What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

WHIRLWIND.

Hello everyone I’m considering putting my Williams Whirlwind up for sale as it’s in the living room and no longer fits our decor choices it’s in good working condition there is the odd lamp out here or there and a few minor wear marks to the cabinet but guess that’s to be expected for its age.
So wondering if anyone can give me a rough idea of value and best place to advertise other than on here.

Many thanks Dave

Agree with @Spandangler ...........average would be 1400/1500 ..... one of the top Sys 11 games :thumbs:

I've seen a few X-Men pro pinballs sell around £3.2k mark, with that in mind what would you all place an LE Wolverine one at. Good condition, no issues, etc. minor scuff on silver trim?

Not mine, but I keep seeing one come up on eBay though it never seems to sell. I am interested in one, might end up holding out for another pro.

I've seen a few X-Men pro pinballs sell around £3.2k mark, with that in mind what would you all place an LE Wolverine one at. Good condition, no issues, etc. minor scuff on silver trim?

Not mine, but I keep seeing one come up on eBay though it never seems to sell. I am interested in one, might end up holding out for another pro.
Around £4300 maybe? Hard to say for sure though.

Think that one was advertised on here a while back - friend of a forum member. Let me see if I can find the link...

Edit - is this the one? http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/xmle-wolverine-£4750-firm.37682/

Ya, it's been on eBay loads too.

I see the pro here sold at £3.2k in the end:

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/or-trade-x-men-pro.40185/

£3.3k here:

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/for-sale-ac-dc-premium-x-men.40399/

Pretty sure I saw one somewhere else sell for similar. Could be wrong.

I guess what I'm asking is two questions, how much is it really worth and is it worth the difference they want.

Around £4300 maybe? Hard to say for sure though.

Ebay listing had make an offer enabled, so I offered something not far off that and expected some haggling. But they didn't and don't want to go lower than the price listed on this site. Just not sure it's worth the difference and as @Sgt GrizZ mentioned "The fact it hasn't sold for sooooo long indicates it's overpriced for current market." is also what I'm thinking. Oh well. Tempted but I'll probably just go for the pro version. :)

Last edited:
They don't seem to have the resale value everything else does.

WHIRLWIND.

Hello everyone I’m considering putting my Williams Whirlwind up for sale as it’s in the living room and no longer fits our decor choices it’s in good working condition there is the odd lamp out here or there and a few minor wear marks to the cabinet but guess that’s to be expected for its age.
So wondering if anyone can give me a rough idea of value and best place to advertise other than on here.

Many thanks Dave

X men is great and on my hit list but the pro should be hovering around 3k in my book like iron man pirated dark knight and many other sterns

Thinking about selling my Iron Maiden LE ,How much would it be worth 4 months HUO 500 plays, has plastic protectors one and a half of those plays had playfield protector but did not like it been on the game.

Been to have a look at Hit The Deck, see pictures. Been in the same house since early 80’s, powered up and played perfectly even though it hasn’t been turned on for years apparently. What’s it worth?

30EF916A-0B68-495C-9EC6-73240F977D1D.jpeg
AB94CA6E-9B29-4DC4-83A0-DC0DBCB9EA5B.jpeg
06E29161-FB90-4B14-B42A-09EC5CE226D5.jpeg
C9332969-49AE-4C82-B024-336B71D97E90.jpeg
BE5F451C-3E72-4F28-BAFB-D5A8D50A98C5.jpeg
B2CE4D82-5535-4339-AE0F-DD3F23E30BC2.jpeg
EF70D9F9-5FBC-48BC-A424-BE49EA9C9FE7.jpeg
1EB67B17-400F-44FB-B14F-B59D3DA6995E.jpeg

Tough question! In the USA this is one of those games that sells for more than it does here. Only 375 made but a fair few made it over here it seems.

I have one - but I paid a lot, shipping from USA, buying in USA, and buying a NOS playfield, cleared by Ron Kruzman. Bit crazy really:D

Despite a limited amount of shots, it is really is a fun game, trying to get the joker lit and all the cards, so everything becomes worth 5000.

Very popular and collectable in USA.

Game above. Cabinet looks great, playfield looks very nice.

Couple of negatives - backglass has had a lot of sun on it - should be yellow.

Apron - again, sun has faded the red.

Really hard to value it, so maybe play it and see if you like the game play?

It might need flipper re-build etc as this game should play super fast as it's one of a few that went DC on the flippers.
Backglass2.jpg

Top info thanks for that!

I have played it and depending on what people value it at I might have it in the collection for a while. Problem is I reckon the people selling it think it’s worth more than it is so would like some educated guesses from those in the know...

Top info thanks for that!

I have played it and depending on what people value it at I might have it in the collection for a while. Problem is I reckon the people selling it think it’s worth more than it is so would like some educated guesses from those in the know...
Ok, UK price, taking into account faded glass etc, a grand?
They sell for over $2000 in USA but the backglass would knock a big amount off that, especially as a repro has never been made nor likely that it will.
There have been a couple on ebay that from memory have sold from £800 - £1150.
My NOS p/f was over a grand which in hindsight was a bit daft;)
Still, most pinball purchases are I guess. Actually probably less daft than spending over 10k on an LE as this game will still work in 50 years time:D

As I always say it’s worth what someone is willing to pay for it - the problem with games like these some of which I think are worth more than much more modern games (like my meteor I think trounces many DMD games) you have limited people who think that’s the case so if you pay a lot the risk is finding someone who will pay the same when you come to sell. If I ever sell my meteor I’ll take a grand hit on it maybe more... unless I get really lucky with finding a buyer who loves it as much as I do.

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As I always say it’s worth what someone is willing to pay for it - the problem with games like these some of which I think are worth more than much more modern games (like my meteor I think trounces many DMD games) you have limited people who think that’s the case so if you pay a lot the risk is finding someone who will pay the same when you come to sell. If I ever sell my meteor I’ll take a grand hit on it maybe more... unless I get really lucky with finding a buyer who loves it as much as I do.

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bgresto does a bg for Hit the Desk, saying that I like it's current patina
http://bgresto.com/?p=1662
BG do great work but it's a translite between 2 pieces of glass so it's never as good as a silk screened glass.
I would also prefer a faded screened glass to a BG resto.
They are very useful though for those glasses that have never been reproduced.

Back
Top Bottom