What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted The Addams Family Gold

theres only one thing that cant be faked on a Addams gold every thing else can be faked on one I've had two and have struggled to sell them

after seeing a gold machine I have to agree that I don't know why you'd spend the extra dollar on it; but pinball machines at the moment are a decent investment as they are holding value and slowly appreciating more than the rate of pound devaluation but thats liable to change aggressively at some stage.

There are a lot of scams out there, best bet is to always see a machine before you buy it. eBay is not bad though - best place to buy is this forum (recommend chrisb), no doubt but its not the only place - as long as you don't pay until you have it in the back of your van. I've bought 5 of my machines via eBay and not had any real problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had been speaking to a guy in Italy about a Gold, but he wants €10k and won't budge. Europe seems like it would be easier to get one (cheaper than States anyway once you factor in import duty & VAT), but Italy is still a damn long drive away and I don't have the sort of job (nor the inclination to be honest) to take several days off for a road trip with the potential to be disappointed at the end of it. Ah well.

Appreciate what people have said about TAFG - I can see why it would be marmite. I'm quite keen on one, as you can probably tell. :)

Will keep an eye on eBay etc and here and maybe a regular refurbished one will come up for a sensible price.

Its not marmite. That would require that it comes down to taste rather than logic. What you have is a jar of Marmite with a different coloured lid and double the price tag. Makes no sense. At least with Stern limited editions you get some added mechanical gameplay functions to justify the added $$$$

I'd be very wary about buying from Italy, lots of challenges on credit card security in that location.

Just a heads up to say that I've put this on the backburner for the moment. Will probably end up buying a regular TAF instead and simply wait until a TAFG comes on the market, as suggested earlier.

In the meantime I've scratched my itch by buying a mint Twilight Zone .. what a machine (although I'm pretty bad at it)

I think it will happen at some point. As Roger Sharpe said on one of the pod casts " any licence is possible". Also, as mentioned, Farsight did it so I think it might be the next one after Monster Bash.

Back
Top Bottom