What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 'how was your week' thread

JT.

Site Supporter
Had a pretty good week this week, all said. Mon to Wed at Manchester uni doing stuff I like doing, then Thursday had to persuade my dad (who has dementia, and lives two and a half hours away) to call an ambulance for a suspected stroke, but turned out to be nothing, then today I had the first day of teaching Masters students of the 2014/15 year. All good now, and looking forward to going to see my youngest brother tomorrow for a night out in Sheffield. Bulmers is my tipple of choice tonight..how about everyone else?

i was in Netherlands for work Tues to Thursday but have established a routine of booking fake meetings in my calendar for Wednesdays so i spent Weds in my hotel room dozing, drinking and watching films on my laptop: i got through the last few episodes of season 6 of Archer so i'm up to date and sadly now all out, then i watched Birdman, and How to Train your Dragon 2. plus some South Park and Family Guy and My Name is Earl on the telly. drank far too much again but sobered up enough (i hope) for an 8am meeting. got back last night to find @Paul had posted me the ROMs for GNR which had been staying silent on sound test for ROMs 2 and 4. tested these today and all good. today i sent some emails and made some phone calls and attended an online meeting for work, but my boss is away so i took advantage and spent about 4h in the garage working on a playfield transfer from one machine to another - in the process i discovered some bodges and some broken stuff so i did a bit of soldering and a bit of crimping and a bit of cable tying. also some fishtank maintenance.

I've spent all week double checking loads of costings, specs, patterns and drawings for a huge mod contract so highly riveting. Tomoz is my bday and ment to be going to see the Martian at the pics

Last edited:
Pretty good. Was on a compoota course Mon - Weds. So saw the kids everyday which is rare these days!! Had the legend round last week to get the fleet operational again so weds night had a few non pinhead mates round for pizza, beer and pinball. They had not seen a pinball machine since there childhood and absolutely frickin loved it. Was great to have the den bustling with people enjoying the pins. Only a couple of minor breakdowns. Couple of wires off coils on FH and FT and Rudis head lost his screws so his face fell off!!! Fixed all those things, actually looked like I knew what I was doing and they were impressed so all good :thumbs:.
On a course away all next week so no pinball for me :(

Spending most of my time with my 19 month old daughter (currently hitting me with her potty) as my other half is due to pop again soon. Had 36 week scan this week and baby already 7 pounds so will be around 10 when born like our first....my missus hates me! Sad to miss nlp next weekend hope you all have a blast, looking forward to @cooldan's shaky cam walk around video!

Been a pretty good week. Swapped a few machines around. Got a JP and GnR coming here on loan today:)

Somehow managed to teach a lesson to my Yr12s about how the recent shootings in America will affect the inter-related markets for guns and bullets, which actually worked really well. Believe me teaching teenagers the joys of calculating different elasticity's requires a bit of thinking outside of the box.

Got paid (always a good thing). Chucked a bunch of cash at my mortgage, so I'm now on course for being mortgage free in about 2.5 yrs

Got invited by a member of senior management to a series of breakfast meetings (because she was so busy and what she had to say was so important) and pointed out that it was simply never going to happen

Got confirmation that I can take a trip up to Woburn Safari park, so I get to tell the girls that in case we break down they don't have to run faster than a lion, just faster than the slowest member of the class. Which led to a discussion about which member we would be most likely to sacrifice

Got permission to take my Yr13s off to Borough Market next week, so I get to persuade them to try out all sorts of weird and wonderful food.

Had to explain to my yr13s that when I take them to the Coca-Cola factory there are metal gantries with holes in them, so that last time I went the girls in short skirts became very popular with the young guys who were working there.

Sadly had to be part of kicking a girl out of the 6th form for missing deadlines. Lots of tears and anger. Part of my job that I hate. Marked about 100 essays, most of them were crap:mad:

Went to my daughter's parents evening. Didn't leave totally shamed. Discovered she had been given an achievement award and had to show a video we'd made at home to the school.

Had Tim & Robin round here on Tuesday. Robin fixed Congo, so it's now all up and running

Played a bit of Call of Cthulhu and confirmed my nerd status even further

Weighed myself and discovered that 2 years of the 5/2 diet has left me 10lbs heavier :(

Saw Ugly Kid Joe playing on Sunday. Always thought they were a novelty band and discovered a couple of years ago that they had actually written a few really good songs

So all in all, a pretty decent week:clap:

This week has gone by pretty fast, the business owner has been away again this week and there's only 3 staff including him so I've been pretty much running the place and making sure things get done.
Gillian started her work placement this week for her Animal Care course at college, we were up at 6:30am on Wednesday in order to get there for 7:30am.

Started watching The Walking Dead again, on season 4 now. Taken the ramps off WCS94 in preparation for the Cliffys arriving and fixed the battery holder on Sopranos.

Got ****ed a lot, played pinball a lot...

Same **** different week :rolleyes:

This is a fun thread I have just stumbled on so a little late but why not a week in my not so exciting life.
Went with the wife and my girls just to LOOK at a puppy at the weekend, she gave me the look, so we brought it home!
Other than the usual office job spent the week wondering how so much wee can come out of something so small so often and why it will wee on the training mat once, will wonder off with praise ringing in her ears to walk to the other end of the kitchen and pee on the floor! Also now know that once they start weeing on the floor it is pointless to grab them and run to the training mat as they have finished by the time you get there but you still do it anyway!
Also wonder why the seller recommended fresh boiled chicken and tripe (to firm up pooh but stinks to high heaven when boiled) rather than puppy shop bought pet food.
Also wonder why I am doing all this when it is my wife's puppy.
Realised I am very good at mopping the floor.
Phoned the vet to see when she can have the jab so she can go outside, roll on next Tuesday!
Started watching the apprentice and confirmed to myself that all the top class academics spout more s**t than our puppy and know nothing about life in the real world other than to blow smoke up their own a**e and shaft everyone around them and I keep wondering why if they all have multi successful businesses are they on the apprentice.
Did I mention we got a puppy?

Monday was meetings, Tuesday was all meetings, Wednesday was meeting, depression kicked in, Thursday was meeting and I got a cold. Friday is more meetings but I reviewed some documents too. Heading into London now for a meeting.
I am bored of life sucking meetings.
I might get home early and play some pinball.

Did I mention we got a puppy?
Oh you did? You should have mentioned it Aide! ;)

Last week for me:

Monday - Thursday: off work, did naff all bar the 12 week baby scan on Thursday morning
Friday - NLP setup all day
Saturday - NLP all day
Sunday - NLP all day & pestering Andrew Heighway about Aliens stuff :)

This week:

Monday - recover from NLP
Tuesday to today - work, the usual, dropping off WPT tonight with Onze

Finally got to tell my parents on Wednesday about becoming grandparents next April, happiest I've seen them for ages plus the blood test results back today and all is well.

Monday was meetings, Tuesday was all meetings, Wednesday was meeting, depression kicked in, Thursday was meeting and I got a cold. Friday is more meetings but I reviewed some documents too. Heading into London now for a meeting.

I feel your pain :(

When the depression kicks in, it's time to think hard about a new career @Calimori :( There are lot's of good things to do that are less ****, just takes some time and effort to think about what they are, and then maybe a bit of pain while you make the move, but from personal experience, it's worth it :)

My week this week has been the life of a single parent - my wife is away on business in South Korea, Hong-Kong and then mainland China for two weeks starting last Sat. So Sunday I braved NLP with two kids (you might have seen us: an overweight and balding guy carrying around a red mouse chair that the 4 year old was standing on to play games, being dragged towards video games instead of pinball machines :mad:). Met a few nice people from Pinballinfo there and had a good time - actually the longest amount of time I've managed to get to spend at a show with kids in tow, which was a result.
Monday through Wednesday I managed to achieve very little (working from home when trying to study is not a good combination, too easy to find something else to do), Thursday was prep for teaching at the Uni, but then my PC died at lunch time, so spent the rest of the day fixing that mess.

Then this morning was as hectic as could be: trying to finish off the prep for the lecture, whilst also being on drop-in call for various Far Eastern students who had questions about the course they needed help with. Big sigh at 12:00 when that was all done! But then teaching this afternoon was fine, and I got a big lift by inflicting group work on the entire class (they always love group work;)), and they seemed to mainly be awake and listening for the rest of the lecture too, which was nice. Then got home to find out that my mother in law, who had picked up the kids for me while I was busy in Manchester, had done the ironing for me: win!

Now relaxing with a Thatchers Gold, and mentally preparing myself for kids football practice tomorrow morning then going to a supermarket :eek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom