What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks

skweek

Registered
I've already posted this in the proper thanks thread but I think this deserves it's own thread as It's a topic that does actually need further discussion.

Thank you all for pulling me round, I did ask @Paul for a copy of the thread and most people were lovely and some people just don't understand and that's perfectly fine.

This might not be the place for this but it is important to talk about these things be it mental health, physical health, what someone said to you on the street, a really bad sandwich you bought for lunch and was rubbish and you've only got 5 minutes left on your lunch break, all those insects you've accidentally or intentionally killed (bugs 4 life yo, especially the brain bug, I'M DOING MY PART) etc.

It's good to talk,
(sorry, they're a good set of adverts and I'm quite a connoisseur of adverts)

Anyway, this is hard to put without sounding misogynistic but it's not that. The pinball world is mostly male and "Central Statistics Office (CSO) publish suicide data for ROI here. Data from 2020 is the latest 'official' data released by the Central Statistics Office. The following figures are accurate as of 26 May 2023: 465 people died by suicide in 2020 - 338 males (73%) and 127 females (27%)"

And this is not a debate about men v women etc in pinball, this is just a thing about wellbeing. I have had a tough time both mentally and physically my entire life so I know what it's like. Just think we should all take a step back and care for each other a little bit more instead of instantly snapping at each other. Guess the whole world could do with that.

But if you're feeling low and you've no place to go you can talk to people, that's why I reached out on here and had such an overwhelming response. (and yes that was a paraphrase of Downtown by Petula Clark)

I guess I'm signposting as there is a lot of help out there but what's more important is a group of friends and people you can talk to and things to do and see.

I guess what I'm trying to say is maybe we should have a general wellbeing/mental/physical thread (because I know I've really hurt myself doing pinball moving and stuff)

Gah I've just done an essay.

Feel free to delete/lock/block/ban or whatever, nevermind.

In the meantime (
which samples
)

STAY COOL GANG. (Everyone that has ever flipped a ball is in pinball gang whether they like it or not)

Sorry but some things have to be said and now I'm doing this thing. https://x.com/caitlinmoran/status/1719743196345864452?s=20

The rest isn't though, just makes it all look dumb and unformatted. BOOO!

Still makes sense and who doesn't like a bit of unexpected code, well apart from most servers etc.

Anyway, serious thread be good skweek and shut the **** up!

Back
Top Bottom