What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Munsters... (or not? [emoji6])

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Chris,

If you phone Stern ask for an Aerosmith LE, iron maiden LE, beatles diamond, batman 66, Deadpool LE - even a freaking Star Wars LE they say sorry sold out.

If you phone stern and ask for a GOTG LE they say “hell yes” I’ve got ten ready to go. If the CEO of the company tells me it did badly at an event I tend to think he might not be bull****ting me! The reason they did so much more with the code on GOTG and Aerosmith wasn’t out of the goodness of their hearts it was in hope it would revitalise sales much in the same way code did that for Batman ‘66 - from what your saying I’d guess from pressure of distributors with warehouses full of unsold LEs!

When I spoke to John he told me he bought a 100 of them and he said he’d shift them no problem!! I raised my eyebrows but at the time I was trying to wangle a loan of a beatles for D2R from him so didn’t want to tell him he was deluded. Apparently he did the same with WWE (?!)

Cheers
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Am I misreading, or are you saying that they took 100, or a similarly large number of WWEs?

They must all be sat rotting in a warehouse.

Chris,

If you phone Stern ask for an Aerosmith LE, iron maiden LE, beatles diamond, batman 66, Deadpool LE - even a freaking Star Wars LE they say sorry sold out.

If you phone stern and ask for a GOTG LE they say “hell yes” I’ve got ten ready to go. If the CEO of the company tells me it did badly at an event I tend to think he might not be bull****ting me! The reason they did so much more with the code on GOTG and Aerosmith wasn’t out of the goodness of their hearts it was in hope it would revitalise sales much in the same way code did that for Batman ‘66 - from what your saying I’d guess from pressure of distributors with warehouses full of unsold LEs!

When I spoke to John he told me he bought a 100 of them and he said he’d shift them no problem!! I raised my eyebrows but at the time I was trying to wangle a loan of a beatles for D2R from him so didn’t want to tell him he was deluded. Apparently he did the same with WWE (?!)

Cheers
Neil.

Say what?? Apart from the extremely detailed custom 16 bit graphic scenes everywhere and the obvious 100 ‘s of hours it took to create them frame by frame :hmm:

Jim, just doens't do it for me mate. Each to their own I guess. But for me, graphics are indeed retro but in a bad way, almost like my 11 year old daughter has animated some of it - maybe a bit harsh but feel they missed the mark in trying to make it look retro, the drawings look just a bit rubbish and there's little variety in the scenes. Prefer the arcade scene (that is a quite cool idea) over the fighting scene but there's also just not enough variety. With so much that could be done with LCD screen just think what's been done all feels limited. Think GOTG is by far the best use of LCD screen to date.

Think GOTG is by far the best use of LCD screen to date.

I can’t even think how to responed to what you just said.... GOTG is the best use of the LCD to date!? :rofl:

Last edited:
Am I misreading, or are you saying that they took 100, or a similarly large number of WWEs?

They must all be sat rotting in a warehouse.

Yes a large number of WWE’s. According to those that shall not be named they all got sold, I suspect for scrap...!

Back to Munsters.......I don't like the 4 buttons and no drop targets even on the LE!

After watching Dwight/Jack etc not sure you'd ever want to play upper and lower playfields at the same time.

Back to Munsters.......I don't like the 4 buttons and no drop targets even on the LE!

After watching Dwight/Jack etc not sure you'd ever want to play upper and lower playfields at the same time.
I had the thoughts and asked people who played the game at CES on pinside how they found it and they all said they resorted to just double flipping both sets of button as it was pure mayhem so no control what so ever.

Great idea to have both playfields active at the same time, but in reality it doesn’t seem that great.

And a bank of drops with a scoop behind them would have been a great feature and way to access the lower playfield instead of just an exposed scoop.

Flipping two playfields is just a new skill to learn...

Keep an eye out on facebook and on Twitch I’ll be streaming Munsters tomorrow from EAG...

Flipping two playfields is just a new skill to learn...

Keep an eye out on facebook and on Twitch I’ll be streaming Munsters tomorrow from EAG...
I don’t know about you Neil but I sometimes struggle flipping 1 playfield :rofl:

I’d be interested to see if someone could flip both playfields under control and accurately at the same time, without simply cradling one playfield while playing the other.

Yeah I don't think shooting 2 play fields at once is humanly possible, total gimmick. Have to say the game is growing on me a little though overall. It seems it's quite old school in its approach to scoring. No modes as such but depth to how you collect what and when. Might be a refreshing change

It’s not humanly possible for the turds like you and me @huggers :D but if you think that Elwin hasn’t played this and given input....

Yeah I don't think shooting 2 play fields at once is humanly possible, total gimmick. Have to say the game is growing on me a little though overall. It seems it's quite old school in its approach to scoring. No modes as such but depth to how you collect what and when. Might be a refreshing change

Try a HH when you can have balls on 3 different playfields!

Twitch.tv/neilmcrae/

There is a pro on pinball heaven stand which has been super busy all day and premium on Electrocoin.

Cheersa0cf3baef4c06a7447b49d211048eb47.jpg
Neil

Back
Top Bottom