What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAF Row Faults

ylumno3

Registered
Hello, so my addams family machine has failed, I now have two rows of switches that aren't working. To me that points to the return/common side of the switches so I done some tests. I've got continuity through the wire from the pin in the plug that goes on the PCB to all the effected switches and between the front and the back of the board. When the board is mounted on the backboard I can't get a continuity reading on any of the pins on the common side, but six rows of switches are working so I'm not sure if I should be (I would have thought so). I don't know enough and am pretty much stuck now, if anybody has any ideas they'd be most appreciated.

Manual is your friend here , but it does sound like there is a wire off a switch .That are on a Daisy chain !!

Yes that was my initial thought, but i've got continuity on the wire from the switches back to the pin in the plug that goes to the PCB, don't think i'd get that if there was a break in the link.

Just thinking about this, so the thinking is that all 8 switch columns would have a problem, but, only on two rows with all the switches on those rows not working, and no other switches affected, is this possible, have you heard of this before.

Hello, thought I'd post an update on this. It turns out the board has corroded tracks due to the batteries previously leaking so the signal was breaking down between a couple of the chips, it took a bit of finding as you have to check continuity between the pins and you need to know which ones go to where but I got there in the end. Once found it I bridged between the pins with some wire and all the switches are now working (I just need to save up now and get the new style board) It's not the end of my problems with the machine but that'll be another post.

Back
Top Bottom