What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texas Pinball Festival 2024! The British Invasion !

Thanks for all the content from this, did any of you manage to bring back anything cool?

Thanks for all the photos and comments on the event and machines, looks an awesome event I would like to attend one year.

I have been following lots and lots of videos and comments on the event over the weekend. Even from here in the UK it appears that Spooky and the Homebrew guys are on top form.

Nice to see your thoughts on everything, Eight Ball Beyond looks incredible I sure hope this gets a production run also. Good to see some new footage on this stunning machine also, Neils 5min video below just incase some of the others here in the UK have not seen this beauty,

I'd like to add my thanks for all the content posted here ; much appreciated.

What's the current sentiment on the P3 games ?

I'd like to add my thanks for all the content posted here ; much appreciated.

What's the current sentiment on the P3 games ?
The engineering is great. They are very clever and innovative.

The extra buttons needed for the upper flippers was strange to use.
The wall that comes up on The Princess Bride was a really cool feature. But overall would I personally want to own a P3, no.

Last edited:
That's what I came here to ask. 🙂
I played them all and my take.

The Good
Super nice quality build with great engineering, love the translite that’s the monitor and wouldn’t be surprised if Stern don't copy for Spike3.

The translite is kinda the speaker panel and works as it’s all lit up and looks like 6in speakers in there.

PF is kinda strange to get used too but it displays shots and modes which is super nice and saves you looking up.

Princess Bride was defo their best with 4 flippers and cool mech. Also the code was great with lots of the movie quotes and cracking one liners.
One mode was the left handed swordsman and you had to play on the left 2 buttons as it disconnects the right one. Super cool idea loved it.

Art on point and armour and topper beautiful on LE and the whole package looked super nice.

The not so great
Flippers have different feel I couldn’t get used too along with 3 buttons on a raised triangle platform made it awkward.

Playfield just has a wide open feel and messed with my OCD around the in and outlanes.

In a nutshell a great idea but the execution has its drawbacks.
I also couldn’t be ****d to swap a playfield over but maybe if you limited to space that might be an option for some but considering PB add on was 3750 I’d rather have a classic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom