What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "I just beat my high score" thread

Great score and a super machine. What are your settings, I'm jealous:)

Sent from the comfort of my Sofa

Just factory I think with the outlanes on medium. If you can combo the left and right ramp consistently then you do well in most modes and multi balls. :)

New kiss code wiped scores, got to RC twice today - it’s a very good wizard mode. The code has made the game slightly easier but with just as many opportunities to score well. Completed RC at the 2nd attempt today :clap:

DBF11428-8C06-45CB-ADAF-C37E957088E6.jpegA9155FF1-2689-4CF5-B475-DC6BAAED836E.jpeg

Finally got to four winds multiball on POTC, sadly didn’t make it to Gauntlet though, maybe next time.
E5047538-7ECC-4C1E-9A80-C3881D187643.jpeg

20181206_092353.jpg20181206_092353.jpg

Recieved last night. Updated to 3.0 code.
Not a great score, but my best so far.
Loving it.

Collected Batman 66 from @myPinballs on Sunday and got it set up last night. No idea what a decent score is, but put this up on my third game:

IMG_2562.jpg

Completed at least one of the modes of the four major villains which led to Villain Escape. Still trying to get my head around the rules but first impressions are good. I know @Tilt_Birmingham has this score beat by a bit over a billion so have some work to do to catch up - but I'd be interested to know what is considered a decent / good score on this game.

Collected Batman 66 from @myPinballs on Sunday and got it set up last night. No idea what a decent score is, but put this up on my third game:

View attachment 76151

Completed at least one of the modes of the four major villains which led to Villain Escape. Still trying to get my head around the rules but first impressions are good. I know @Tilt_Birmingham has this score beat by a bit over a billion so have some work to do to catch up - but I'd be interested to know what is considered a decent / good score on this game.

Nice opener. Deadflip got 10.5 bil with a 3.5 bil bonus awhile back! I'd say anything over 4-5 bil is decent. The minor villains all have different benefits for helping you throughout the game, so get into those and work out what your preference order choice is ;) Also remember you need 1 from each season completed to get the mini wizard modes to. Of which there are a few to choose from i believe.

Hope you enjoy it anyway. Was a nice smooth sale and collection :)

Nice opener. Deadflip got 10.5 bil with a 3.5 bil bonus awhile back! I'd say anything over 4-5 bil is decent. The minor villains all have different benefits for helping you throughout the game, so get into those and work out what your preference order choice is ;) Also remember you need 1 from each season completed to get the mini wizard modes to. Of which there are a few to choose from i believe.

Hope you enjoy it anyway. Was a nice smooth sale and collection :)

Cheers Jim, haven't had the time to play much but really enjoying it so far. Just set a new GC but frustrated as I had Villain Escape lit when I drained the third ball!

IMG_2591.jpg

Managed to beat Bookworm and Mr Freeze on ball one which really helped, had a great Batusi multiball, but fell short because I couldn't hit the left orbit to save my life when Villain Escape was lit at the end. @Tilt_Birmingham still has me beat by less than 100m!

Not the greatest quality, need to wait to see what santa brings to help, can't figure out the lag between sound and pictures - but..

Immolation Initiative and Save Xandar both completed for a score of over 8 billion

Haven’t managed to put together a game on WPT as has had a couple of issues since arriving - including another weak opto on the ramp but that’s now sorted and the game is finally playing consistently and is a damn lot of fun. Only had 30 minutes on it just now - I know this is a low score but I’ll get there and get a name up (current GC is I think 240M) - this era Stern feels a lot more like a Sega game than modern sterns which I think more like later Bally/Williams - just more solid and controllable.

C90BD4B2-1E71-497D-83C0-8F2E45062717.jpeg

Also better on SS

9EF7A8E2-BFDE-44F2-8500-DF33D4E12C6E.jpeg

Not the greatest quality, need to wait to see what santa brings to help, can't figure out the lag between sound and pictures - but..

Immolation Initiative and Save Xandar both completed for a score of over 8 billion

That format just doesn’t work for me, yeah you can rotate the phone but then it rotates!

Tilt the playfield camera at the same angle as the playfield and then get some light onto the playfield from somewhere adjacent to the camera, atleast same height. It looks super bright coming from the playfield like you’ve jacked the exposure up (which increases noise)

What sound device are you using? What laptop? What software?

Cheers,
Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah you can rotate the phone but then it rotates!
Surely a man of your IT savvy, must know that you can turn off auto rotate? PS. it works better on a tablet, which is how I prefer to view it.

This is a very temporary rig set-up in my kitchen, as I have managed to get hold of a GotG for a week before delivering onward. The fact that it's directly in front of double windows doesn't help matters with lighting.

I had only discussed on Thursday night with having the playfield camera parallel to the playfield, rather than horizontal to limit the tapering perspective. I'm already in the process of making a suitable/adjustable bracket.

Using Logitech C920 cameras (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006A2Q81M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) the one pointed at screen to capture sound, with OBS software on a laptop deemed not fit for purpose as I'm not yet prepared to fork out over £500 for a new, higher specced one.

Surely a man of your IT savvy, must know that you can turn off auto rotate? PS. it works better on a tablet, which is how I prefer to view it.

This is a very temporary rig set-up in my kitchen, as I have managed to get hold of a GotG for a week before delivering onward. The fact that it's directly in front of double windows doesn't help matters with lighting.

I had only discussed on Thursday night with having the playfield camera parallel to the playfield, rather than horizontal to limit the tapering perspective. I'm already in the process of making a suitable/adjustable bracket.

Using Logitech C920 cameras (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006A2Q81M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) the one pointed at screen to capture sound, with OBS software on a laptop deemed not fit for purpose as I'm not yet prepared to fork out over £500 for a new, higher specced one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stage-Came...&qid=1545054518&sr=8-1&keywords=On+Stage+CM01

yes and I did but average viewer won't bother.

On the Logitech camera sound settings you can crank the quality up which also helps with lag on it.

Neil.

Do I need to own up to the fact that one of the shots was around 500M - 9X multiplier on a 2X playfield and a crossbow shot...

@Neil McRae - what are you hitting on the Prem? - as it is on the crossbow you wouldn't get the X on that with the Prem/LE would you? Although that has the crossbow mutliball doesn''t it?

Well Santa delivered me an early Christmas present in an go on Batman66!! So I’ve been trying for some time to complete the mini villains and tonight was the night :thumbs:

Here’s my score when I started Gas Attack for completing all 3 seasons

CDB05E09-8CE2-460C-99C8-07545A396E59.jpeg

Here’s my final score!!!! I’ve a feeling it’s going to be some time before this beauty gets knocked off :rofl: Bm66 is a totally AWESOME game.

D48921D8-B50E-4320-A9D4-9E3F410B6B1E.jpeg

Last edited:
Small potatoes for some of you guys, but new high score since updating the software on my TAF, I was happy.

3 ball game...

A6FE9E7A-D969-4138-A688-A0F41C796940.jpeg

Not my high but the misses kicked
My **** this Christmas. Wiped me off the board on gotle. Still learning the game and loving it all the way

Attachments

• A112014B-6061-4992-A842-F4847AC14575.jpeg
    A112014B-6061-4992-A842-F4847AC14575.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 24
No idea how this stacks up - but a lot of fun!

Relocking and hitting castle jackpots is fun.

36875AC8-2973-4940-9895-2E0FB6B50A13.jpeg672FA278-A431-4F0F-A482-649F7FEE53B2.jpeg

Just got back from a pinball gathering. A huge thanks to @lee riley :thumbs: for hosting a brill afternoon and it was nice to put some faces to people on this forum along with some great forum members I already know.

Played DP for the first time and it’s a great game I really enjoyed. Thanks must go to Jim @myPinballs for his help and expertise. Managed to get the GC score :clap:

9301AF88-0EEF-402F-AFC5-940EA6114319.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom