What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Testing flasher PCBs

Durzel

Registered
The cloud flashers on my TAF are very temperamental, I have changed the bulbs to LEDs but they seem to stop working for no apparent reason.

Currently only 1 of the 3 work.

They are installed in those large twist sockets that screw into a mini PCB in each of the three lamp positions.

I'm going to buy new lamp sockets as I think they are original and look a bit worn, but is there anything I can do to test whether the PCBs are working correctly and aren't worn themselves?

All other flashers in the game work without issue.

It’s most likely the holders. Flip the wires on the lamps to the opposite sides. Then it’ll pick up the side of the socket that has never been used.

Dumb question..

Do you mean the wires that are soldered to the PCBs?

Or the wires on the flasher bulbs? I think they only work in one direction? (is that normal?)

Thanks. Not sure what you mean about flipping the wires to the other side. Will buy some new holders and see if that resolves.

(I couldn't find them on your website by the way, the Google search link went to a 404 page)

Edit: Found them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom