What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAF flipper problem

M4carp

Site Supporter
Alias
Lostcause
I recently bought the machine with a few issues, one of which is left lower flipper that was sort of working then not and a bit jittery.
I have tested all the switches and on single switch test the left lower flipper switch is not working (upper ok) but the flipper is very very slightly trying to move. Swopped flipper switches over same thing. All switches look new.
On flipper test it is working strong.
The upper left was playing up but seems to have sorted itself out somehow.
Any ideas?

Just cont. tested flipper switches to flipper control board and all good, so guessing fault on a board.
Pulled off ribbon cable and put back, it’s a new cable. Flip board has no repairs.
Don’t know what to test for now so board swop time.

No, will have a look at a diagram and see where the left flipper switch goes through. Everything looks ok on the board to the eye.
In the meantime a doner machine has helped out again just so I can play the hell out of it for a while. Sound board had a fault too.

The benefits of a donor machine :)

What was wrong with the sound board? How did you diagnose there was a problem?

(Am curious really to expand my knowledge about this stuff)

There was no bong at startup and some sounds like the click click and some drums were missing.
Don’t know the fault on the board but apparently they can be tricky to fault find.
Got a few boards to be fixed now. At least they can be fixed though?

Back
Top Bottom