What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Getaway on Better call Saul

Rus121

Site Supporter
Anyone else notice this? There's a guy playing it at 14:20, but something is wrong. So very, very wrong......

Lol, yeah,, watched it on netflix so it gave me the countdown time instead of actual time. I guess ZZ top didn't suit the scene....haha

Is this a similar case to an 80's film (Uncle Buck? King Ralph?) that my sometime colleague Clive told me about? A Pin-Bot was seen/heard being played, even with character dialogue "I got a replay..". However, a glimpse of the displays showed the digits '00', as when the game was booted up and left in Attract Mode

Often in telly soaps the fruit machine(s) visible in bar scenes aren't actually running, but in a 'door open' state, so that roughly half the lamps remain lit steadily, alternating to the other half on a long interval to provide light inside for techs while preventing overheat damage to the vac-form plastics holding the lamps

Was watching it and the conversation went down like this.

"Oh a Getaway."

"How can you tell what it is from that?"

"I can see the playfield, also the noises are wrong. They always do that. Also remember I had one?"

The Yankees do always seem to use e/m sounds, don't they? The only time that I recall hearing a machines' proper audio was in an Argentine film where a Williams Flash in a café scene had the right sound effects

A combination of licensing and expectations I suspect.

Much easier (cheaper) to use em pinball noises than licensed music from pins. Also the general public expect a pinball to make pinball noises, mainly because that what they hear on tv and the movies :suspect:

Better Call Saul is the best thing I have seen on TV right now, by a margin. I almost gave up on the first season after a couple of shows as it seemed so pedestrian compared to Breaking Bad.

'er indoors watches virtually zero TV, but binges this.

The person I know that watches the most TV rates this as the best show right now too.

It's not quite as good as Breaking Bad, but it's got me hooked.

Even though they all look 10 years older o_O, guess they don't have enough makeup for that.

Looking forward to the season finale on Tuesday, very tense what will happen to the Germans? Let's hope they don't make a mess of Getaway.

Back
Top Bottom