What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

Price check on MM original, anyone know of any coming up, may have to wait a year or so on IMDN it seems, which is ok - to get it to the price I can pay.

115721E9-207E-46A9-85CB-4D5E0E33E801.jpeg

Aye - grands in the theme.

That’s a long catch that one if anyone gets it...

Hello,
What is a non-working Space Invaders worth these days? In need of board work according to the current owner....
Thanks.
Dom

I'm thinking of putting my Time Machine up for sale. I've had it nearly 9 years and loved it to bits but it's got to go sooner or later. @Sgt GrizZ suggested £700 - £900 for a nice one but I don't really know what that means for a pin that's over 30 years old.

Here's the pin. It's very smart in "normal" room lighting, not so smart in bright sunlight where lots of scrapes, especially on the back box, can clearly be seen to have been touched up with brushed acrylic:

P1010676.JPG

It's been very reliable for me considering its age. It gets played every day but over the last year I can only remember two faults: one loose connection and a broken leaf switch.

It's got a scrape on the backglass (see above bottom-centre) but not too noticeable. It's also got some small damage to the plastics top-centre of the playfield:

Cracked Plastics.jpg

Plays very fast - maybe too fast - I tend to get air balls on the centre ramp. Here's a 5 minute game showing a couple of air balls but also showing all features working:

Can people please advise on a fair price?

I'm thinking of putting my Time Machine up for sale. I've had it nearly 9 years and loved it to bits but it's got to go sooner or later. @Sgt GrizZ suggested £700 - £900 for a nice one but I don't really know what that means for a pin that's over 30 years old.

Here's the pin. It's very smart in "normal" room lighting, not so smart in bright sunlight where lots of scrapes, especially on the back box, can clearly be seen to have been touched up with brushed acrylic:

View attachment 78665

It's been very reliable for me considering its age. It gets played every day but over the last year I can only remember two faults: one loose connection and a broken leaf switch.

It's got a scrape on the backglass (see above bottom-centre) but not too noticeable. It's also got some small damage to the plastics top-centre of the playfield:

View attachment 78666

Plays very fast - maybe too fast - I tend to get air balls on the centre ramp. Here's a 5 minute game showing a couple of air balls but also showing all features working:

Can people please advise on a fair price?

Cool game. Always enjoyed playing it.

Why didn't they put real chime unit into Tommy? Time Machine now would have 6 ball multi ball .. go back to the 00's 90s 80s 70s 60s 50s ...

It's on there now, looks pretty battered :thumbs:

That's the one . He didn't hang around , was only chatting to him this morning.

Hard to tell from pics but he said the backglass was in 'sad' shape - so guessing paint lifting etc. Factor in rough playfield, shabby cab, unknowns on other boards/displays ...it was more than I wanted to deal with. Money pit written all over it. ?

Oddly the white rubber on it looks quite fresh .

Repro sound boards are now available from US ...about $100
Needs an Alltek MPU .... £180
Possible other boards / displays / rectifier board ????

I saw a decent playfield in Germany ..... EURO 350

A good backglass ..... ???? ...good luck finding one £150 ???

So if you are prepared to throw money into it ....fill your boots :D

Thinking of selling AC/DC premium ?
Needs must I think if I’m ever to finish the moose shack.
It’s home use only and in perfect condition.
I’ve added a shaker. An extra lcd monitor in the apron (still have original apron)
And a guitar mod that I made myself.
I’ve seen Lucy vaults asking £7.5k???
Haven’t a scooby what mines worth.
Advice please.

Value on a couple of pins please.

I’m thinking of possibly selling a couple of tables to raise cash for a ghostbusters pin.
Any idea of rough price for these 2 pintables I might sell?

Ripleys believe it or not, working and in good condition. Re rubbbered and cleaned?
Junk yard, working and in good condition with a few marks to the cabinet but nothing major?

Just ideas so I can see which ones in my collection I may sell but guess these would be first.

Thanks

Last edited:
Ripleys 2.5k
Junkyard 1800

Might be out on both though. Sterns seem to be coming down and wms games still seem to be on the rise.

Ripleys believe it or not, working and in good condition. Re rubbbered and cleaned?
Junk yard, working and in good condition with a few marks to the cabinet but nothing major?

I would have said they are both £2K ish. A Ripley's sold on here for £1850 in 2016 and one sold last year, it looks like the price was deleted but I think it was £2000 or maybe as much as £2200. I'm after one but £2.5 would be too strong for me.

I would have said they are both £2K ish. A Ripley's sold on here for £1850 in 2016 and one sold last year, it looks like the price was deleted but I think it was £2000 or maybe as much as £2200. I'm after one but £2.5 would be too strong for me.

Pretty sure that was Keith @new forest pinball selling that Ripleys. It was a lovely one iirc. And I think it was 2200.

Pretty sure that was Keith @new forest pinball selling that Ripleys. It was a lovely one iirc. And I think it was 2200.

Yep that was ours well remembered @Sgt GrizZ .....great game.....
Ok really going to split opinions here...the one I sold on here was very nice players condition machine, with some nice mods. Played great that sold for 2.8k . That was made from two machines we had at the time the other was much nicer condition. Near collectors I would say and that sold for 3.4k. Ripley's never come up for open sell these days. (Normally passing between cliques of collectors). This is now a desirable game in my humble opinion. So if your ripley's @Steve Arnold is in good players condition with zero mods then 2.5k. Is spot on...just my thoughts....

Bump
Thinking of selling AC/DC premium ?
Needs must I think if I’m ever to finish the moose shack.
It’s home use only and in perfect condition.
I’ve added a shaker. An extra lcd monitor in the apron (still have original apron)
And a guitar mod that I made myself.
I’ve seen Lucy vaults asking £7.5k???
Haven’t a scooby what mines worth.
Advice please.

Has no one else a clue either lol?

Now my SS is nearly done, thinking of potentially moving on in the not so distance future perhaps. Depends on how close to an ACDC or MET it can get me...

Hi guys, asking for a friend who is thinking of moving on his Stern Batman BM, which is in really mint condition. Just trying to get an idea of rough prices....

Back
Top Bottom