What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Munsters... (or not? [emoji6])

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Anyone got Munsters Madness level 1 yet? That's where all the points are.

Apparently Munsters Madness level 2 is very hard to get to.

Doesn't appear too easy watching stream!

I got to Munster Madness on the Premium.

Was easy to get to. The Pro gave me more of a challenge. I think is too easy. A lot of you on Thursday will put GC scores up on them.

Attachments

• 8662788F-6615-4601-9B1D-41E1BDDC34D7.jpeg
    8662788F-6615-4601-9B1D-41E1BDDC34D7.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 4193510C-3051-4621-94D1-E4546C28E06C.jpeg
    4193510C-3051-4621-94D1-E4546C28E06C.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 28
Looking forward to checking both models out tomorrow. Also excited about the Pong coffee table... really want one of those!

Did you question anybody about UK rip off prices compared to other EU countries Neil?

I put it a little more diplomatically but in essence yes. Didn’t get, nor expected, much of a response on it, we shall see. Also raised my frustration in build quality of some aspects of games. Will it make any difference? Who knows, but one thing I do know if you don’t raise these things nothing changes that’s for sure.

Cheers,
Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Its a fantastic and fun theme. To be honest though, I think Deadpool is better, iron maiden definitely is.

I think I agree with David, quite a few folks got to monster madness - so I think they need to make that a little tougher. (I didn't but got almost there). The mystery needs nerfing, I got extra ball and raven through that.

the lack of ball save is frustrating, I can see ops actually turning that back on for fear of ****ed off players. Part of me thinks that might be a way to have made the game a little bit harder but I believe Dwight when he says it was intentional. Sound is superb, video is superb. I like the artwork alot.

the shots, both ramp shots are super satisfying left similar to CDC, the right loop shot is superb. The play field does hark to monster bash, this having a MB remake next to it and after a few games you could feel it, but I think that's a positive.

Lower play field super disappointing, I think the design is as good as you could make it but I think, if we didn't know before, mini play fields with mini flippers/ball doesn't work, but it hasn't put me off getting the game with that in it.

Premium - when I look at the playfield its fantastic but the lack of finish ala LE just takes something away. Need to see the LE but a premium ala Star Trek Premium with the nice armour finish is what they should have done.

Thumbs up from me, but I think this title perhaps suffers from a hype level that's a little too high, Deadpool didn't get the hype this got and I think Deadpool is a better game, could be addressed in code updates and the more I think about it the more the code development is going to be super important, the game has depth in a different way that we aren't used to and I think figuring out how to play it to its max and get the points will take time to figure out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like to say a huge thanks to Phil and the entire Pinball Heaven team, a fantastic group of folks, a fantastic booth, easily one of the busiest in the whole show, it was great to be part of the team whilst streaming the game... great to see some pinball folks you don't see so often too.

Neil.

Raising it won't do jack **** if people carry on paying those prices over here.
If people don't buy them, they won't come over here.

We've been after a few LE games before and there have only been a handful in the UK so hard to pick up afterwards.

I like that in future if we ever part with any of ours, they're in the country and another member of the community can get to enjoy them too.

youtube from today...

Youtube is still processing the higher definition versions (took an hour to process the basic one!)

Neil

Interesting feedback Neil. It's about where I'd got to from watching streams etc. Beautiful looking game but maybe a little more limited than some other newer Sterns

but I think this title perhaps suffers from a hype level that's a little too high,

I know ....It's almost like people were saying it was gonna be 'probably the greatest game Stern have ever done' or words to that effect :D

All about Jaws now .....in fact ftr I'm saying it ...probably the greatest game Stern will ever release :thumbs::D:thumbs:

I know ....It's almost like people were saying it was gonna be 'probably the greatest game Stern have ever done' or words to that effect :D

All about Jaws now .....in fact ftr I'm saying it ...probably the greatest game Stern will ever release :thumbs::D:thumbs:

LOL - Yeah well at that time on what I'd seen thats what I thought, lesson learnt, no comment until I play it in the future; and whilst my fanclub of self abusers rejoice I'm cool to admit being wrong.

Neil.

So, is this a fair summary?

Art - superb.

LCD - superb.

P/F design and toys - nothing new or unique really. And lower p/f getting a pretty mixed reception. Shoots great, but it's a fan layout so no shock really.

Code - fun to get to Munsters Madness level 1. But is it going to be fun or have staying power doing it all over again to get to level 2? And possibly 3.

I played the Pro and Premium yesterday and prefered the pro. Lower playfield is Stewie pinball (flippers only strong near the hinge point) all over again. The black and white looked better in person than i expected, but as the theme does nothing for me I didn't find much i liked.

Honestly, i preferred playing the Beatles (flame suit on!)

I’m at EAG right now and agree 100%. Played Munsters Pro and by the end of ball one I had Munsters Madness lit. Started it straight away on ball two then left wondering what the point of continuing was on ball three.

Beatles looks great, sounds great, and is much more fun to play than I expected. Shame that they’re stupid money.

I had the thoughts and asked people who played the game at CES on pinside how they found it and they all said they resorted to just double flipping both sets of button as it was pure mayhem so no control what so ever.

Great idea to have both playfields active at the same time, but in reality it doesn’t seem that great.

And a bank of drops with a scoop behind them would have been a great feature and way to access the lower playfield instead of just an exposed scoop.

2 Playfields in action at the same time is tricky - with lots of balls out it is generally just mayhem and luck ...... however when you get down to say a couple of balls and can exercise some control by catching one etc then it becomes real skill.

Popeye utilises it during the 'Item Multiball' - 4 ball multi, during which you need to get a ball up on to the mini playfield and make a shot to Swee Pea, and a shot to Wimpy ....whilst still dealing with balls on the main playfield. It's b*stard tricky but can be very satisfying when you do get a handle on it.

Munsters sounds like 2 multiballs running at same time - and of course the playfields are completely seperated. So a bit different.

I played the Pro and Premium yesterday and prefered the pro. Lower playfield is Stewie pinball (flippers only strong near the hinge point) all over again. The black and white looked better in person than i expected, but as the theme does nothing for me I didn't find much i liked.

I was surprised how much I enjoyed the Beatles at the pop-up before Christmas, wouldn't want to own one (not that I could afford it!) but was more fun than I expected...

After listening to Dwight on head to head, I can see what he was doing with the code. I almost felt bad for him as he was saying how much abuse he got for Star wars being to complicated.
But this is definitely a strange beast. Can't see it being in tournaments as it could, in theory, go on for days. Definitely a pin for a collection or someone who isn't into pinball but always fancied one who loves the theme.

I do think the pro could do well on location.
It does seem fair to compare it to Monster bash in terms of rules. So I don't know why people are praising that. If Munsters was released back then and re-released now, it may be a different story.

I guess the big question is since people were hoping for another Taf. Would you rather have a Munsters or a restored Taf?

I really enjoyed Beatles especially when they cranked it up ironically whilst it blasted out Can't buy me love .

So, is this a fair summary?

Art - superb.

LCD - superb.

P/F design and toys - nothing new or unique really. And lower p/f getting a pretty mixed reception. Shoots great, but it's a fan layout so no shock really.

Code - fun to get to Munsters Madness level 1. But is it going to be fun or have staying power doing it all over again to get to level 2? And possibly 3.

I don’t think there is a mixed reception on the lower playfield - it fails to deliver. But the ramp shots are excellent but code wise this needs a lot of work of potentially a rethink. Given there are so many good players at stern you wonder how they didn’t consider this already...

After listening to Dwight on head to head, I can see what he was doing with the code. I almost felt bad for him as he was saying how much abuse he got for Star wars being to complicated.
But this is definitely a strange beast. Can't see it being in tournaments as it could, in theory, go on for days. Definitely a pin for a collection or someone who isn't into pinball but always fancied one who loves the theme.

I do think the pro could do well on location.
It does seem fair to compare it to Monster bash in terms of rules. So I don't know why people are praising that. If Munsters was released back then and re-released now, it may be a different story.

I guess the big question is since people were hoping for another Taf. Would you rather have a Munsters or a restored Taf?

Nobody was hoping for another TAF!

Back
Top Bottom