What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T2 Color DMD

I never thought the animations were that great on t2. I guess it was a new thing at the time. Will be interesting to see what it looks like

I nearly bought one off @I TiltAlot to fit to mine, but the display didn't fit because it's an older type (one of the first generation ones). Do you have to get a new one to make it fit the game?

It would go in but I couldn't get the translite in, the display pushed about an inch too high and it wouldn't sit in the game.

I guess if you've got a spare colour dmd lying about, it might be interesting to try it on t2. I always thought the red perspex in front of the DMD was enough on t2 because of how basic it was.

On May 1st 1991 I thought it looked fookin awesome but hey that's a LONG time ago. Always thought Black Rose is let down by crappy dots- especially in the video modes.

T2's dots were state of the art at the time, only a few months after BOP and FH with their alpha numerics.
It was Willam's first game to use a full size DMD, think Data East were already using them at this stage(the very first being Checkpoint)? Also Gilligan's Island should have been first Williams but took longer to make it to production.

the small DM are terrible. DE were offered the big display but at an Expo fireside chat Gary let slip that they were $18 per machine more and as WIlliams/Bally still werent commitment to the new displays , they went for the cheaper option

T2's dots were state of the art at the time, only a few months after BOP and FH with their alpha numerics.
It was Willam's first game to use a full size DMD, think Data East were already using them at this stage(the very first being Checkpoint)? Also Gilligan's Island should have been first Williams but took longer to make it to production.
I think you have that the wrong way round, T2 should of been the first but took longer to make it to production. Gilligans Island was the first Williams DMD release.

I think you have that the wrong way round, T2 should of been the first but took longer to make it to production. Gilligans Island was the first Williams DMD release.

Wasn't GI Bally? It still has the old shape Bally back box but not sure if Williams had bought them out by then!! I'll obviously stand corrected because I'm most probably wrong

Wasn't GI Bally? It still has the old shape Bally back box but not sure if Williams had bought them out by then!! I'll obviously stand corrected because I'm most probably wrong
You're right GI was marketed as a Bally, but it was all the same platform by then. Williams aquired Bally/Midway in 1988.

Back
Top Bottom