What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete TAF

Can I be cheeky and ask if you have an LED list for the game? (inserts, GI, flashers). Mine has LEDs but they are kinda funky ones which I'm not totally sold on, want to get ones that are NOT non-ghosting because I intend to fit a GI and LED OCD board. I asked Comet but they don't give out a list even though they sell a kit (fair enough I suppose).

Sure mate. I’ll do it tomorrow. They are all comet LEDS. A mix of warm and natural white for the GI and colour matched inserts. I just need to find out the types. I think it was their mixed bag which they sell

Looks fantastic. Good luck with the extension too - I'm right at the pointy end of one now, and the DUST...

Also @Spandangler while I remember.. since you've had the ramp off and done the lights, the flasher above the train - do you happen to know if that white cap is riveted on, screwed or one of those twist ones? For some reason the one on mine is yellow (?).. have seen a couple of others that are yellow but I don't know why that is.. pretty sure it should be white.

Cheers. That's going to be a pain to put right, as I can't rivet. Interestingly I can't find anywhere in the manual where it says what colour that flasher is supposed to be, only that there is a flasher there.

Last edited:
Great job @Spandangler!
While your both on I see you’ve both LED’ed the Playfield I thought i’d Read somewhere about the showtime glow? With indacesants being missed with the LED’s or are you ok if you use comet ones? It’s a job on my to do list and advice welcomed

Great job @Spandangler!
While your both on I see you’ve both LED’ed the Playfield I thought i’d Read somewhere about the showtime glow? With indacesants being missed with the LED’s or are you ok if you use comet ones? It’s a job on my to do list and advice welcomed
Showtime is a buildup of GI dimming, with LEDs it will strobe like crazy without the GI OCD board.

I’ve never played it with leds but yeah I’m guessing the effect will be lost. Maybe one day I’ll purchase one of those OCD boards.

Thanks.
Here you go @Durzel this is typical of the insert leds used

View attachment 74207
Thanks. Do you happen to have a full list of the ones you bought? Saves me having to try and add them all up myself. Comet told me earlier that GI is mostly #47 with some #555, inserts a mix of both again, and even flashers are #906 and #89?

I don't know why it's so hard to find a list online :(

No mate I literally bought their big bag of randomness. Says it typically includes enough leds to do a whole machine

Gaz dude - you have done a cracking job on this one (hindered by me not getting off my rear and digging for a few things you asked for - sorry :( )..

If you are missing anything still, let me know and i'll have a dig on the weekend when i get back...

Sorreee :(

Paul

Thanks Paul. Don’t worry, life gets in the way sometimes, I’m sorted i think. Unless you have any spare plastics. In particular the insects (I’m missing one from the wire form think it’s a dragonfly or something) and the Wednesday one which over hangs the blue targets from the pop bumper.

Thanks Paul. Don’t worry, life gets in the way sometimes, I’m sorted i think. Unless you have any spare plastics. In particular the insects (I’m missing one from the wire form think it’s a dragonfly or something) and the Wednesday one which over hangs the blue targets from the pop bumper.

Have a few... pm me with exactly what you are after and i'll take a look :)

They'll probably put a kit together for you - I would ask them. Can't remember whether comet do or not though...
Comet have a kit, but it's a non-ghosting one which I presume almost all of their customers would want. I have a pair of GI and LED OCD boards that has been sat there for months and was hoping to use them, and it works better with "cheap" bulbs. I have LEDs already in my TAF, but they are kinda funky.

Comet won't tell me what their kit includes, because it has taken time to compile it (their words). I don't suppose I can moan too much about it because I could just take their list and buy stuff elsewhere, but it does make my life needlessly complicated.

Comet have a kit, but it's a non-ghosting one which I presume almost all of their customers would want. I have a pair of GI and LED OCD boards that has been sat there for months and was hoping to use them, and it works better with "cheap" bulbs. I have LEDs already in my TAF, but they are kinda funky.

Comet won't tell me what their kit includes, because it has taken time to compile it (their words). I don't suppose I can moan too much about it because I could just take their list and buy stuff elsewhere, but it does make my life needlessly complicated.

Can u not just ask them to do u a set with standard leds

Should be able to make a list from this...

Attachments

• the_addams_family_noflix (1).pdf
    947.8 KB · Views: 6
I have a pair of GI and LED OCD boards that has been sat there for months and was hoping to use them, and it works better with "cheap" bulbs.

I have a pair (LEDOCD and GIOCD) Ready to go in my TAF once i have ironed out any issues with it... problem at the moment is just finding the time :(

Should be able to make a list from this...
Cheers. I tried to download that myself from pinball.center but for some reason it didn't work ("order" went through, but it never appeared for me to download).

Regards GI (which isn't in this document) - is this almost all #44 bayonet? Comet say there are #555 wedge ones, but not how many..
Likewise flashers - I presumed they would all be #906 wedge, but Comet say there are also #89 bayonet ones. I can't think for the life of me where they would be save for perhaps the topper?

As far as I can see GI is all Bayonet... Dont know of any Bayonet ones... Best to get someone else to confirm tho :D

Back
Top Bottom