would it be classic Bond (Sean Connery, Roger Moore), new Bond Daniel Craig, or a mix of all of them? If it is Daniel Craig (or a new actor) then I think it will age terribly.

I like the classic Bond films and their villains as I grew up watching them. I've little interest in the new ones as they are just generic action films to me.

Well, Deeproot supposedly are doing BTTF, along with the Bible game, Alice in Wonderland, Magic Girl and Retro Zombies.

The problem is that Stern are selling tons of games with nostalgia at the heart of their strategy.

Have Stern got Jaws? Seems pretty likely, with all the various hints.

JJP - Willy Wonka doesn't appeal to me. Toy Story - it will sell well. GNR - not really sure how that will do.

So, Stern have BK3000, Superman 78, James Bond, Jurassic World, Godzilla, Beetlejuice, Bon Jovi. All rumoured so not facts!

Spooky may have Stranger Things.

Stern are still King! .... but those new targets show how they keep taking stuff out of games:rolleyes:

Fast and Furious was a great franchise, especially with the new LCD. Maybe it will still happen?
Until Deeproot show something physical it’s just hot air and haven’t the BTTF rumours come from a tease they made about an 80s licence? So it could be anything, if it is BTTF though and they nail the theme that’s one hell of a first release!

I wouldn’t touch Alice in Wonderland, Retro Zombie and Magic Girl due to the fact Jpop is a ****.

I believe Stern secured the Jaws licence recently/within the last few weeks. Orca mech with a magnet to hold the ball, tips back and JAWs comes out the playfield, magnet let’s ball go and JAWs eats the ball - I’ll buy that!!

Pirates was 5 years too late for JJP, Wonka could be their second WOZ but doesn’t hold any interest with me either as a theme but the game could be neat and it’d an evergreen licence for a lot of folks and if packed like WOZ id be keen to see that, same goes for Toy Story but GnR? **** me, next!

I am a big fan of Stranger Things but as a pinball theme, it just doesn’t excite me.

Is it definitely BK3000 Steve is doing? I had heard it could possibly be Getaway 3 which I was hoping to be true, Stern could later retheme it as Fast and Furious for us young ones :D

Regarding Spooky I wonder if there's any point them securing a really popular theme, they can only produce about 500 machines a year. 500 suits the niche themes they've produced so far so is there any point them going after a theme that would sell in the thousands? If Spooky secured Harry potter there would be a 5 year waiting list :).

Regarding Spooky I wonder if there's any point them securing a really popular theme, they can only produce about 500 machines a year. 500 suits the niche themes they've produced so far so is there any point them going after a theme that would sell in the thousands? If Spooky secured Harry potter there would be a 5 year waiting list :).
If I had to put money on it, I’d say Roger Sharpe and Joe kaminkow are actively pursuing Harry Potter.

Horror themed games are probably a niche too, plenty of partners won’t want/allow a half a dozen horror themed pins in the house, I remember reading those exact comments on pinside when TWD came out.

I’d just love to be able to support Charlie and co @spooky but the themes they have used so far suck.

I really don’t see the need for licensing in pinball, just think space zombies, mole men from mars, Birds of prey, it can’t be that hard to think of an original IP.. it’s only pinball.

Great licence and great game
Great licence but Stern dropped the ball with Guardians, no voice actors, mediocre music selection from the films, should have been way better.
Guardians is cool

Struggling to think of a worse potential theme than Fast and the Furious though, load of absolute tosh!
Nothing better than car themes and for ops on location Fast and Furious would likely do well. Plus us young ones need a pinball theme of our time :)

I really don’t see the need for licensing in pinball, just think space zombies, mole men from mars, Birds of prey, it can’t be that hard to think of an original IP.. it’s only pinball.
Licences sell games before they have even been revealed, all you need to do is see pinside for that.

When Munsters was just a rumour dozens and dozens of Pinsiders where posting “dream theme I’m in on an LE with my distributor”.

Great licence but Stern dropped the ball with Guardians, no voice actors, mediocre music selection from the films, should have been way better.

Nothing better than car themes and for ops on location Fast and Furious would likely do well. Plus us young ones need a pinball theme of our time :)

Wait what's considered a young one in the pinball world?

Still a great game minus the actors voices or your favourite songs from the film

The fast and furious franchise is pretty irrelevant today, how many mediocre sequels are there now, lost count, and doubtful it would be a theme to excite any age group tbh

Last edited:
Queen was my dream title as an operator
Everybody loves the music
Loads of mode options linked to tracks could of been an all time classic but after the heighway debacle this licence could be dead in the water unfortunately

Don't Pinball Brothers have the rights to that still? It might happen, but you'd be running the gauntlet buying it given their support of Alien.

Still a great game minus the actors voices or your favourite songs from the film

The fast and furious franchise is pretty irrelevant today, how many mediocre sequels are there now, lost count, and doubtful it would be a theme to excite any age group tbh

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a832625/fast-and-furious-9-10-cast-plot-cars-release-date/

This franchise has made a ton of money. It would do well on location.

So, 9 and 10 to come out in 2020 and 2021.

Would love a Queen pin.

Might have to settle for swapping songs on pinball browser on another music pin;)

Took the trip over to Tilt to play Munsters, haven't I say extremely disappointed. Found it very boring.
It just has no depth currently, doubt code updates can save it either - just boring really.
Beatles is such a better game.

When it comes to companies releasing your 'dream' licence, the trouble is that Stern won't do it justice. Even though the prices are eye watering to me, i would prefer JJP to make my dream theme game. Having said that, i am yet to really bond with any of their games so maybe not.

If only i had the skills to do it myself!

Irrelevant? Since the 5th film the box office takings have increased substantially with each subsequent release. The last two films blew past the billion dollar mark. With 2 more sequels planned as well as a spin off, so very relevant today and clearly exciting a lot of age groups.

I’m pretty confident F&F would do extremely well in the right locations. Besides we all love pinball here, so you old boys can at least give us young ones a theme or two we grew up on for once :p

Queen was my dream title as an operator
Everybody loves the music
Loads of mode options linked to tracks could of been an all time classic but after the heighway debacle this licence could be dead in the water unfortunately

I have a project I hope to do sometime.

Basically design a translite with Queen/Bohemian Rhapsody art. Add the 4 KISS symbols around the corners.

Art/sound by KISS.

Music by Queen.

Then all the KISS tracks will be replaced by Queen. Maybe some Freddy call outs!

Might do a few other bands as well. Cheap way to get a brand new music pin:)

Back
Top Bottom