What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Taxi Refurb

Spandangler

Site Supporter
Hi guys
Well, it's been an emotional journey. It's been a couple of years in the making and cost me more than I care to discuss:eek:
But we've finally arrived at this thread.
I'd love to take the credit for this but I can't. All work is being done by Matt Adams. He's kindly supplying me with step by step pics and vids of the restore. The vids will be uploaded on to Tatty Adams YouTube channel, so be sure to tune in and see the project develop.

Taxi for me personifies pinball. It's Americana, it's 1980's, it's my childhood era, it's steaming man hole covers in NYC!!! I love the art, the simplicity, the challenge the game throws up, the music and sounds. And that to me is priceless.
To say I'm excited about this is an understatement. I feel like a customer on Ricks Restorations!

Once complete it will have:
New CPR repro pf
New CPR repro back glass
New departure ramp
New cab decals
And all the obvious new bits like pop bumper parts, rubbers, bulbs, posts etc...
And loads more stuff to boot.

So here are a few pics of the tear down.

image.jpg

I've decided to keep the original coin door as it has a cool embossed Williams logo between the coin slots which I've never seen before and I think it's kinda cool. So gonna paint it and leave it at that, it's not dented so I'm happy with that.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

So that's where we are at . I'll keep you posted.:clap:

Looking forward to seeing this take shape. So good to see a system 11 get the full treatment. It's so rare as you can't get everything.for a system 11 machine so this is a one off. I bet you are mega excited about this taking shape Gaz, I will be watching close cause it's not everyday you see a Taxi getting the full makeover.
Bring it on.

As Daz has said it is a rare treat to see a System 11 game getting the high end refurb work that is normally only reserved for the likes of AFM's and MM's :thumbs:
Can't wait to see this beauty take shape and it's going to look the nuts when done.
Playing a game or two would be a real treat once it's done, I can see a trip down to yours on the cards Gaz.

Last edited:
Filled and ready for paint and decals.
Believe it or not it's glassy smooth, just shows how many imperfections there were.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

What did you fill it with? I see a BIG tub on the floor, but there's a lot of Kingspan and carc lying around, so I'm guessing that's plaster for a separate building job? A huge pinshack maybe? ;)

Yeah it's not me doing the work and it's not my building I'm afraid. I just post the pics

Last edited:
Hi guy's its just 2 part filler (either wood filler or car body filler) and I put a coat of drywall joint filler (the big tub Nedreud spotted, I use it at work) as a final coat as this sands down super fine and takes any little imperfections out, its amazing how "wavy" the ply is on this cab! The Arcade is coming on, just finished wiring it and started the studwork! Really enjoying doing this Taxi for Gaz, nice to spend some time on an older game that people wouldn't normally invest the £ in :)

All done. I can't wait to see it. All those going to Matts in a couple of weeks will see it and play it. Unfortunately I can't make it. Be gentle with her :)

Matt has documented his work here. The blokes a bloody legend.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Cheers luke. I reckon I'll go get it early Jan. I'm chomping at the bit to go and get it but my game rooms a store room at the moment and I'm currently driving a thousand miles a week so I don't even wanna see a car at the weekend at the moment!!

Back
Top Bottom