What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAF Playfield

• Thread starter robertlucas1970
  • Start date
R

robertlucas1970

Did anybody get in on the TAF playfields that I see are now been cut at classicplayfields ? Not sure how I missed the run, I kept checking and it said was waiting on a new supply of inserts and now I see the run is full.
Also what would the quality like be of these compared to say sending one to Henrick for a refurb ?
Many Thanks

The run was full shortly after they opened it up for orders a couple of years ago (they also filled and then closed the stand by list). I'm on the list so should be getting one, if they'e like other CPR play fields I've had or seen then should be top quality but no telling for sure until they start being delivered to people.

I've never had work done by Henrick but know people that have and have seen at least one TAF play field that they did and it looked beautiful. I don't think you can go wrong with either tbh but getting a CPR one will be tricky unless you're prepared to pay well over the odds to some scalper as I'm sure some people on the list would be getting them to sell on.

Thanks for the info, I expect if people have ordered them some years ago plans might well of changed and might see a few for sale.
I started collecting bits some time ago, ramp, plastics, I still dont have a pin yet as just waiting for the right one to come along.

I started collecting bits some time ago, ramp, plastics, I still dont have a pin yet as just waiting for the right one to come along.

Same here, I've got everything to restore mine apart from the playfield :) If some do come up for sale then I'd expect to pay a premium as any people that drop off the list will be replaced by people on the reserve list which is as big as the main list I think. I think the only ones you'll see up for sale (at least initially) will be from scalpers :(

Sent mine away to Henrik and it came back absolutely perfect - unrecognizable from the worn sorry TAF playfield I sent him. Occasionally there have been some issues with CPR playfields that the holes are not always in exactly the right places which you obviously don't get if you restore an original.

cpr playfields will be available as they sell lots to there distributers and are normally good
henriks work is second to none but be prepared to pay more than a new playfield and look at around 10 months turn around
chris platt on here also does playfield restoration to a good standard at a very fair price

I have just done three Addams family playfields.....all being clear coated at the moment ....I have two already sold and one available..until they are cleared I cant put pics on but all are beautifully done with no overlays ...I do have pics of the last one I did and sold a few weeks ago if anyone wants a look ..first come first served for the one available..i really don't want to post it if I can so priority given to collection in north west region ..07710302589....chris

just a point on any new playfields.....the ones I have seen are all scanned from the original and the quality compared to the originals/restored ones doesn't compare .they seem blurred and the colours are not as striking or even the same...others may have seen better examples ..

I have just done three Addams family playfields.....all being clear coated at the moment ....I have two already sold and one available..until they are cleared I cant put pics on but all are beautifully done with no overlays ...I do have pics of the last one I did and sold a few weeks ago if anyone wants a look ..first come first served for the one available..i really don't want to post it if I can so priority given to collection in north west region ..07710302589....chris

Post some pictures on here for us to see. I'm always impressed by pf restorations

I would be interested in one, can you PM me details please, would love to see some pics as soon as they are ready............

here again is some pics of the last one i did,,,again not great pics but when i get these three in the next week or so i will put really detailed ones on..i have many before shots but you get the picture,white stuff is buffing compound....all playfields to the same standard..

Attachments

• DSCN2267.JPG
    DSCN2267.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCN2268.JPG
    DSCN2268.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN2270.JPG
    DSCN2270.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN2277.JPG
    DSCN2277.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN2276.JPG
    DSCN2276.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCN2283.JPG
    DSCN2283.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCN2271.JPG
    DSCN2271.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0078.JPG
    IMG_0078.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 58
Great stuff.

Do you think you would be able to fill the three holes on a UK skill posts playfield and re-do the art over the holes ?

Chris, great work. Out of interest how do you manage to fix the outlanes. I've seen a number of TAF playfields with heavy planking, surely not much can be done to fix them?

thanks kenny most planking has done its worst and tend just to be filled and painted and clear coated.....the laminated playfields are pretty hardy ,ive not had any with any major issues

Back
Top Bottom