What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T3WMP Present "The Funball 4; A Winter Tournament for London and the South East!"

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

Funball3.jpg

For Immediate Release
-------------------------------------
T3WMP PROUDLY PRESENT

IN ASSOCIATION WITH FLIPOUT LONDON

THE FUNBALL 4 WINTER TOURNAMENT

London, Liphook, High Wycombe and Woking May 2018 - T3WMP are proud to announce a winter pinball tournament for London and the South East. The tournament will be made of three rounds of league format with pinballers' best two of three to seed them for a matchplay tournament style grande finale to be held at the legendary Flipout London this winter. This league will be IFPA sanctioned and will score WPPR points for those that care about them - but this is for all skill levels and all ages and whilst we will run a professional event we won't get too serious!

The league format will use bank of eight to ten machines with with your best scores from five machines at each round. The finals will then be a ten round (subject to time) matchplay 4 player head to head with finals. Wel will be live streaming some of the action; and will hold short how to play better sessions at all rounds. Anyone can enter any round.

Episode 1 30th September will be held at World Famous Pavlov Towers, High Wycombe - proceeds to Bloodwise
Episode 2 14th October will be held at the slightly less World Famous Domino Arcade, Woking - Proceeds to the National Autistic Society
Episode 3 4th November will be held at new and super exciting Yarcade in Liphook - Proceeds to MS
The Grande Finale 18th of November at the legend that is Flipout London - £2.00 per head of proceeds going to all threes charities above.

Costs are £3 for Episodes 1-3 each
£10 for the Grande Finale with trophy presentation for best 3, best female player and best under 16; The Three (not so) Wisemen of Pinball reserve the right to make other special awards as appropriate :D

To register please visit our website https://playpinball.uk/ and register your interest...

Game line up

Episode 1
Dialed in! LE
Earthshaker
Whoa Nellie
Roadshow
AC/DC Luci
Ghostbusters Premium
Star Trek Premium
Total Nuclear Annihilation
The Addams Family
Whitewater
Twilight Zone

Episode 2
Data East Star Trek
Williams Star Trek: TNG
Stern Star Trek Premium
Bride of Pinbot
No Fear
Theatre of Magic
Indy 500
Medieval Madness LE
Attack From Mars LE
Monster Bash
World Poker Tour
Walking Dead Premium
Ghostbusters Premium
Batman '66 LE
Iron Maiden LE

Episode 3
The Addams Family
Star Trek the Next Generation
Metallica
Bride of Pinbot 2
Theatre of Magic
Mary Shelleys Frankenstein
Roadshow
Junkyard
Popeye
Fish Tales
Flintstones
Total Nuclear Annhilation

The Grande Finale line up can be viewed at flipoutlondon.com (and changes regularly - machines to be used in the competition will be flagged a week in advance).

Last edited by a moderator:
It does look awesome! Fantastic job guys for getting it off the ground. What is the process for qualifying for the finals? Do you need to attend all 3 meets in order to qualify?

Really awesome guys, will do my best to make the trip, all 3 meets have incredible lineups!

no, anyone can attend any event, The finals day will consist of some matchplay player against player for a final scoring round in the championship, that will then be used to place folks in normal finals style. Some details to figure out on that and we're working on it. We felt it as important that people play each other as well as the machine. So the episodes can be as long a day as you want, but the finals brings everyone together to play against each other and hopefully learn some skills for those that want to do that part,

one of the challenges is knowing how many people are going to take part. we;re hoping to be busy. We will post the full rules on August 9th with all the details required.

Neil.

Some updates to the line-up in November. Still early days so more changes potentially before then...

Episode 3
The Addams Family
Star Trek the Next Generation
Metallica
Bride of Pinbot 2
Theatre of Magic
Mary Shelleys Frankenstein
Roadshow
Junkyard
Popeye
Fish Tales
Flintstones
Judge Dredd
Iron Maiden Premium
Family Guy
Iron Man VE
Full size VPin with tons of tables (and yes, I know....)

I'll be posting pictures of the new pin room build in the next few weeks.

To enter please visit our website https://playpinball.uk/ and register your interest...

Episode 1 is nearly upon us - keep an eye out in your email for the first update which we will post here also tonight at 20:30!!!

FUNBALL 4 - Episode 1 - The Pavlov who Tilted Me! @ Pavlov Towers, High Wycombe!

Episode 1 Trailer

If you are planning on coming please let us know - registration is at http://playpinball.uk - we have 30 people registered for Episode 1!

Neil.

The wife is away so if I can offload the kids for the day I'll be there. Sound pretty darn good.

You could always do the tournament at flip out on the 29th and then stay locally to make this easier on the 30th? I'm thinking of doing that now the tournament on the 29th is 1 day not 24hours. Just got to get clearance from Lou because I've already told her it's only 1 day of pinball that weekend now!!

Hmmm, is there an airBnB near to the venue? If there is one with two rooms could cut down on cost.

Anyone else be there the night before and fancy dinner and some beers?

Hmmm, is there an airBnB near to the venue? If there is one with two rooms could cut down on cost.

Anyone else be there the night before and fancy dinner and some beers?

Airbnb yes for about £40 nearby - travelodge same money in central Wycombe

Down to the last 4 places for round 1 so register quick!

Cheers
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have registered - anyone about for a meal and some beers Sat night before I book?

Players List for Episode 1 The Pavlov who Tilted me! - couple of spots left.

https://matchplay.events/live/d39zn/players

Reminder 11:00 start aim to be at Pavlov Towers for 10:30! And we will be done by 15:00! £3 entry all proceeds goto charity.

Cheers
Nell Paul Martin

We are capping at 36 - so three places left!!

“Do you expect me to talk?”
“No Mr. Pavlov I expect you to Tilt.”

Cheers,
Neil

ok one more space open.

Back
Top Bottom