What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2018 Festive Pinball Gathering

Moonraker

Site Supporter
FRIDAY 14th, SATURDAY 15th & SUNDAY 16th DECEMBER 2018
Cost
: Friday evening social - £5 per person; £3 for children under 16. Time: 18:30 - 22:00.
Festive Classics tournament - £10 per person; £6 for children under 16.
Main tournament - £10 per person, £6 for children under 16.

SATURDAY 15th DECEMBER, 11:30-19:00
Festive Classics
Format
: Head-to-head play; Five Strike Knockout on the classic games.
Note: There will be no practice on machines in the Classic tournaments but you are free to practice on any other machines.
Registration 11:30 am for 12 noon start.

The classic line up is as follows (subject to serviceability):
Black Belt
Dark Shadow
Fathom
Fire Power
Genesis
Gorgar
Pink Panther
Seawitch
Space Hawks
Spirit

SUNDAY 16th DECEMBER, 11:00-18:00 (qualifying 11:00-15:00)
Main tournament
Format
: Play two qualification games on eight machines of your choice. The top 16 qualify (or even numbered just less than 50% if less than 32 players) for head-to-head play consisting of best of five games.

The main tournament line up is as follows (subject to serviceability):
Attack From Mars
Catcus Canyon Continued
Junkyard
Medieval Madness
Metallica Master Of The Puppets LE
Monster Bash
Pinball Magic
Scared Stiff
Star Wars LE
Terminator 2
The Simpsons Pinball Party
Theatre Of Magic
Transformers Combo LE
Tron: Legacy
Twilight Zone (3rd Magnet Installed)
Whitewater
And possibly some classic machines listed above.

REGISTRATION
Please say below or email peter@specialwhenlit.co.uk to confirm you place. State which day or both days.

Social visits are welcome but no classic play possible on Saturday during the tournament and you may be asked to vacate a machine on Sunday if tournament players require it. Social visit cost is £10 per person, £5 for children under 16.

Address: Unit 5, Loyal Trade Business Park, Stephenson Road, Salisbury SP2 7NS.

A map and directions can be found here:
http://www.specialwhenlit.co.uk/location.php

These are not for profit events for supporters of Special When Lit that help raise funds to keep Special When Lit open.

I forgot to say that we have the unique Moira Ross original hand carved stone trophies for the top 4 in the classics on Saturday, the usual cups for the main tournament on Sunday for the top 4 plus one for best lady and one for best junior.

Dis-like on the kids missing out...! :(
They've got a dance show that they are putting on, that they've been rehearsing for months so can't get out of it. They were gutted as well.

They are happy that they will still be able to beat me in comps in Dec though, they're at flip out this weekend and the cracker at Terry's. Hopefully I'll beat at least one of them... ;)

A very big thank you to those who attended yesterday for a great days pinball action! :clap:

To make it WPPR worthwhile the classics ended up being 8 strikes and out. It went down to the wire with the last 4 people all having 1 life remaining. Final result after everyone played the final game on Pink Panther was:

1. Peter Blakemore
2. Nick Hamill
3. David Mainwaring
4. Ivan Miles

I will provide the full results later.

Part 2 today, the main event. It's not too late to attend if you wish. Qualifying is between 11:00 and 15:00. :thumbs:

Really good fun yesterday. There were some really close games and it couldn't have been closer at the end with 5 of the final 6 down to 1 life, which then meant the final 4 all only had one life.

Thanks to Peter, Moira and Hillary for hosting.

Another great day of pinball today.

I managed to qualify in 4th. Really happy with that.

The dream of a trophy didn't last long though with @Nickoss II knocking me out. Again. :mad::) I'll get you get you next time Nick!!

Thanks again to Peter, Moira and Hillary for hosting a great day.

What a great weekend of pinball, thank you for everyone's continued support. :clap:

Here are the results for the Main Tournament:
1,Greg Mott
2,Peter Blakemore
3,David Mainwaring
4,Nick Hamill
5,Sam McCourt
6,Dan Lewell
6,Neil McRae
6,James Watson
9,Kevin Donovan
10,Nick Baxter-Sibley
11,Hilary Hector
12,Lynda Willcox
13,Chris Foster
14,Tim Slow
15,Dave Willcox
16,Luke Grayson
17,Moira Ross

Classics:
1,Peter Blakemore
2,Nick Hamill
3,David Mainwaring
4,Ivan Miles
5,Nick Hill
5,Kevin Donovan
7,Lynda Willcox
8,Dan Lewell
9,Dave Willcox
10,Keith Burden
10,Chris Foster
12,Greg Mott
12,Jack Burden
14,James Watson
15,Moira Ross
16,Jason Webber
17,Hilary Hector

Last edited:
Thanks also from myself and Lynda. We had to leave earlier on Sunday due to Severn Bridge closure at 7pm.
Also, it was agreed that we could award the Dave Rolfe Memorial shield to the Classics winner on Saturday (as no Welsh Cup in 2018)
The winner was Peter Blakemore and the shield will be engraved and passed onto Peter at Woking on the 30th of December.

Dave

congrats Greg! well deserved as you played very well!

One question though, those that didn't win in the first final- how have they been placed? I'd have thought there should be four 5th played players?

Back
Top Bottom