What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "I just beat my high score" thread

surely it depends on how you’ve set up your machine : how many balls per game, various difficulty levels in the setup menu, positioning of outlane posts (3 positions on playfield), steepness of playfield via leg height adjustment, condition and cleanliness of pf, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are correct Allen, but I'm not to interested in being too scientific about it.

Are people hitting 300m or 500m or even more in any setup?

I'm struggling to hit 100M on a 5 ball easy game !!!
That used to be my problem Allen, switch to 3 balls and it got easier (as in I think the program changed).
I'm thinking there's a program setting for the flippers.

Some regulars may remember my complaining of weak flippers. The swap for new did help BTW but the weak flipper occasions, I believe are built into certain times of play.

But still I notice a definite power increase in certain modes. For instance in Valinor is made easier by the program upping the power so as to make the ring shot so much easier as it has to be hit so many times.

There are other less obvious times, I think the multi ball that eventually leads to Soooper Jaaackpots also ups the flippers power.

It makes the almost impossible just possible basically, particularly in valinor but also in certain ring essential shot modes.

Still I have never beaten valinor but I've been close.

So, I've got my tin hat on, a true conspiracy theory or is there some truth in it Stoptap, monkeyboypaul, you guys have listed some good scores, did you notice?

If Not, look out for it.

You are doing amazingly well to get to Valinor - that's like travelling to the other side of the galaxy to me right now.

As others have said, it depends on how the game is set up.

So standard LOTR, 3 balls with extras balls I'd suggest something along the lines of:
beginner - good greater than 20M
intermediate - good greater than 50M
expert - good greater than 80M

for fabulous or better double the good scores.
for exceptional triple the good scores.

That used to be my problem Allen, switch to 3 balls and it got easier (as in I think the program changed).
I'm thinking there's a program setting for the flippers.

Some regulars may remember my complaining of weak flippers. The swap for new did help BTW but the weak flipper occasions, I believe are built into certain times of play.

But still I notice a definite power increase in certain modes. For instance in Valinor is made easier by the program upping the power so as to make the ring shot so much easier as it has to be hit so many times.

There are other less obvious times, I think the multi ball that eventually leads to Soooper Jaaackpots also ups the flippers power.

It makes the almost impossible just possible basically, particularly in valinor but also in certain ring essential shot modes.

Still I have never beaten valinor but I've been close.

So, I've got my tin hat on, a true conspiracy theory or is there some truth in it Stoptap, monkeyboypaul, you guys have listed some good scores, did you notice?

If Not, look out for it.

It's a well known issue that the flipper power decreases in long games on LOTR.

When I had mine back in 2010, I remember many people were swapping flipper coils for more powerful ones.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Stern-...ngs-Guns-Roses-sleeve/221941822782?rmvSB=true

Medium seem better as people saying high powered can break plastics.

Some people install silent fans on coils - no idea how.

It's a well known issue that the flipper power decreases in long games on LOTR.

When I had mine back in 2010, I remember many people were swapping flipper coils for more powerful ones.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Stern-...ngs-Guns-Roses-sleeve/221941822782?rmvSB=true

Medium seem better as people saying high powered can break plastics.

Some people install silent fans on coils - no idea how.
Hi Replay,

I've been all the way through the weak flippers debate and came out the other side. Fans are fugly and not necessary.

My point wasn't weak flippers but "strong" flippers in certain modes. It's definitely a thing in my opinion.

Loved this tonight - smashed a multiball (by my standards) with a jackpot, jackpot, super jackpot (two jumps) and another jackpot before drain to single ball, that was nice but as you can see other modes not so much ;)

9A859342-6357-4FE9-A0DB-4613C132C44B.jpeg

Nice to see a Hurricane .I spent many happy hours on one of these back on the day. You rarely see them at shows and the game seldom gets a mention on here .
Me too - first time I saw a dmd. Used to love playing it.

Hi scores for me on DI @ the tilt in Birmingham
IMG_20180308_150409238.jpg
No way the highest on this machine
@Wayne J still has it with 800 +:(
Maybe next time I will beat that score;)

Terrible score but got on the leader boards of the Ghostbusters in Corbières in Manchester yesterday, must have had a recent reset :D

IMG_20180323_175550.jpg

ACD98F2E-4F02-49AB-9CF6-742DE585AFD6.jpeg30BE683A-D8AF-4625-9A44-EF369F75414E.jpeg 74D35E93-B049-4725-A388-9BE089ED2559.jpeg

Really getting the hang of batman 66 with the new code - it’s awesome!!!

Attachments

• 100BF649-9924-45BF-9731-0FB4C69B7BCC.jpeg
    100BF649-9924-45BF-9731-0FB4C69B7BCC.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 22
  • C1F0F1D7-ED37-42EE-8B6A-F578FB3F315C.jpeg
    C1F0F1D7-ED37-42EE-8B6A-F578FB3F315C.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 21
DSC_0568.JPG

Missed the 35m do or die shot...

Outlanes on 2nd hardest setting

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180404_2545a035ac5120328d0efc1123b78d8c.jpg

Had a great first ball. Getting good high average scores on this game now. Before I was struggling to score on it at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom