What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted The Addams Family Gold

One last thing is beware of imaginations. You can get TAFG Cabinet decals, reproduced Certificates and Plaques. You can spot the reproductions due to slight variances. Don't think you can get reproduction Gold Manuals
This is my TAFG- repro cabinet & decals, gold trim is new.. playfield, Certificate, Manual & documentation & plaque original.. but not ALL original.. does that detract from the value!? Depends on the person
View attachment 52484 View attachment 52485
Very nice :)

On the subject of reproductions - let's say I found a Gold edition in the States (I'm aware of the implications of customs duty & VAT) and it looks genuine from the photos (including the red carpet), but has an reproduced certificate and no gold cover manual - should that automatically make it significantly or reasonably lower value than a 100% original one?

Also mods - any chance of this thread being moved to the Machines For Sale/Wanted subforum please :)

Depends how patient you are as it's pretty likely TAF will re-made in the next year or two.

But that will be around £8k plus NIB.

They’re working their way through the most sought after Williams / Bally titles.
Medieval Madness, Attack From Mars so far...
And rumoured next is Monster Bash, followed by Cactus Canyon, Addams Family, maybe White Water (just speculating here).

Note: some playfield differences aswell. In the later gold editions - carpet pattern is 1 of them.

That's interesting Dave, I didn't know that, do you have photo examples of standard and gold ones you could show for comparison?

I had Will's TAFG here for a while before it went to Oz. It had a duplicate certificate but when you compared it to my original the colours were terrible. It's the only repro I have seen so I don't know if they are all like that.

Out of interest , which gaming expo did you play TAF?

Its seems eBay prices drop when a few machines come on at once however it does seem to be the one game always in demand

Like any machines buy it to enjoy it . if it holds value or gains all the better

Out of interest , which gaming expo did you play TAF?

Its seems eBay prices drop when a few machines come on at once however it does seem to be the one game always in demand

Like any machines buy it to enjoy it . if it holds value or gains all the better
The show was called EGX and was held at the Birmingham NEC recently. There was a row of pinball machines present, along with a load of retro games. We had more fun playing Addams Family than the VR stuff :)

Apologies but a bit of a loaded question as was my machines and there aren't that many retro gaming events with pins

TAF was one of only two games that survived without issue for four days

Courtney overhauled the machine last year as event organisers expect it to be there!

The cab especially backbox let it down slightly but its a workhorse not a Picasso!

Get yourself along to NLP next weekend where you will find amongst 100 plus games some excellent restored Addams plus one linked to an electric chair!

Apologies but a bit of a loaded question as was my machines and there aren't that many retro gaming events with pins

TAF was one of only two games that survived without issue for four days

Courtney overhauled the machine last year as event organisers expect it to be there!

The cab especially backbox let it down slightly but its a workhorse not a Picasso!

Get yourself along to NLP next weekend where you will find amongst 100 plus games some excellent restored Addams plus one linked to an electric chair!
I think I might have seen you sat down inbetween the machines at one point? I was going to come over and ask you if you would've been interested in selling it :D

Sorry to hear that you had some issues with them - was that simply due to the amount of use? Or were people quite abusive with them?

I fell in love with your machine at that event. First time I'd actually played TAF and after getting a few Showtimes I knew I had to have it :)

I get offers on TAF at all shows (and on other machines)

Someone did ask if I wanted to buy one .. For £6k!

Unfortunately its not for sale but they are not unobtanium

Xmas will bring them out of the woodwork

4 solid days play pushes any pinball rather than anyone being particularly aggressive

The pins are popular and just ten at such a big event means constant play

My advice would be to stay clear of a Gold Addams. It is a minefield of deceit (not on here).

Buy a standard Addams and bide your time if you still want to get a gold. One will eventually come through this forum.
Personally I think these 'limited editions' are a rip off and a waste of time. If you want to play pinball the standard model does exactly the same job.

My advice would be to stay clear of a Gold Addams. It is a minefield of deceit (not on here).

Buy a standard Addams and bide your time if you still want to get a gold. One will eventually come through this forum.
Personally I think these 'limited editions' are a rip off and a waste of time. If you want to play pinball the standard model does exactly the same job.
^^^^^ this

:)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

A standard TAF sold on ebay for around £3750 a few weeks ago so the key to getting good machines is patience..... otherwise you overpay relative to condition and disappointment quickly sets in......been there, done that many times;)

Never upgraded mine to Gold Roms and with what people are saying above, don't think I'll bother.

There are new modes/altered modes so scoring is changed a bit, the cousin it mode is different (or there is another one in addition?) and there are few more if I recall correctly
The one at Tilt earlier (maybe still there?) was a regular one with gold roms and I wondered why I got twice my 'normal' score :p
Not a fan here either....

Is there any truth to the rumour TAF will be remade? I'd imagine that licence has long since expired. AFMr and MMr were both unlicensed games

For a bit of balance, I loved my TAFG and wish I'd never sold it! I'd definitely buy another. Fake TAFGs aren't that hard to spot if you know what you're looking for

Mine came with all the bits and bobs fortunately

IMG_0119.JPG
IMG_0120.JPG

I think the biggest hurdle with getting Addams Family remade is getting the rights to use Raul Julias likeness and voice from the estate. But Farsight managed it, so its not impossible.

I think the biggest hurdle with getting Addams Family remade is getting the rights to use Raul Julias likeness and voice from the estate. But Farsight managed it, so its not impossible.
I thought it was Christopher Lloyd (Fester) that caused most pain! And he’s still alive*

*at time of writing.

There are new modes/altered modes so scoring is changed a bit, the cousin it mode is different (or there is another one in addition?) and there are few more if I recall correctly
The one at Tilt earlier (maybe still there?) was a regular one with gold roms and I wondered why I got twice my 'normal' score :p
Not a fan here either....
That was my old one which I traded with Chris B about 2-3yrs ago now. Lovely machine. It didn’t have Gold Roms when it left, I don’t like them.

Something is worth what someone will pay for it, we all know that.

Personally, I just do not get the fascination with TAF gold editions. It reminds me of Picasso's spit. His spit was rare. And he said that if he spat, someone would call it art and buy it.
  • The original ROMs used on TAF are better
  • The daft gold bits of plastic used on the Gold playfield look crude and out of place
  • The Gold version looks like the designers have just hurriedly done stuff to artificially differentiate it from the standard model
  • Plaques on pinball machines just look artificial and wrong to me. They remind me of the naff junk art that folk buy which state that the picture is number 765 out of a strictly limited edition of 1,001 prints
The only thing that I actually like about the Gold edition is the cab art. But if getting a Gold edition makes folk happy, then good for them.

I thought it was Christopher Lloyd (Fester) that caused most pain! And he’s still alive*

*at time of writing.

He didn't allow his likeness or voice to be used in the original....which makes things a lot simpler for licensing a remake :)

Something is worth what someone will pay for it, we all know that.

Personally, I just do not get the fascination with TAF gold editions. It reminds me of Picasso's spit. His spit was rare. And he said that if he spat, someone would call it art and buy it.
  • The original ROMs used on TAF are better
  • The daft gold bits of plastic used on the Gold playfield look crude and out of place
  • The Gold version looks like the designers have just hurriedly done stuff to artificially differentiate it from the standard model
  • Plaques on pinball machines just look artificial and wrong to me. They remind me of the naff junk art that folk buy which state that the picture is number 765 out of a strictly limited edition of 1,001 prints
The only thing that I actually like about the Gold edition is the cab art. But if getting a Gold edition makes folk happy, then good for them.

Agree.

I don't get the fuss about TAFG - honestly if someone just blinged up a normal TAF like that people would be horrified :rofl: - but I do understand the appeal for some people from a collectors/rarity pov.

Same reason folk will cough up thousands more for a Stern LE, when its basically the same as a Premium.

Back
Top Bottom