What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylor Hawkins - RIP

Truly sad news. As if we haven't had enough recently. Amazing drummer and really nice guy by all accounts. Have seen the Foo Fighters numerous times and was one of the first dates with my wife when we saw them at Earls Court. Had tickets to see them in the summer 😔

Saw the foos at their first ever uk festival appearance, reading 95, on the melody maker stage.
Was absolute carnage, as literally thousands of people tried to pack into a big top tent. They had to pause playing a couple of times, as people we’re getting crushed at the front.
The promoters, totally underestimated how popular, the nirvana drummers new band would be !

Truly gutted. Never got to see them live, which was on the bucket list. I don't see how they can continue after this. Taylor was such a positive force in the band.

We were only just playing their songs to the kids last night driving up to sandbach 😢

Reactions: PAX
Saw the foos at their first ever uk festival appearance, reading 95, on the melody maker stage.
Was absolute carnage, as literally thousands of people tried to pack into a big top tent. They had to pause playing a couple of times, as people we’re getting crushed at the front.
The promoters, totally underestimated how popular, the nirvana drummers new band would be !
I was there in 95 it was mad. I remember people climbing the tent supports to get a better view and the security not able to get them down. The crush was was really bad, but not as bad as Pearljam at Brixton. Still not sure how I managed to get out of that one.

I was there in 95 it was mad. I remember people climbing the tent supports to get a better view and the security not able to get them down. The crush was was really bad, but not as bad as Pearljam at Brixton. Still not sure how I managed to get out of that one.
I forgot about the people climbing the tent supports !
worst crush I ever experienced, was at the front for rage against the machine ( reading 93 ) , only time at a concert I was genuinely scared for my my life, only way out was up, across peoples heads
lost both trainers, and t shirt ripped to shreds 🤣
oh how I miss reading festival in the 90s, amazing times

I was lucky enough to be right at the front for Nirvana at Reading in 1992. Was also there for Rage in 1993. Public Enemy Headlined the Saturday night at Reading in 92 and Chuck D did a big thing about "Lets make it rain" and that night the festival site literally flooded due to torrential rain.

Fast forward to 2017 and I was right at the front for a Prophets of Rage show with Chuck D and I just typed "Make it rain Reading 92" on my phone and held it up. He lent forward to read it and had to stop singing as he burst out laughing 😆

Was also at the front for nirvana, it was my first festival, I was a raver before that, within weeks of reading 92, I was growing my hair, wearing doctor Martin’s, and wishing I lived in Seattle, grunge had got me ! 🤣

Just awful news. Have seen these guys a few times and it's always a great show. Taylor and Dave on stage together are amazing, you can see the love and respect they have for each other. Gonna be so tough for the rest of the band.
We've lost too many over the years, Kurt, Andrew Wood, Layne, Scott Weiland, Chester, Chris Cornell, Mark Lanegan, to name just a few, and now Taylor. RIP keep smashing those skins with Bonham

Just an awesome guy. Never realised his roots went back in a big way to RT....

Thanks for posting that @DRD 👍

I have soft deleted a lot of posts where this thread went rudely off topic but to ensure it was all removed, I also had to remove a few that were supportive or sensible. Please take no offence but they wouldn't make sense if I left them.

Last edited:
Now we're back on track, I saw the Foo Fighters in 2009 (I might be out by a year) at Wembley Stadium, they were excellent. I remember Taylor Hawkins did this unbelievable drum solo and I remember the hairs on the back of my neck standing to attention. When he finished and the whole stadium erupted. Still one of the best concerts I've been to.

Back
Top Bottom