What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

Hi guys, i have a nice condition Champion pub that i think is time to move on, playfield is great the cab has a fair amount of scuffs and nicks. Id rate it 6/10. It was fully serviced and given a clean bill of health by Andy after a little holiday away with him in the early part of this year. Thoughts on value please? Been discussing with friends but getting wildly different opinions.

How much is a judge dredd worth ? Seems to be working apart from a few sticky drops and a flaky trough opto. Needs a good clean but otherwise decent. No topper

Cheers
Ian

This is a really odd thread with some retro dreamer prices. If you can find someone selling one for that price then buy it immediately. Snap it up. But realistically thats a highly unlikely scenario.

St25 was my first dot matrix game. I bought it the day of the first national lottery and used my scores to pick my numbers. I won a tenner!

Ok its not very deep but the soundtrack is great. You can tell James doohan had a ball (groan) doing the custom speech. On a par with Raul Julia's brilliant effort on TAF

I can see a tidy one bringing £1500 now. All the sci fi games are on the up.

Odd thread??

What price?? For what game??

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Even just going back over the last page we've got £1200 for Judge Dredd. Three years ago maybe. While you're trying to haggle a seller down to that price it'll be long gone. Champion Pub for £2500? That sounds very low even for 6/10 condition. Its a super rare and sought after machine. Whats that price based on? Its no wonder HLD and other dealers are coming on here and snapping up machines.

Even just going back over the last page we've got £1200 for Judge Dredd. Three years ago maybe. While you're trying to haggle a seller down to that price it'll be long gone. Champion Pub for £2500? That sounds very low even for 6/10 condition. Its a super rare and sought after machine. Whats that price based on? Its no wonder HLD and other dealers are coming on here and snapping up machines.

Based on ??? My experience in the pinball world ...what else would I base it on :) Regarding Champion Pub - rarity does not always equate to value. It's generally considered a pretty poor game, fun toys - the skipping rope is ace - but little else.

Not all sales are on here or ebay. Many games are sold between pinheads for considerably less than the eye watering prices bandied about here sometimes.

All just opinion though. People will pay what they are happy to pay.

some retro dreamer prices

I think sometimes forum members are saying what they would be willing to pay for such-and-such machine rather than the "outside-world" price.

In the past I've read that an EM is only worth max around £200. That post to me is just a statement as to how much that person doesn't like EMs. It's got nothing to do with how much you'd need to buy one, or how much you should be asking if you're selling one.

Based on ??? My experience in the pinball world ...what else would I base it on :) Regarding Champion Pub - rarity does not always equate to value. It's generally considered a pretty poor game, fun toys - the skipping rope is ace - but little else.

Not all sales are on here or ebay. Many games are sold between pinheads for considerably less than the eye watering prices bandied about here sometimes.

All just opinion though. People will pay what they are happy to pay.

I guess that's why I find it an odd thread. People will pay what they're happy to pay. But if you go in with unrealistic expectations you're going to lose out on machines unless you hit lucky with a seller that needs the machine shifted fast.
I agree that rarity does not in itself equal value and I can't say I was blown away by Champion Pub either when I played it, but I'm pretty certain people are paying more than that. I understand these are guestimates and I was asking if there are any recent sales to base it off. Otherwise it seems sensible to price it a lot higher and let it find its own price...or risk losing it to dealers.

I really don't think there are *that* many dealers.

To keep prices high in case 'they' buy them seems a strange notion :)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I don't mean 'they' in the sense of illuminati overlords lol. But I think its safe to say that once a machine has gone through the dealers we're unlikely to ever see it for sale on here again.
I'm not advocating inflating prices but if we're creating the profit margin for the dealers then we can't complain when there are no machines left to buy.

Pinflation is a bastard. I'd still put a ceiling on a CP of around £2500. However, seeing the BSD sell for over £2k on here came as a surprise to me. :eek: People buying DESW for over 2k. **** me I still have that one down as a £700 game in my mind. Same goes for LW3 seeing how people are asking double the going rate of 18 months ago. It's the big jumps that come as a surprise. I can see games going up by £200 in a year but a lot seem to have jumped by £800+ in a short space of time.

£2k is now the new £1200:( (I remember when £1.2k become the new standard rather than £800 for decent games). It's getting so that anything below £1800 is considered cheap but even that doesn't seem to be encouraging games to be sold on. (Although I grabbed the first JP I saw up for sale in years on here only to see another 2 stuck up for sale in the following weeks. Sorry guys think I helped fuel that price rise:oops:)

Judging by the sales section I think the summer lull is over and things are selling again.

And this is why I don't buy games off this forum anymore, general pin prices in this country have gone crazy IMHO :thumbs: I'll stick to Europe and games from people I know which never see the light of day on here :)

And this is why I don't buy games off this forum anymore, general pin prices in this country have gone crazy IMHO :thumbs: I'll stick to Europe and games from people I know which never see the light of day on here :)

I do think there are some crazy prices on some machines. TWD Pro goes for about £4.5K (?) and its a sought after game but then I see two WhiteWater's on the forum both at 4K each! And they aren't that rare?

Cheers,
Neil.

Indeed I paid 3500 for mine feels like a bargain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

£2k is now the new £1200:( (I remember when £1.2k become the new standard rather than £800 for decent games). It's getting so that anything below £1800 is considered cheap but even that doesn't seem to be encouraging games to be sold on. (Although I grabbed the first JP I saw up for sale in years on here only to see another 2 stuck up for sale in the following weeks. Sorry guys think I helped fuel that price rise:oops:)

Well .....a 2K BSD, a title often in demand, just finished with zero bids unsold on ebay.

But games have their 'moments' as we all know. Right now Fish Tales and WH20 are punching above their weight price wise.

Any day now Popeye will be busting thru the 2k ceiling :D

Back
Top Bottom