What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2012 Festive Pinball Gathering 7th, 8th & 9th December

Moonraker

Site Supporter
Dear All,

I am pleased to announce that this year's Festive Pinball Gathering will be held on Friday 7th, Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th December.

Friday 7[SUP]th[/SUP]:

Open 6.30pm to 10pm. Social gathering on Friday night for those who want an early start to the weekend. Normal Special When Lit entry fee applies: £5 per person, £3 for children under 16, free for children aged 10 and under.

Saturday 8th:

Open noon to 6pm. The Second Festive Classics will be held on Saturday in conjunction with/alongside the Special When Lit League. Both the Classics and League are open for everyone to play in.

For those who don't feel competitive and would rather not participate in the League and/or the Classics then all remaining machines will be available to play. Normal Special When Lit entry fee applies: £5 per person, £3 for children under 16, free for children aged 10 and under.

For the Classics, 5 machines will be used with the top 3 qualifiers on each machine (plus the next best attempt – the 5 fourth places will be checked for percentage nearest the third place and the lowest will qualify) progressing to the knock-out stage. Trophies will be presented to the overall top 4 players. Normal side tournament (50%) WPPR points apply.

For the League, 6 machines will be randomly selected. The League will start at 2.30pm, the classic finals will start on completion of the league games around 5pm. Normal WPPR league points will apply to those who are not part of another local league (the national/regional organised UK Pinball League is separate and players in that league can attend and participate in any local league).

Cost:

Classics – 50p per qualifying attempt per person; unlimited qualifying attempts allowed until 2.30pm. Any game in progress at 2.30pm will count on completion.

League – £5 per person, £3 for children under 16, free for children aged 10 and under.

Sunday 9th:

Open 11am until 6pm. For those competing in the Festive Pinball Gathering Tournament, the competition starts noon. Please note that those competing will have priority on machines over anyone else attending during the competition. The competition is organised by Pinball News and a certain Martin Ayub. The tournament format will be qualifying games followed by knock-out rounds to determine the finalists. Trophies will be presented to the top 4 players, plus one for best female and one for best junior under 16 years old. Normal WPPR tournament points apply.

Cost:

£5 per person, £3 for children under 16, free for children aged 10 and under.

The venue address is: Special When Lit, Unit 6, Loyal Trade Business Park, Stephenson Road, Salisbury SP2 7NS.

Follow the signs for Churchfields Industrial Estate. The venue is in a little enclave away from the road immediately after a Glass company showroom, which is found on the corner of Stephenson Road and Churchfield Road (Scats can be seen on the other corner).

The website can be found at:
http://www.specialwhenlit.co.uk/events.html

A final line up of 16 machines will be announced nearer the time but will probably include the following (subject to availability/serviceability):

Attack From Mars
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Dr Who
Fire Mountain
Genesis
Junk Yard
Pink Panther
Space Hawks
Spirit
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Shadow
Theatre of Magic
Tron: Legacy
Twilight Zone

Other useful information:

Parking is available outside the unit, visitors are asked to park sensibly to allow easy access for everyone. Once the compound is full, parking can be by the edge of the road on Stephenson Road (if you view the satellite photo on google maps you will see what I mean).

Lots and lots of accommodation available in and around Salisbury. www.laterooms.com list hotels from £40; B&B's can be found using Google searching for B&B near SP2 7NS. There is a Premier Inn a couple of miles from the centre and just under 3 miles from the venue.
Shops are just over 5 min walk away. In fact most of the centre of Salisbury can be reached in 10 minutes or so on foot.
Transport wise, a good road network from almost any direction, Railway Station 5 mins away (Waterloo to Salisbury train takes 90 mins, Bristol to Salisbury at a tad over 90 mins). National express coaches arrival point 10 mins away. Bournemouth and Southampton airports 40 mins away by car.

Pub wise Salisbury has one of the highest concentration of pubs per square mile in the country…
Any questions just ask :rockon:

MM add to the play list... ☮️

Junk Yard likely to be swapped for Champion Pub before the meet unless there's lots of objections!!! :peep:

Mooseman and I will be in attendance on Saturday. We will be biking over from my place, which will brave in the middle of December. 🍵

Final line-up for this weekend is looking like this:
Attack From Mars
Bram Stoker's Dracula (Currently has a problem, hope to have fixed by Friday)
Congo
Dr Who
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

Fire Mountain
Genesis
Junk Yard
Medieval Madness

Pink Panther
Space Hawks
Spirit
Theatre of Magic
Tron: Legacy
Twilight Zone (3 magnet version)

Reserve machine (held at another location and not available for use over the weekend unless required): No Fear

Bikes may be out but really looking forward to this.
Good line up of machines. Please have BSD fixed as I want to play it some more, nice also to get some plays on MSF.

Yeah, it's a bit cold for biking in this weather !

BSD has a switch problem which means it can't detect when the start button is pressed ! :doh:

I can't make it, Have been told this weekend is tree and dec's so for a quite easy life its gotta be.
Have fun and lets see more of the big names further down the results table.

I might be able to make the Sunday but it would be a last minute call. Do you have to pre-register for the tournament or could I just turn up and play in it if I can get down there?

I can bring my own switch if that helps, I have a blue one spare. ;)

Thanks for the offer but the switch itself is fine (coz I replaced it already with one from a working game).

It is either a board issue or wiring issue, just not had the time to find out which...! :frusty:

I might be able to make the Sunday but it would be a last minute call. Do you have to pre-register for the tournament or could I just turn up and play in it if I can get down there?

That's great news. :welcome: You can turn up and play. I will only get worried if we end up with more than 50 people! :eyebrows: The pre-registration is to help gauge numbers for nibbles and drinks... 🍵

Oh and a reminder that this is a not for profit event (run at a large-ish loss thanks to previous arguements about charging £10 for the Sunday), anything that even remotely looks like a profit will be put back in to Special When Lit to help keep it open to the public.

All being well the Saturday night meal will be at a all that you can eat Chinese. :party:

On the weather fron there is no snow at the moment and none is expected in Salisbury.

This non-existant snow still managed to get Ad's flight from NL to Bristol cancelled (flying in on Saturday instead)...! :scared:

Back
Top Bottom