What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank You.

A big thanks to Keith at New Forest Pinball for sorting my STTNG cannon rotating LEDs. Can’t wait to install them [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big thanks once again to Sean @ Pinball Palace http://www.pinballpalace.co.uk/index.htm

I had a board issue and Sean has gone above and beyond to help me out :clap:

I sometimes think Sean is one of the unsung heroes of the UK scene as he keeps a relatively low social media profile.

Our younger viewers might be interested to know that it was Sean that kickstarted the current UK Show scene really with the Pinball Extravaganza shows down in Margate in 2004 and 2005. At that time there were NO pinball shows/big meets in the UK.

I have fond memories of 2005, it was my first proper pinball Show, I met Nick from Pins Anon and Martin Ayub for the first time, played a ton of games I had never played before. Happy days.

I have some photos somewhere I'll dig out, but here is the PN report.

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/extravaganza2005/

Keith already fitted the 12v to 6v converter to the LED and then to cannon.

All I need to do is fit cannon and connect to 12v motor - is that what you need to see ?

I could do with an A-Z of fitting them as I honestly don't have a clue how to get them wired up!

I could do with an A-Z of fitting them as I honestly don't have a clue how to get them wired up!

I can only help with the easy bit, connecting them to the motors. New forest pinball do a 12v to 6v converter that is wired to the LED so that it can be run from the motors.
I tried just connecting them to the existing bulb socket but they wouldn’t rotate.

I can only help with the easy bit, connecting them to the motors. New forest pinball do a 12v to 6v converter that is wired to the LED so that it can be run from the motors.
I tried just connecting them to the existing bulb socket but they wouldn’t rotate.

Ahh ok thanks mate, did you sent the leds to Keith or did he send you the bits? I'll pm him and see what the crack is....cant wait to get them in and working....cheers

Thanks once again to @chris b for another superb game purchase. Game is always as described with Chris (he even threw in a freebie or two :clap:).
Top pinball supplier. I only have one gripe with him. He keeps emptying my bathroom fund ! :rofl:

Beautiful condition game delivered two days after I said I’d have it.

6F4082E5-1607-4D24-8A9F-9F703847F7FD.jpeg

Thanks once again to @chris b for another superb game purchase. Game is always as described with Chris (he even threw in a freebie or two :clap:).
Top pinball supplier. I only have one gripe with him. He keeps emptying my bathroom fund ! :rofl:

Beautiful condition game delivered two days after I said I’d have it.

View attachment 55860
That grand champion score is very intimidating :oops:

That grand champion score is very intimidating :oops:
Is that good mate ?
I’ve had 100 million on a knackered unlevel game in a Disney Hotel.
The problem with high scores on games you buy is you never know how it was achieved. It could have been on 5 balls.

Is that good mate ?
I’ve had 100 million on a knackered unlevel game in a Disney Hotel.
The problem with high scores on games you buy is you never know how it was achieved. It could have been on 5 balls.
200m is pretty good, yes. Anything over 100m is decent. My best is probably only 120-130m, but that's no benchmark as i'm crap and get easily distracted by the pretty colours.

Looking on Pinside, 200m is a top 20ish score (appreciate they all vary in settings and set-up).

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/tron/scores/1

Its been a bit of a crazy week for me, adding 4 pins to my collection. I havent purchased one in 3 years and then 4 all come at once!

I wanted to post a huge thank you to @chris b for the super mint WH20, its an absolute masterpiece and it takes pride of place!

Also a big thank you to @cooldan for selling me his SS. A pin I loved playing in my teens and I'm over the moon to finally get one in.

The forum members and community is absolutely great and I would say almost unique in just how friendly and helpful everyone is.

Now back to earning some more money to fund my next one!

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Chris B who I collected my new Centaur from on Friday, a good guy who couldn’t have been more helpful ( and the machine is better than I hoped it would be)

Happy Christmas everyone

Thanks to Chris b for opening his house up to let a few of us into play GOTG and the JJP POTC this evening. Very enjoyable evening, with some good people and a couple of regulars missing, who were missed. Big thanks also to Phil P for letting us enjoy pirates and Lee Riley for letting us play his GOTG LE. Really enjoyed GOTG, POTC looks like it could shape up nicely, but a bit too early to tell with the code.

A big thank you to NLP for the flowers sent. still finding it so hard to believe that shes not here physically but still feeling her here with me in spirit. x

Many thanks to @Spadge for inviting myself and Clare down to his place tonight to marvel and ogle and play the most fabulous collection of pinball machines I have ever seen. The quality of Marytn's machines and his level of skill in modding and the perfect quality of the finishes is just breathtaking. It was an absolute honour and a real pleasure, and a great inspiration too. I'm too excited to sleep now.....:)

Many thanks to @Spadge for inviting myself and Clare down to his place tonight to marvel and ogle and play the most fabulous collection of pinball machines I have ever seen. The quality of Marytn's machines and his level of skill in modding and the perfect quality of the finishes is just breathtaking. It was an absolute honour and a real pleasure, and a great inspiration too. I'm too excited to sleep now.....:)

Thanks mate, you’re both very welcome to pop in anytime. As I told you, my machines are nice, but I do know of a better group of machines local :) which keeps me going (as well as a never ending number of new mods).

I’m quite envious in a way that you’re just starting out as the tracking down, buying, collecting and subsequent improving machines was a source of great joy for me.

Welcome to pinball both of you and I’ll be interested to hear of your extensions to house more pins - you know that’s going to happen!

Be interesting to see which you decide on!

A very big thank you to @DAD for hosting yesterday's Northern Pinball League - it was our first event and Clare and I thoroughly enjoyed the day, made to feel so welcome, lots of friendly people, brilliant food and even better pins to play. Just need more practice..........

Back
Top Bottom