What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAF Upper left jet bulb

LordBucketHead

Registered
Looking at this I'm guessing inspectors J. Santiago and M. Sonera in July 1992 were the last humans to get anywhere near this.
So.. you have to lift the whole ramp to do anything with it ? To change a bulb ?
No wonder it looks like the Pinball equivalent of 'Eel Marsh House'

Whichever way you do it, putting an LED in there means you are unlikely to have to do it again.
But check the LED first! Some LEDs only work 1 way round, and I have learnt from bitter experience not to assume it went in the correct way 1st time before rebuilding everything around it again. Depends on your LEDs of course.

But check the LED first! Some LEDs only work 1 way round, and I have learnt from bitter experience not to assume it went in the correct way 1st time before rebuilding everything around it again. Depends on your LEDs of course.
Thanks for that advice. I'm an absolute master of finding the wrong way to do something first try.

Despite being a Bally title, Addams uses the Williams design of jet/thumper bumper, meaning that the assembly roughly divides into components above the playfield and those below. If the Bally type had been used, it might've been possible to release the coloured plastic toppings and lower the bumper out below the playfield. Difficulty with access may well have been the reason for creature from black lagoon not having lamps in the bumpers.

Another thing (pun not intended) to watch out for is the rather flimsy lamp socket; often one of the flexible metal strips used for connecting the lamp breaks right next to the socket.

Back
Top Bottom